Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Anti vaxxers among top threats to global health

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I’m not an anti vaxxer, I just don’t trust smug assholes like you who think they know what’s best for me. Fuck off. And why don’t you pricks have the same argument and self righteous indignation about flu shots? Flu kills people that number in the 1000’s

It’s awesome how they use world wide stats, not just the US. 349 cases of the measles last year. How many deaths? 1? Get a vaccine and move the fuck on, if not, you might get sick...but probably not. JFC this isn’t even about disease, its’ about people like APAG who love to virtue signal their morality. Go read about child deaths in swimming pools. Sure would make more sense to virtue signal about something that actually kills kids in the US.

The only reason people have the luxury of not getting vaccinated and having it be a low risk proposition in this country is because the vaccines did their jerb in the first place. Back when when people were scared of disease there were no nutty anti vaxers
    Yeah? And?
    Point being, anit vaxers are silly, hypocrite and ripping on them ain’t virtue signaling. Putting a BLM in your front yard is virtue signaling. Buying a Prius is virtue signaling.
    Yep, they are all those things. Ripping on them is virtue signally because people who do it try to appear morally superior, yet the actual consequences are a blip when you are comparing to what actually kills kids. So the truth is they care more about how they appear than being concerned for, or actually doing something that would result in less child death.
    But we can agree @MikeDamone that If a large percentage of the populace heeded the advice of the anti vaxers, infectious disease would make a come back. It’s not virtue signaling to mock ignorant, dumb shits.

Let me axe you this as the indoor plumbing superiority guy of the bored: would it be virtue signaling to mock some dumbass who wanted to only shit in an outhouse he built near the town’s water supply? Indoor plumbing and the modern sewer system got rid of cholera and typhus, just as vaccines got rid of polio, small pox, TB, measles, whooping cough, etc.
    They won’t and don’t heed that advice though. Reductio ad absurdum is your logical fallacy. With a touch of red herring.

Do you have an argument for jailing and potentially killing people who don’t vaccinate themselves or kids or not?
    Whoaa, hold the phone there Damone. I haven’t been taking Latin classes with @creepycoug and wouldn’t even begin to know what that $20 word means.

I know they won’t and don’t heed that adivice and I’m not advocating the state force them to do vaccinations by threat of jail time. But they should be mocked for the fools they are. And I’m fine with my kids day care telling them to LEAVE.
    I’d like to mock you for sensible your kids to day care. That alright?
    I’m the last person to here to mock typos and what not but can you re type this? I’m not following.
    Sensible = sending
    Much ablooged
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’m not an anti vaxxer, I just don’t trust smug assholes like you who think they know what’s best for me. Fuck off. And why don’t you pricks have the same argument and self righteous indignation about flu shots? Flu kills people that number in the 1000’s

It’s awesome how they use world wide stats, not just the US. 349 cases of the measles last year. How many deaths? 1? Get a vaccine and move the fuck on, if not, you might get sick...but probably not. JFC this isn’t even about disease, its’ about people like APAG who love to virtue signal their morality. Go read about child deaths in swimming pools. Sure would make more sense to virtue signal about something that actually kills kids in the US.

The only reason people have the luxury of not getting vaccinated and having it be a low risk proposition in this country is because the vaccines did their jerb in the first place. Back when when people were scared of disease there were no nutty anti vaxers
    Yeah? And?
    Point being, anit vaxers are silly, hypocrite and ripping on them ain’t virtue signaling. Putting a BLM in your front yard is virtue signaling. Buying a Prius is virtue signaling.
    Yep, they are all those things. Ripping on them is virtue signally because people who do it try to appear morally superior, yet the actual consequences are a blip when you are comparing to what actually kills kids. So the truth is they care more about how they appear than being concerned for, or actually doing something that would result in less child death.
    But we can agree @MikeDamone that If a large percentage of the populace heeded the advice of the anti vaxers, infectious disease would make a come back. It’s not virtue signaling to mock ignorant, dumb shits.

Let me axe you this as the indoor plumbing superiority guy of the bored: would it be virtue signaling to mock some dumbass who wanted to only shit in an outhouse he built near the town’s water supply? Indoor plumbing and the modern sewer system got rid of cholera and typhus, just as vaccines got rid of polio, small pox, TB, measles, whooping cough, etc.
    They won’t and don’t heed that advice though. Reductio ad absurdum is your logical fallacy. With a touch of red herring.

Do you have an argument for jailing and potentially killing people who don’t vaccinate themselves or kids or not?
    Whoaa, hold the phone there Damone. I haven’t been taking Latin classes with @creepycoug and wouldn’t even begin to know what that $20 word means.

I know they won’t and don’t heed that adivice and I’m not advocating the state force them to do vaccinations by threat of jail time. But they should be mocked for the fools they are. And I’m fine with my kids day care telling them to LEAVE.
    Well, that’s all we are talking about. There was a thread yesterday that said the parents should be in jail. Mock away if it makes you feel better. People should be vaccinated, their kids should be vaccinated. Vaccines work. The state should not force people to do it. The state does not own peoples bodies. A daycare, public or private has the right to require all kids to be vaccinated. If someone who refuses vaccines is free to find daycare that don’t require them.
    Fucking this. Above all else.
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Yeah? And?

I’d like to mock you for sending your kids to day care. That alright?
    Bruh, you don’t live in Seattle as I recall. It’s expensive as fuck here and usually both parents gotta bring home the bacon. I married a good earner but no @BearsWiin man of leisure lifestyle for me. Sad, I know.
    We put all of our kids into preschool between the ages of two and three so they'd have experience being in social situations before they got to kindergarten.

People who don't vaccinate put others at risk, people who are very young or old or for some medical reason can't have vaccinations (immune system issues, chemo, etc.). I have no problem with daycares and schools being allowed to discriminate against those who willingly make themselves or their children a public health risk.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

People should do what their leaders tell them to do

Better idea: join HCH, learn from informed, reasonable, opposing viewpoints, and make up your own mind.

Yeah? And?
    Eh, true for many. But there are people who know what they're talking about who aren't virtue signaling; they're vaccine signaling. And the reason it's a blip is probably because anti-vaccine is a relatively new fad amongst the tin-foil hat crowd. Let's check back in after a few years if it really become hip to not listen to your western-educated MD and to use essential oils instead.

I never really thought Rand was on target. I’m more of a Locke, Hobbs, and Rothbard Guy.
    Rand was a duplicitous whore who didn't see the irony in her decision to beg her friends for money later in life.

And she was ugly as fucking sin, so there's that.

Yeah? And?

Well, that’s all we are talking about. There was a thread yesterday that said the parents should be in jail. Mock away if it makes you feel better. People should be vaccinated, their kids should be vaccinated. Vaccines work. The state should not force people to do it. The state does not own peoples bodies. A daycare, public or private has the right to require all kids to be vaccinated. If someone who refuses vaccines is free to find daycare that don’t require them.

That's right. I do think we should double down on the mockery though. We're good at that here at HCH. Those people should be ostracized for the lepers they will soon become.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Better idea: join HCH, learn from informed, reasonable, opposing viewpoints, and make up your own mind.
    I just spit coffee all over my keyboard, so to speak.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pics?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Yeah? And?

But the state should teach kids that the proper household is headed by a married man and woman. El oh el.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    People flooding into the country from the far flung 4th world are a much greater threat than anti vaxxers.

They actually have the eradicated (here) diseases. HTH
    Sledog said:

People flooding into the country from the far flung 4th world are a much greater threat than anti vaxxers.

They actually have the eradicated (here) diseases. HTH

The one track mind at work.

Great thread choice, as always Sledbob.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yeah? And?

But the state should teach kids that the proper household is headed by a married man and woman. El oh el.
    Hondo with his first red herring post of the day. Don’t forget to pace yourself.

Oh hai @creepycoug

Grundle sTOp!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics?
    Let's skip the pics of Stalin first thing in the morning. We have to be careful what we axe for.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Yeah? And?

Is in the New or Old Testament mr HCH bible verse quoter.