Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Patterson, 3* 2019 TE, Gilbert (Perry), AZ (OFFERED - 12/2/18)

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Boner, Paop and Bobby Greggy should be toast.

Groggy, Pow, Boner in that order for me.
    Dennis, poopsie, and anyone else who has next level insight into the stalking of young teen boys... what do y'all think of lubick?

I pay enough attention to know who our top guys are and read articles with their comments about coaches and recruiting. Just enough to keep up with how we're trending. So I could be way off about the guy... but from everything I've seen heard and read, I've been pretty underwhelmed with Matt lubick.

Upon his arrival the concensus seemed to be : solid position coach, bright guy, and a hell of a recruiter. Quook fans were saying he was one of the best recruiters they had under slingblade. Oh... and that he has major recruiting ties in Texas that will pay dividends down the road.

At this point the Texas pipeline bullshit seems to be just that. As far as I'm concerned, jury's still out on his coaching thus far. The WR depth was lacking and there doesn't seem to be many big strides in that group. We signed 3 4star guys last winter in a position group that was widely considered our biggest question mark going into the season. It's pretty disappointing that none were able to flash enough to warrant playing over Jordan fucking Chin.

Sure, fuller improved. And so did bacellia. But other than that? Ty Jones showed flashes but the guy has enough talent that he'd get on the field no matter who was the position coach. And when I really think about it, the fact that Jones will be a Jr next year and produced only meh thus far, it has to be a disappointment. Considering his skill set.

Even more troubling is that Jones fellow 4star classmate Bynum has literally done Jack shit in two full years. Same with Cook who was supposed to be a high 3star guy... and who also is staring up at chincredible on the depth chart. Not positive signs.

Yet with the shitty depth he inherited, as well as a quarterback who shits his pants in the pocket and has made an art form of failing to see wide open receivers.Guess all I'm going on so far is circumstantial evidence; albeit very telling ones.

Now as far as recruiting... I was expecting a lot fucking more. His first class of Osborne spiker and Lowe is solid on paper. But lubick had nothing to do with Osborne's decision and I'm fairly certain spiker was coming here regardless. Not sure about Lowe tbh. But his brother decommitted from UW to Oregon and seems to have guided his little bro to not make the same mistake.

Now so far this class, we have a 3star WR who is ranked in the 100s at his position. And we've struck out on... basically fucking everybody. This decommit from the TCU MBA program seems like an intriguing prospect but the only reason we're chasing him is because it's last call, we're really fucked up, bar closes in 20 minutes, chicks have been turning us down all night, and we really just need pussy.

I also don't recall hearing lubicks name mentioned by any top recruits as being influential at all. So poopsie, is he working magic behind the scenes in TBSing? Just don't like what I'm seeing so far. At all. I'd rather keep Gregory than him at this point. I dunno.
    Underchinned and needs bumped.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I fucking told you this kid is good you idiots! But all you want to do is talk shit when a kid gets a late offer and has three stars next to his fucking name. Shut the fuck up! I know what I'm talking about!

Now we better hope his UW official visit is enough to reel him in or else we're fucked.

Even if you are right, you still have aids.
    "if"?
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I fucking told you this kid is good you idiots! But all you want to do is talk shit when a kid gets a late offer and has three stars next to his fucking name. Shut the fuck up! I know what I'm talking about!

Now we better hope his UW official visit is enough to reel him in or else we're fucked.

Never been wrong? Eat your fucking ass?
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Recruiting is dumb.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,416
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

So no TEs in the class is cool too, right?

Bama respects our? talent evaluation
    Alebama wants to keep fucking with our program?
    Only since 1926. In Race years that's not that long ago.

• Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bama just got Roled......

Tide!
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Why did the coaches offer Jude Wolfe, Ethan Rae, Bradley Archer and Michael Martinez before KPatt? No one says he sucks and if they do they’re dumb. What people are upset about is going down the list so far at a position we utilize more than any team in the country.

Also just because he got a phone call from Bama doesn’t negate the fact that this kid is also considering playing at Air Force. Yes, Air Force.
    Because he's more of a late bloomer than those guys. Different genetics = different maturation time. It's okay for guys to make a big jump as Seniors and still be elite talents. Not everybody is clearly elite as a freshman or sophomore.

Also, how do you know Petersen and Paopao haven't been sitting on this kid trying to keep him under the radar by not offering until later in the process? Clearly an offer from UW puts overlooked kids on the radar and then others jump on the bandwagon. Strategically, if a kid you really like doesn't have any big offers the smart thing to do is to wait and offer him later in the process.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

Why did the coaches offer Jude Wolfe, Ethan Rae, Bradley Archer and Michael Martinez before KPatt? No one says he sucks and if they do they’re dumb. What people are upset about is going down the list so far at a position we utilize more than any team in the country.

Also just because he got a phone call from Bama doesn’t negate the fact that this kid is also considering playing at Air Force. Yes, Air Force.
    Who doesn’t love the troops?
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Fire Paopao (and Boner).
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

PaoPao will probably fail at recruiting Draco Bynum to WTE as well. Seems like the trajectory he is on.

Moving him to TE does not sound like a bad idea, unless he is able to put on 50 pounds on his frame
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

Bama gonna bama
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651

Bama gonna bama
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter