Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Comments

• Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018
    whuggy said:

Might be wise to tread lightly on the Paopao hate. We got a lot of Poly momentum at the moment. Considering the
    family culture ethic of the group, not a good look to be talking of cutting one of their own.

I just don’t understand what he’s doing. If Lake wants a recruit that is committed elsewhere, he pushes, and he gets results. Paopao sees that’s someone is committed elsewhere and just puts on the kid gloves and checks their interest level then bows in submission. He should be on those USC TE’s like white on rice! Change your sales pitch Paopao
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

Might be wise to tread lightly on the Paopao hate. We got a lot of Poly momentum at the moment. Considering the
    family culture ethic of the group, not a good look to be talking of cutting one of their own.

Moving forward, please convey all criticism and/or hatefulness in the form of a filmed interpretive dance piece. You must stay within the mandatory 81 second limit, rhetorical I know. At that point a select committee from the recruiting board will determine if the quality of your piece projects enough originality and artistic value to remain on this board. We can’t have people being so absurd to criticize poor job performance in text, you must take the time to contribute something that at least can be considered a work of art to help us look cultured to the lurkers and outsiders.

Don’t twist, happy dancing.

• Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    To be honest, I forgot Paopao was even on the staff. That says something.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018
    Domicillo said:

whuggy said:

Moving forward, please convey all criticism and/or hatefulness in the form of a filmed interpretive dance piece. You must stay within the mandatory 81 second limit, rhetorical I know. At that point a select committee from the recruiting board will determine if the quality of your piece projects enough originality and artistic value to remain on this board. We can’t have people being so absurd to criticize poor job performance in text, you must take the time to contribute something that at least can be considered a work of art to help us look cultured to the lurkers and outsiders.

Don’t twist, happy dancing.

Thank you for this opportunity. I will take my duties seriously with the utmost focus on only allowing quality content that paints the program in the best light. While this honorable position comes as a bit of a surprise (not really), I can promise that I will remain focused and diligent in keeping criticisms of our shit recruiters off this board.

Before I go, what was the starting salary again?

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

whuggy said:

I just don’t understand what he’s doing. If Lake wants a recruit that is committed elsewhere, he pushes, and he gets results. Paopao sees that’s someone is committed elsewhere and just puts on the kid gloves and checks their interest level then bows in submission. He should be on those USC TE’s like white on rice! Change your sales pitch Paopao
    This is all sounding exactly like the script on Malloe two years ago. Will probably end up the same way. I'd be looking at shitcanning Gregory, Bhonapa, and possibly Lubick before I'd get out the knives on Paopao.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2018

whuggy said:

whuggy said:

This is all sounding exactly like the script on Malloe two years ago. Will probably end up the same way. I'd be looking at shitcanning Gregory, Bhonapa, and possibly Lubick before I'd get out the knives on Paopao.
    Paopao has been here six years and never gotten one out of state recruit that peer schools wanted.
    Exactly. Jacob Kizer and Drew Sample type guys are great. I love them. But the difference between Jude Wolfe and Patterson is stupid big.

Let's use the DDY test.

Kizer, Patterson, and Sample type player at Oregon State: No surprise, that's normal
    Wolfe: Big surprise, super rare

Kizer, Patterson, Sample type player at Ohio State: Big shock, no way that happens
    Wolfe: No shock at all, that's normal.

Poopao needs to get fucking and fucking recruit. Door. Ass. Out.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    We should forward that shit to Pete. Let him chew on that fat and devise a workaround ...
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018

On the 247 West Coast chat, someone asked blair Angulo about uws te and wr recruiting and if he thought lubick and paopao were to blame.

Blair said the problem is our team recruiting strategy.

He said the okg thing hurts recruiting for those two positions (i would add rb - ball handlers like attention and hype and we suck out of state on rbs).

He said we also recruit differently than other schools. Rather than bringing in groups we laser target one or two kids which makes us behind the other schools when we miss and move on to the next kid.

He said we spurned some kids early who were very interested but a little down on our board.

The implication being, everyone strikes out but everyone else is in a better spot.

I think there is something to this. We do fine with defense (inb4 buck) and ol but do shitty with out of state ball handlers.

Tldr skill positions are prima donnas and petersens okg/bfl strategy doesnt work with them as well.

Which is great, except for WTE, the most okg of them all
    Dont conflate slow strategy with okg. If they are getting touches they are used to the crowd sucking their dick. Why arent these coaches from south alaska sucking my dick?

Plus most of the tes we struck out on either had signifigant touches in hs or went to a more slow strategy school (furd)
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    https://www.cardiachill.com/platform/amp/2018/12/6/18128312/travis-koontz-former-pitt-panthers-football-commit-tim-salem-recruitment-juco-ventura-tight-end-run

Just interesting to get an honest PSA perspective on why a coaches sales pitch sucks. Makes you wonder what the hell Paopao is saying.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,946
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

We should forward that shit to Pete. Let him chew on that fat and devise a workaround ...

I would but he blocked me on twitter months ago 🤣 maybe @MrsPetersen can do it when they have dinner tonight.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

On the 247 West Coast chat, someone asked blair Angulo about uws te and wr recruiting and if he thought lubick and paopao were to blame.

Blair said the problem is our team recruiting strategy.

He said the okg thing hurts recruiting for those two positions (i would add rb - ball handlers like attention and hype and we suck out of state on rbs).

He said we also recruit differently than other schools. Rather than bringing in groups we laser target one or two kids which makes us behind the other schools when we miss and move on to the next kid.

He said we spurned some kids early who were very interested but a little down on our board.

The implication being, everyone strikes out but everyone else is in a better spot.

I think there is something to this. We do fine with defense (inb4 buck) and ol but do shitty with out of state ball handlers.

Tldr skill positions are prima donnas and petersens okg/bfl strategy doesnt work with them as well.

Why would anyone ask Angulo any of this?

These people are reporters, not analysts. Asking them why things happen and asking my dog why things happen is equally valuable.

How the fuck would Angulo know? He’s a random jock chaser. He’s not - oh say a guy that gets paid to figure out careful explanations of why people do things and an expert on recruiting.

First rule of checking your logic: look for disconfirmatory cases. Let’s see if we can find any.

OH SHIT LOOK: THAT IS BUSH HAMDAN’S MUSIC!!!

Weird. After we had Dante and John Ross and Bush was recruiting we pulled 5 top notch players that were a level above anything we’s gotten at WR: Ty Jones, Terrell Bynum, Alex Cook, Marquis Spiker and Auzzy Osborne.

Oh, but Angulo says it’s our strategy!!!! Great point fuckface.

These guys are people that report on recruiting for a living and are idiots.

It’s Lubick. It’s Paopao.

For some reason we saw a big two year spike in recruiting: probably a systemic issue to do with our program!!

GREAT POINT FUCKSTICK.

Also - that glory hound position WTE!!!

Also: DBs are definitely the offensive linemen of the defense.

FUCKING KILL THESE IDIOTS.
    Yeah my first thought was what about DBs? They don't like attention? Neon Deion anyone? Sherman? Revis Island? Peters?

Its the coach stupid.

The only mildly interesting thing he said was "we spurned some kids early who were very interested but a little down on our board" which just confirms what we already knew but basically Lubick could have stayed on the same level with Pittman and Delgado. He tried to level up. He is going to miss and end up leveling down with the kid from Texas.
    We just don't know if this was Lubick or Pete, but yeah.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't get the bitching about Paopao? Everybody loved Will Dissly who was a lightly recruited 2-star WTE (granted was recruited to play D-line). Everybody loves Cade Otton who was a lightly recruited 3-star WTE. Paopao goes after another lightly recruited WTE who's taller and longer than both those guys and you guys are bitching? What a bunch of fucking star chasers. Like a said before, white TE's are white TE's. They mostly block and run simple routes over the middle or banana routes in the flat. It's not that hard to find these guys. You can be a shit recruiter and still recruit future NFL TE's as long as you know how to coach them up which Paopao does.

There are zero super star TE's on the West coast in this class. There is no star TE recruit that Paopao should have gotten that he didn't. The 4-star white TE's like Wolfe and Rae are just the ones that played for higher profile teams in Cali and are more physically mature in high school than others but it all evens out in college. This kid has an NFL frame. In two years, when he's 6'6 260, nobody will be bitching. Who gives a fuck if he's a further down the board recruit if he's still talented and turns out to be good?

As long as Paopao keeps recruiting good players whether they're high-profile recruits or not and keeps developing them into NFL guys he can stay.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I don't get the bitching about Paopao? Everybody loved Will Dissly who was a lightly recruited 2-star WTE (granted was recruited to play D-line). Everybody loves Cade Otton who was a lightly recruited 3-star WTE. Paopao goes after another lightly recruited WTE who's taller and longer than both those guys and you guys are bitching? What a bunch of fucking star chasers. Like a said before, white TE's are white TE's. They mostly block and run simple routes over the middle or banana routes in the flat. It's not that hard to find these guys. You can be a shit recruiter and still recruit future NFL TE's as long as you know how to coach them up which Paopao does.

There are zero super star TE's on the West coast in this class. There is no star TE recruit that Paopao should have gotten that he didn't. The 4-star white TE's like Wolfe and Rae are just the ones that played for higher profile teams in Cali and are more physically mature in high school than others but it all evens out in college. This kid has an NFL frame. In two years, when he's 6'6 260, nobody will be bitching. Who gives a fuck if he's a further down the board recruit if he's still talented and turns out to be good?

As long as Paopao keeps recruiting good players whether they're high-profile recruits or not and keeps developing them into NFL guys he can stay.

Translation "I'm bad at logic"

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FUCKFACE.
    Hi my name is Dennis. I have a hard on for Will Dissly and Cade Otton but when UW recruits another WTE just like them I think Paopao should be fired. I then claim to be logical.