Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julien Simon, 4* 2021 ATH, Tacoma (Lincoln), WA (Offered 6/22)

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    So, why does Pete put Simon on the backburner? Are there really croots better than him at his position(s)…?
  • Options
    RDRRDR Member Posts: 580
    edited April 2019
    animate said:

So, why does Pete put Simon on the backburner? Are there really croots better than him at his position(s)…?

I'm not sure. I think that Petersen is worried about him being physically maxed out. I hope I'm wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong, @HillsboroDuck?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

RDR said:

animate said:

I'm not sure. I think that Petersen is worried about him being physically maxed out. I hope I'm wrong. Please tell me I'm wrong, @HillsboroDuck?

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Domicillo said:

animate said:

RDR said:

animate said:

Answer the damn question!
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,501
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

If Pete is purposefully delaying offering in state kids to build prestige in the offer, I get it. But then dont offer California 3 stars early...

We have 11 total offers out for 2021, all of which are to high 4 star and 5 star players...
    PGOS really demonstrating he knows more about recruiting than we give him credit for.

Dont act like you knew that shit

2020 wasnt that way
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019

NEsnake12 said:

If Pete is purposefully delaying offering in state kids to build prestige in the offer, I get it. But then dont offer California 3 stars early...

We have 11 total offers out for 2021, all of which are to high 4 star and 5 star players...
    PGOS really demonstrating he knows more about recruiting than we give him credit for.

Dont act like you knew that shit

2020 wasnt that way
    2020 we offered Smalls super early, Hackett very early and Adams and Hector plenty early, there were no large numbers of Cali 3 stars offered before them. Rogers and Scott appear to be in their own category. Pete isn't waiting to offer them based on prestige.

Hopefully Pete doesn't have similar qualms about Simon and Will Latu.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Pete is giving the state of WA big fuck you and suck on my nuts treatment
  • Options
    PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I had stupidly hoped that after losing smalls Peter might change his style a little. Instead we have offered three fucking stiffs from Texas.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Penace said:

I had stupidly hoped that after losing smalls Peter might change his style a little. Instead we have offered three fucking stiffs from Texas.

They are not stiffs, but WA has players of equivalent talent
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,794
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Lol Petersen is such a stubborn fucker
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    So I always get Simon and Rogers confused, as they're the two 47 year olds of the class. Simon is the one with no red flags, right? The one that's the most confusing as to why there's no offer?

What position would you see him playing in UW's system, and how would he stack up against other players on their board at those positions?

I'm just trying to make sense as to why there's no offer yet. If they're actively targeting "better" players, okay. If there are grades or character issues, okay. If he's a tweener or otherwise not a position fit, okay. But I'm not seeing any of these things.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

So I always get Simon and Rogers confused, as they're the two 47 year olds of the class. Simon is the one with no red flags, right? The one that's the most confusing as to why there's no offer?

What position would you see him playing in UW's system, and how would he stack up against other players on their board at those positions?

I'm just trying to make sense as to why there's no offer yet. If they're actively targeting "better" players, okay. If there are grades or character issues, okay. If he's a tweener or otherwise not a position fit, okay. But I'm not seeing any of these things.

They are different classes for one thing. Rogers is the 2020 TE, Simon is the 2021 athlete. I think we may be (not) recruiting him as LB though not sure.