Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Meek said:

I don't get the bitching about Paopao? Everybody loved Will Dissly who was a lightly recruited 2-star WTE (granted was recruited to play D-line). Everybody loves Cade Otton who was a lightly recruited 3-star WTE. Paopao goes after another lightly recruited WTE who's taller and longer than both those guys and you guys are bitching? What a bunch of fucking star chasers. Like a said before, white TE's are white TE's. They mostly block and run simple routes over the middle or banana routes in the flat. It's not that hard to find these guys. You can be a shit recruiter and still recruit future NFL TE's as long as you know how to coach them up which Paopao does.

There are zero super star TE's on the West coast in this class. There is no star TE recruit that Paopao should have gotten that he didn't. The 4-star white TE's like Wolfe and Rae are just the ones that played for higher profile teams in Cali and are more physically mature in high school than others but it all evens out in college. This kid has an NFL frame. In two years, when he's 6'6 260, nobody will be bitching. Who gives a fuck if he's a further down the board recruit if he's still talented and turns out to be good?

As long as Paopao keeps recruiting good players whether they're high-profile recruits or not and keeps developing them into NFL guys he can stay.

Translation "I'm bad at logic"

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT FUCKFACE.
    Hi my name is Dennis. I have a hard on for Will Dissly and Cade Otton but when UW recruits another WTE just like them I think Paopao should be fired. I then claim to be logical.
    Do you listen to the pods? Once they become dawgs Dennis accepts them as members of the fam except for brownsocks.

Regardless of WTE OR BTE, moving to the 18th option is not acceptable.

Two part job, recruit the best fucking players “star chase” and develop talent.

He is doing half his job... in my job I have a 6M budget to hit. If I do 1/2 of that, not only will I be out of a job but most likely a lot of other people.

Maybe real life application will connect the dots for you.
    Was Cade Otton one of our top targets? No. We wanted Bryant and Colby Parkinson and whiffed on Parkinson so we settled for Otton. Who gives a fuck? Otton is good. You guys are exaggerating how many guys Paopao has whiffed on. He whiffed on Wolfe and Archer and that's it. Foskey was a Buck recruit. Ethan Rae was never offered and has already torn his ACL twice in high school, we don't want him. Is there anything about Wolfe and Archer that suggests they are better prospects than this kid? No.

Patterson is big and can block and at 6'6 will be a nice red zone target to throw to. TE recruiting is not that fucking serious. I'm fine with high expectations but this is just being unreasonable. Patterson could easily develop into a better player than Wolfe and Archer. A couple years in the weight room getting bigger, stronger, faster and he could be our version of Colby Parkinson.
    Dennis already proved that we know he’ll develop into a better player than Wolfe will but will he develop into a better player than Wolfe would if Wolfe were here. No.
    You don't know that! Wolfe is pretty maxed out. High school man-child. This kid is all upside.
    Que the WDWHA.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

@Baseman That's your problem. You think he's an inferior prospect because he has three-stars next to his name and would think he's superior if he had 4-stars. You have no mind of your own. You're a sheep following star rankings and jumping on a bandwagon. Look at Cade Otton's offer sheet. Drew Sample chose UW over offers from Boise State and Oregon State you fucking idiot. Will Dissly had zero Pac-12 offers until UW offered late. You can easily find NFL talent at TE that isn't rated 4-stars.

Ok, maybe, but this is about pop whiffing on top options. No one questions his talent development skills BUT AGAIN, two part job.

Better talent with development trumps ok talent with development.

If you can’t agree with this I can’t help you.
    I do agree with that. But I don't agree with assuming this kid is just an "ok" talent. I see potentially elite talent. Just need to see him after two years in the weight room to confirm.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,944
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

@Baseman That's your problem. You think he's an inferior prospect because he has three-stars next to his name and would think he's superior if he had 4-stars. You have no mind of your own. You're a sheep following star rankings and jumping on a bandwagon. Look at Cade Otton's offer sheet. Drew Sample chose UW over offers from Boise State and Oregon State you fucking idiot. Will Dissly had zero Pac-12 offers until UW offered late. You can easily find NFL talent at TE that isn't rated 4-stars.

Ok, maybe, but this is about pop whiffing on top options. No one questions his talent development skills BUT AGAIN, two part job.

Better talent with development trumps ok talent with development.

If you can’t agree with this I can’t help you.
    I do agree with that. But I don't agree with assuming this kid is just an "ok" talent. I see potentially elite talent. Just need to see him after two years in the weight room to confirm.
    You belong on doogman or someother eternal optimist site... not here. Cool on you though, I use to be optimistic. It was kinda fun back then.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

You sound like Strausser when after UW spent a ton of resources and time trying to get Fozzy and then ultimately getting his ass blow out by Stanford, he then went to claim Bainavalu was the best OL in state.

We think Patterson is an inferior prospect because the coaches are telling us he is an inferior prospect. After their evaluations they offered Wolfe and Foskey. Then once Wolfe committed they offered Archer and then Martinez who never really considered us by that point. Then once Archer committed to Stanford they offered Patterson. If they thought Patterson was clearly a better prospect than the others they would have offered him first/earlier.

And if you want to argue that he did something different his senior year to ‘earn’ a scholarship, then they could’ve easily offered him during the period when his season was over and Archer still hadn’t committed to Stanford. But they didn’t. They literally waited until after Archer committed to Stanford. Remember Archer didn’t even wait three days for his scheduled in-home with Paopao, he committed and left him shut out. The next days rumblings of Patterson and then an offer soon after as Dennis had projected.

Cmon this stuff really isn’t that hard, just a little bit of cognitive thinking should get you to understand. Actions speak louder than words in life and in recruiting, no one is talking about star ratings but you.

• Options

I love that Ballz is basically ignoring the fact that we offered 5 TEs before this guy.

So - ok. No one is complaining about Kyle in particular you fucking moron.

We are complaining that a person who - with his own free will- offered 5 TEs before he offered this guy didn’t close on any of those guys.

ARE YOU REALLY DEBATING ABOUT KYLE PATTERSON YOU BOOB???

IDGAF! I don't care when a guy is offered. I don't care if Paopao loses his ass over and over again with other recruits and then gets lucky and stumbles upon a hidden gem late in the process that the Beavs were hoping would stay under the radar. All I care about is WHO DO YOU GET and DOES HE HAVE NFL TALENT? I see NFL potential with Patterson so I'm pleased. :)
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    wow, i am ok with ballz going full retard that is part of his brand, but fucking denis engaging in it ..... hurts ddy's brand imo
  • Options
    ZoneUW said:

I love that Ballz is basically ignoring the fact that we offered 5 TEs before this guy.

We are complaining that a person who - with his own free will- offered 5 TEs before he offered this guy didn’t close on any of those guys.

IDGAF! I don't care when a guy is offered. I don't care if Paopao loses his ass over and over again with other recruits and then gets lucky and stumbles upon a hidden gem late in the process that the Beavs were hoping would stay under the radar. All I care about is WHO DO YOU GET and DOES HE HAVE NFL TALENT? I see NFL potential with Patterson so I'm pleased. :)
    WE BEAT OREGON STATE!
    Why do idiots not realize the only chance lesser programs have at being successful is finding and signing under the radar, hidden gem recruits. Sometimes they do and better programs like UW end up kicking themselves for not offering guys like Evan Weaver, Abraham Lucas, and Jermar Jefferson. Just because UW will be beating Oregon State for this kid doesn't mean he sucks. Obviously they think he has the potential to be really good and I agree.
  • Options
    @animate I love how people completely ignore the facts and reasoning that I present and respond in generalizations and stupidity while also trying to put words in my mouth. How fucking stupid can you be? Obviously UW should be recruiting top tier talent at all positions. The point is, top tier talent is sometimes underrated and lightly recruited. Would you not want the coaches to recruit Will Dissly if he was a recruit in this class? Would you prefer Jude Wolfe over Will Dissly? If so, you're a fucking idiot.

So no, ignoring top tier talent that is lightly recruited is not the process now and never will be. You can bitch all you want about Patterson, or Tuputala, or Mosiah Nasili-Liu but the coaches are still going to take guys like them no matter how successful the program becomes. Anytime you can get a guy with NFL potential, a chip on his shoulder, and an elite work ethic, it's a great get for your program. It's these kind of guys that really set the tone and force the high school All-American guys to bust their asses and get better or get beat out. Mosiah earned the "Iron Pup" award for the hardest working Freshman in the weight room. Walk-on Edefuan Ulofoshio earned defensive scout team player of the year over all the defensive scholarship Freshman. Those two guys are talented and they bust their asses because they're hungry.

Kyle Patterson is very talented. If he chooses UW and busts his ass when he gets here he'll be a great TE for us and better than Jude Wolfe and . :)
  • Options
    @Domicillo Timing of offer does not necessarily equate to the talent level of the prospect being offered. The coaches are constantly evaluating guys and some guys are more physically mature in high school than others which allows their talent to be more obvious early in the process and for them to get more offers. A guy like Patterson gets a late offer from UW not because he's less talented than Wolfe and Archer, but because he's more of a late bloomer than those other guys. Just because Joe Tryon was offered late after the coaches whiffed on Jaelan Phillips, DJ Johnson, Addison Gumbs, and Hunter Echols doesn't mean Tryon was less talented than those guys. It just means he was more of a late bloomer.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

@animate I love how people completely ignore the facts and reasoning that I present and respond in generalizations and stupidity while also trying to put words in my mouth. How fucking stupid can you be? Obviously UW should be recruiting top tier talent at all positions. The point is, top tier talent is sometimes underrated and lightly recruited. Would you not want the coaches to recruit Will Dissly if he was a recruit in this class? Would you prefer Jude Wolfe over Will Dissly? If so, you're a fucking idiot.

So no, ignoring top tier talent that is lightly recruited is not the process now and never will be. You can bitch all you want about Patterson, or Tuputala, or Mosiah Nasili-Liu but the coaches are still going to take guys like them no matter how successful the program becomes. Anytime you can get a guy with NFL potential, a chip on his shoulder, and an elite work ethic, it's a great get for your program. It's these kind of guys that really set the tone and force the high school All-American guys to bust their asses and get better or get beat out. Mosiah earned the "Iron Pup" award for the hardest working Freshman in the weight room. Walk-on Edefuan Ulofoshio earned defensive scout team player of the year over all the defensive scholarship Freshman. Those two guys are talented and they bust their asses because they're hungry.

Kyle Patterson is very talented. If he chooses UW and busts his ass when he gets here he'll be a great TE for us and better than Jude Wolfe and . :)

Pot, meet kettle.

No, that is a kettle.

...Why are you trying to argue that it's not a kettle?

For fucks sake, man. Just take the L.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

@Domicillo Timing of offer does not necessarily equate to the talent level of the prospect being offered. The coaches are constantly evaluating guys and some guys are more physically mature in high school than others which allows their talent to be more obvious early in the process and for them to get more offers. A guy like Patterson gets a late offer from UW not because he's less talented than Wolfe and Archer, but because he's more of a late bloomer than those other guys. Just because Joe Tryon was offered late after the coaches whiffed on Jaelan Phillips, DJ Johnson, Addison Gumbs, and Hunter Echols doesn't mean Tryon was less talented than those guys. It just means he was more of a late bloomer.

You’re really horrible at this.
  • Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Chinned cause BOOB is an under utilized insult.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Oh, so nobody has a substantive response to any of the points that I made? You would prefer Jude Wolfe over WIll Dissly? Hunter Echols over Joe Tryon? Yeah, didn't think so. There is no argument against mine because the facts are my side so shut the fuck up. If you're gonna bitch about this offer then don't ever say shit about how much you love lowly, back up plan, 3-star Cade Otton. You don't get to love Taylor Rapp because he was a lighly recruited 3-star. If it was up to you, UW would have taken a 4-star safety over him because "better talent getting developed by this staff is better". You can't have it both ways.