Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
So, in Paopao's annual swirl to the bottom of the toilet, it seems like after striking out on

1. Wolfe
2. Rae
3. Foskey
4. Martinez
5. Archer

we are down to option #6 at TE... Kyle Patterson. I assume when Martinez and Archer officially tell us to fuck off we will offer this kid. Who is fine.

He's 6-6, 230 and looks like he is, in fact, able to run. Although it doesn't look like he can do it very fast and it take him a long time to get going. But I mean, what - do you think it's realistic to think can beat 5-7 teams for the top 2 players at an important position in our offense?!?!?! How could we ever do that???

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9651257/5b8d90005797c00cbcab2ac4

Jordan Paopao...

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I'm torn on Paopao ...

He's never gotten anybody that didn't basically just land in his lap ...

The TE performance is generally good but how much of that is tied to his coaching vs the players he gets is debatable ...

There's zero evidence to suggest that he's a strong recruiter ...

That being said he is Poly and having 2 Poly guys on staff may have some tangible messages to what Malloe is selling ...

I don't think on the surface it's an easy decision to upgrade given the last point, but the overall recruiting doesn't seem up to par for how we use and the importance of the TE in this offense.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,129
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Boner, Paop and Bobby Greggy should be toast.

Groggy, Pow, Boner in that order for me.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    I just see it happening with Gregory with the bandaid that Heimuli amd Calvert will provide
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,900
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

If we get rid of Boner, who will take over as our resident poon hound?
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    Paopao got married this summer. The way Petersen runs his program paopao wont be let go/given one more year.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    edited November 2018
    animate said:

Paopao got married this summer. The way Petersen runs his program paopao wont be let go/given one more year.

And Boner had a kid

Edit: also, earlier I meant to say I don’t see Gregory being let go due to potentially stumbling into good recruiting class
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    animate said:

That and every single kid he signs turns into a monster.

Dude can't recruit for shit but he can develop like a motherfucker.

He's not getting fired.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

animate said:

That and every single kid he signs turns into a monster.

Dude can't recruit for shit but he can develop like a motherfucker.

He's not getting fired.
    He’s not going to be but he should be.

Strausser developed the shit out of Eldrenkamp & co. and where the fuck is he now? You have to do both when you’re already in a system as well put together as Pete’s. Tosh is the D coordinator at a school ran by Nick Fucking Saban for the past ten years? You think DL/LB’s won’t get developed under Saban without Tosh? Of course they fucking will just like TE’s in Pete’s system because of our usage rate with them compared to every other school in the country.

Our TE’s are great because they’re asked to do both, block and catch. Our coaches should be held to the same standard when it comes to being great at both, development and recruiting.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I'm torn on Paopao ...

The TE performance is generally good but how much of that is tied to his coaching vs the players he gets is debatable ...

That being said he is Poly and having 2 Poly guys on staff may have some tangible messages to what Malloe is selling ...

I don't think on the surface it's an easy decision to upgrade given the last point, but the overall recruiting doesn't seem up to par for how we use and the importance of the TE in this offense.

So is it he gets good players and doesn't know how to coach or does he not know how to get good players but knows how to coach?

You TBSers sometimes need to read what you write.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I'm torn on Paopao ...

So is it he gets good players and doesn't know how to coach or does he not know how to get good players but knows how to coach?

We are always getting Hunter Bryant if we don’t fuck it up

We are always getting the Cade Otton, Drew Sample, Jacob Kiser types

Devin Culp was as much Lubick as PowPow

It’s not easy to evaluate PowPow ... but I just feel like he does what he is supposed to and nothing more
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,889
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Have to be it’s fucking embarrassing and I don’t want to here “look at the LB’s this year” because have you watched our special teams.

USC got the top 2 TE’s on the West Coast with a 5-7 record but that’s not the best part. THEY DONT EVEN FUCKING USE A TIGHT END REALLY HOLY FUCKING SHIT. No offense to this new guy but he’s trash. Paopao didn’t even fucking recruit Devin Culp.

Imagine UDUB at 5-7 getting both Wolfe, Rae, and most likely McCoy and ford. We went to the college football playoff and in that same year lost Eason, AsiAsi, had to go down 25 spots before getting Aaron fuller and Jordan chin, and bob Gregory didn’t sign a single inside LB. if you can’t recruit for a team competing for a natty, then when the fuck are you going to be able to recruit. It’s fucking embarrassing.
    This.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I'm torn on Paopao ...

You can get good players and not be a good recruiter. Jonathan smith didn’t turn into some recruiting wizard by getting sirmon. Gregory isn’t a recruiting wizard if he gets Heimuli because USC didn’t recruit him because he didn’t go to flashy combines and seven on and Ikaika started the relationship by building up our poly culture and offering ngalu early who will probably come up on Heimulis visit.

Hunter committed almost the second we offered him as with Cade. Culp was a lubick Guy.

What Teq means when debating the on field performance is, is Paopao turning hunger Bryant into Travis kelce or is Pete’s offense in general, his high usage rate of TE’s in all different formations, & the lack of a true number 1 receiver especially a big bodied one make Paopao look like a better coach than he is. That has nothing to do with his ability to recruit.

The ability to recruit: signing the highest possible option on your board without having to go down the list even if another school seems to be the favorite it shouldn’t matter because we’re the U FUCKING DUB.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I'm torn on Paopao ...

You can get good players and not be a good recruiter. Jonathan smith didn’t turn into some recruiting wizard by getting sirmon. Gregory isn’t a recruiting wizard if he gets Heimuli because USC didn’t recruit him because he didn’t go to flashy combines and seven on and Ikaika started the relationship by building up our poly culture and offering ngalu early who will probably come up on Heimulis visit.

Hunter committed almost the second we offered him as with Cade. Culp was a lubick Guy.

What Teq means when debating the on field performance is, is Paopao turning hunger Bryant into Travis kelce or is Pete’s offense in general, his high usage rate of TE’s in all different formations, & the lack of a true number 1 receiver especially a big bodied one make Paopao look like a better coach than he is. That has nothing to do with his ability to recruit.

The ability to recruit: signing the highest possible option on your board without having to go down the list even if another school seems to be the favorite it shouldn’t matter because we’re the U FUCKING DUB.
    We are god damn WORSHINGTON
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

I'm torn on Paopao ...

WGAF if he can recruit if all of his players continue to be chincredible.

Recruiting is a means to an end, not an end of itself.

Paopao gets results.