Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Anti vaxxers among top threats to global health

Comments

• Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    sure.

and, “unless drastic measures to reduce greenhouse gases are taken within the next 10 years, the world will reach a point of no return." In Gore's own words, he claimed we were in "a true planetary emergency."
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019
    I’m not an anti vaxxer, I just don’t trust smug assholes like you who think they know what’s best for me. Fuck off. And why don’t you pricks have the same argument and self righteous indignation about flu shots? Flu kills people that number in the 1000’s

It’s awesome how they use world wide stats, not just the US. 349 cases of the measles last year. How many deaths? 1? Get a vaccine and move the fuck on, if not, you might get sick...but probably not. JFC this isn’t even about disease, its’ about people like APAG who love to virtue signal their morality. Go read about child deaths in swimming pools. Sure would make more sense to virtue signal about something that actually kills kids in the US.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,755
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m not an anti vaxxer, I just don’t trust smug assholes like you who think they know what’s best for me. Fuck off. And why don’t you pricks have the same argument and self righteous indignation about flu shots? Flu kills people that number in the 1000’s

It’s awesome how they use world wide stats, not just the US. 349 cases of the measles last year. How many deaths? 1? Get a vaccine and move the fuck on, if not, you might get sick...but probably not. JFC this isn’t even about disease, its’ about people like APAG who love to virtue signal their morality. Go read about child deaths in swimming pools. Sure would make more sense to virtue signal about something that actually kills kids in the US.

*swoooon*

This is why I've been a Damone-minion (if he wants it or not) for over 15 years.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    We should require vaccines from visitors first.

We should secure our borders from the Non-vaccinated
  • Options
    New US military branch perhaps?

VaxxForce: fly strike teams into high risk pockets around the World and Vaxx the Shit out of entire Villages. Save the world! Saves us.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only reason people have the luxury of not getting vaccinated and having it be a low risk proposition in this country is because the vaccines did their jerb in the first place. Back when when people were scared of disease there were no nutty anti vaxers
    Yeah? And?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The only reason people have the luxury of not getting vaccinated and having it be a low risk proposition in this country is because the vaccines did their jerb in the first place. Back when when people were scared of disease there were no nutty anti vaxers
    Yeah? And?
    Point being, anit vaxers are silly, hypocrite and ripping on them ain’t virtue signaling. Putting a BLM in your front yard is virtue signaling. Buying a Prius is virtue signaling.
    Yep, they are all those things. Ripping on them is virtue signally because people who do it try to appear morally superior, yet the actual consequences are a blip when you are comparing to what actually kills kids. So the truth is they care more about how they appear than being concerned for, or actually doing something that would result in less child death.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

I am honestly shocked you are this dumb. Don't vaccinate your offspring.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I am honestly shocked you are this dumb. Don't vaccinate your offspring.
    I wouldn’t even consider not vaccinating. But great argument.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2019

Yeah? And?
    Point being, anit vaxers are silly, hypocrite and ripping on them ain’t virtue signaling. Putting a BLM in your front yard is virtue signaling. Buying a Prius is virtue signaling.
    Yep, they are all those things. Ripping on them is virtue signally because people who do it try to appear morally superior, yet the actual consequences are a blip when you are comparing to what actually kills kids. So the truth is they care more about how they appear than being concerned for, or actually doing something that would result in less child death.
    But we can agree @MikeDamone that If a large percentage of the populace heeded the advice of the anti vaxers, infectious disease would make a come back. It’s not virtue signaling to mock ignorant, dumb shits.

Let me axe you this as the indoor plumbing superiority guy of the bored: would it be virtue signaling to mock some dumbass who wanted to only shit in an outhouse he built near the town’s water supply? Indoor plumbing and the modern sewer system got rid of cholera and typhus, just as vaccines got rid of polio, small pox, TB, measles, whooping cough, etc.
    They won’t and don’t heed that advice though. Reductio ad absurdum is your logical fallacy. With a touch of red herring.

Do you have an argument for jailing and potentially killing people who don’t vaccinate themselves or kids or not?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I never really thought Rand was on target. I’m more of a Locke, Hobbs, and Rothbard Guy.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Yeah? And?
    But we can agree @MikeDamone that If a large percentage of the populace heeded the advice of the anti vaxers, infectious disease would make a come back. It’s not virtue signaling to mock ignorant, dumb shits.

Let me axe you this as the indoor plumbing superiority guy of the bored: would it be virtue signaling to mock some dumbass who wanted to only shit in an outhouse he built near the town’s water supply? Indoor plumbing and the modern sewer system got rid of cholera and typhus, just as vaccines got rid of polio, small pox, TB, measles, whooping cough, etc.
    They won’t and don’t heed that advice though. Reductio ad absurdum is your logical fallacy. With a touch of red herring.

Do you have an argument for jailing and potentially killing people who don’t vaccinate themselves or kids or not?
    Whoaa, hold the phone there Damone. I haven’t been taking Latin classes with @creepycoug and wouldn’t even begin to know what that $20 word means.

I know they won’t and don’t heed that adivice and I’m not advocating the state force them to do vaccinations by threat of jail time. But they should be mocked for the fools they are. And I’m fine with my kids day care telling them to LEAVE.
    I’d like to mock you for sensible your kids to day care. That alright?
    I’m the last person to here to mock typos and what not but can you re type this? I’m not following.
    Sensible = sending