Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Domicillo said:

Oh, so nobody has a substantive response to any of the points that I made? You would prefer Jude Wolfe over WIll Dissly? Hunter Echols over Joe Tryon? Yeah, didn't think so. There is no argument against mine because the facts are my side so shut the fuck up. If you're gonna bitch about this offer then don't ever say shit about how much you love lowly, back up plan, 3-star Cade Otton. You don't get to love Taylor Rapp because he was a lighly recruited 3-star. If it was up to you, UW would have taken a 4-star safety over him because "more talent getting developed by this staff is better". You can't have it both ways.

NOBODY IS USING STAR RATINGS IN THEIR ARGUMENT BUT YOU!
    Whether the displeasure of the Petterson offer is because of his star rating or because he is a late offer after whiffing on others, I have made substantial arguments against both of those lines of thinking. Star rating does not 100% equate to talent (Taylor Rapp, Will Dissly, Greg Gaines, etc). Late offers after whiffing on others does not 100% equate to lesser talent (Joe Tryon).
    No, it does not 100% equate. No one is arguing either of those things. The argument is that you play the percentages, and the percentages say late offers are less likely to be successful than earlier offers.

Every coach is going to make some occasional late offers (i.e. Jayden Williams). It's one thing to make a late offer because you need one more player, it's another thing to make a late offer because you have gotten exactly zero people to commit.

You're the same person who argued we are too good to give a scholarship to Elijah Qualls 2.0 but now you're jacking off over getting a kid who we can maybe develop into a late draft pick if everything goes right.
    1. This kid has more upside at his position than Elijah Qualls ever did. It's a false equivalency. Qualls was short for his position with extremely short arms. This kid has all the height and length you could want and is a smooth athlete. He's the prototype of what everybody wants at the TE position and he has top-three round NFL draft potential if he works hard and plays hard.

2. "Playing the percentages" is not an argument that's on your side anymore. Since UW began to substantially elevate their recruiting in the 2017 class, the majority of late offer 3-star guys have already proven they're top tier talent.

2017: Late offer Jaxson Kirkland, late offer Cade Otton, late offer Joe Tron versus late offers Jake Haener and Cole Norgaard who are still question marks. That's a 3:2 ratio in our favor of late offer guys being quality, top-tier talent and those guys aren't even upperclassman yet.

2018: You've got Mosiah Nasili-Liu and MJ Tafisi. No complaints here. Mosiah obviously has NFL talent and MJ is a bigger, harder hitting version of Bierria so he's got NFL potential as well. Sure we would have preferred Solomon Tuliaupupu over Tafisi but you can't get them all, USC is USC, but as long as you're still getting guys with NFL potential you are recruiting at a high level.
    So 2017 late offers has a 60% hit rate at best (it's actually 50% of signees because you didn't include late offer Ali Gaye).

Early offers have a much better hit rate than that.

The percentages are still in my favor.

hth
    Ali Gaye was never on the roster. He doesn't count.

Early offers do not have a higher hit rate. You have a shit load of early offers that are weeded out by the coaches and do not have committable offers from UW later in the process. If UW just took commitments from any and all early offer guys with 4-stars next to their name they would be no better than the Oregon coaching staff. For instance, UW would have Criddell instead Cam Williams and Maninoa Tafuno instead of Miki Ah You. The evaluation process is ongoing, sometimes early offer guys turn out to be shit.
  • Options
    @HillsboroDuck Lol now you're making shit up. Tryon didn't "blow up" his Senior year. He was committed to WSU and UW over WSU and Oregon. He was still lightly recruited. That's revisionist history bullshit. Everybody wanted Foster Sarrell over Kirkland. Most shit on Kirkland when he committed. He was the quintessential late offer, back up plan that everybody here hates and assumed back then was less talented. WTF does him being a legacy recruit have to do with his talent? Oh that's right, nothing. And yes, Patterson's Senior film looks very good to me when you project how much bigger, stronger, and faster he's going to get in UW's strength and conditioning program.
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Oh, so nobody has a substantive response to any of the points that I made? You would prefer Jude Wolfe over WIll Dissly? Hunter Echols over Joe Tryon? Yeah, didn't think so. There is no argument against mine because the facts are my side so shut the fuck up. If you're gonna bitch about this offer then don't ever say shit about how much you love lowly, back up plan, 3-star Cade Otton. You don't get to love Taylor Rapp because he was a lighly recruited 3-star. If it was up to you, UW would have taken a 4-star safety over him because "more talent getting developed by this staff is better". You can't have it both ways.

Whether the displeasure of the Petterson offer is because of his star rating or because he is a late offer after whiffing on others, I have made substantial arguments against both of those lines of thinking. Star rating does not 100% equate to talent (Taylor Rapp, Will Dissly, Greg Gaines, etc). Late offers after whiffing on others does not 100% equate to lesser talent (Joe Tryon).
    Bruh. Everyone here loved Rapp despite his star rating. Same with Gaines. Same with Dom Hampton. Gaskin. Many others. That's not the point. The point is that Paopao hasn't been able to get the the guys we offered first, I.E. the guys we want most. Taylor Rapp was not option #7. Neither was Greg Gaines.
    Joe Tryon and Jaxson Kirkland
    Everyone loved Joe Tryon, too. Everyone like Kirkland just fine. The prevailing opinion was that we lucked into a good OL class despite fucking up recruiting our priority targets. I don't see how that helps your argument.
    Tryon’s junior to senior film leap was unreal.

Kirkland wasn’t offered earlier because of grades you fucking idiots.

Enough.
    Kirkland was plan B for Foster Sarell and was not going to be offered until Sarell officially committed to Stanford. Grades had nothing to do with it. He was committed to UCLA before UW offered.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018

Domicillo said:

Bruh. Everyone here loved Rapp despite his star rating. Same with Gaines. Same with Dom Hampton. Gaskin. Many others. That's not the point. The point is that Paopao hasn't been able to get the the guys we offered first, I.E. the guys we want most. Taylor Rapp was not option #7. Neither was Greg Gaines.
    Everyone loved Joe Tryon, too. Everyone like Kirkland just fine. The prevailing opinion was that we lucked into a good OL class despite fucking up recruiting our priority targets. I don't see how that helps your argument.

Enough.
    Kirkland was plan B for Foster Sarell and was not going to be offered until Sarell officially committed to Stanford. Grades had nothing to do with it. He was committed to UCLA before UW offered.
    GOD YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. You are 100% wrong about this you fucking moron. Christ.

You ruin every fucking thread. And on this one, I happen to KNOW you are full of shit - just fucking stop.

This is the best place to talk Husky recruiting, easily. But you presenting this shit like you know - you have no fucking idea.

They told Kirk a year early that they wanted to see certain things from his grades. He didn't have them. At the end when we were missing on everyone, we just said fuck it and offered him anyway.

He was not #OKG at all. This is a good example of why I think #OKG is such bullshit.

But you are fucking full of shit. If you think we thought he was lower on our board than fucking Norgaard you are a fucking twat. He was offered 3 weeks after Norgy you fucking jackass.

Would you just fucking shut up please?

I already said: ENOUGH. Fucking quit fucking this board up you moron.

In general I love you, but this is what happens when good fans don't kill their inner Doog. It just grows when we start doing well.

FUCKING. STOP.
    We fucking suck. Shut down the progrum. Better Dennis?
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 786
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    W

Domicillo said:

Enough.
    GOD YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT. You are 100% wrong about this you fucking moron. Christ.

You ruin every fucking thread. And on this one, I happen to KNOW you are full of shit - just fucking stop.

This is the best place to talk Husky recruiting, easily. But you presenting this shit like you know - you have no fucking idea.

They told Kirk a year early that they wanted to see certain things from his grades. He didn't have them. At the end when we were missing on everyone, we just said fuck it and offered him anyway.

He was not #OKG at all. This is a good example of why I think #OKG is such bullshit.

But you are fucking full of shit. If you think we thought he was lower on our board than fucking Norgaard you are a fucking twat. He was offered 3 weeks after Norgy you fucking jackass.

Would you just fucking shut up please?

I already said: ENOUGH. Fucking quit fucking this board up you moron.

In general I love you, but this is what happens when good fans don't kill their inner Doog. It just grows when we start doing well.

FUCKING. STOP.
    very negative
  • Options
    @Dennis_DeYoung Maybe try singing this before you post next time:

https://youtu.be/Kmv3WlKa6U8

• Options
    JustWinNowJustWinNow Member Posts: 357
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025