Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anti vaxxers among top threats to global health

12346»

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I just don't think you can compare flu shots to vaccines. Aren't vaccines mandatory to go to school or do anything?

One is totally optional and works somewhat, one is a necessary part of life that you have to do unless you go way out of your way to come up with some goofy psuedo science excuse.

I just don't think you can compare flu shots to vaccines. Aren't vaccines mandatory to go to school or do anything?

One is totally optional and works somewhat, one is a necessary part of life that you have to do unless you go way out of your way to come up with some goofy psuedo science excuse.

Flu shots are vaccines. The point is the flu has a vaccine that varries in its effectiveness because the virus mutates every year. The shots are stil much better than nothing considering the seriousness of influenza. (80,000) deaths a year. Even if it’s not perfect, it extremely helpful. Yet people who say meh, to the flu shot lose their shit when people don’t get a measles shot. Which isn’t a killer in any significant way in the US.

Trying to justify not getting a flu shot is also pseudo science.
    Justifying a flu shot is as simple as "I didn't feel like it or have a compelling reason to make a pit stop at CVS"

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Flu shots are vaccines. The point is the flu has a vaccine that varries in its effectiveness because the virus mutates every year. The shots are stil much better than nothing considering the seriousness of influenza. (80,000) deaths a year. Even if it’s not perfect, it extremely helpful. Yet people who say meh, to the flu shot lose their shit when people don’t get a measles shot. Which isn’t a killer in any significant way in the US.

Justifying a flu shot is as simple as "I didn't feel like it or have a compelling reason to make a pit stop at CVS"

Which is amusing when the person skipping the shot is on a high horse about a measles shot.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,586
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Which is amusing when the person skipping the shot is on a high horse about a measles shot.
    I've completely forgotten what we're talking about