Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Election Day Game Thread (Hondo and Bob's Thunder Dome)

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,442 Founders Club
    My favorite local issue in Cali is the repeal of the gas tax that is hugely unpopular and hurts the poor in a big way

So what does the state do - they label it - repeals road and transportation funding and the against ads show fire truck falling through crumbling bridges

Cali already has an extreme gas tax and uses it for anything other than roads as it is. This new one is for Climate Change. Not roads. Again
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    edited November 2018

My favorite local issue in Cali is the repeal of the gas tax that is hugely unpopular and hurts the poor in a big way

So what does the state do - they label it - repeals road and transportation funding and the against ads show fire truck falling through crumbling bridges

Cali already has an extreme gas tax and uses it for anything other than roads as it is. This new one is for Climate Change. Not roads. Again

And the voters are stupid enough that re-branding of the gas tax repeal is to going work. Public employee unions pumped millions of dollars into the Ad campaign and the corrupt one party rule state government was able to rename the gas tax repeal as an "Attack on Bridge and road Safety."
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457

Any of you fags paying attention to local politics? The national shit has less of an impact on your daily life, although for the Hondos of this bored I suppose it's hard to be triggered by our single-party State politics when their hero Kshama Sawant is leading the charge.

No hot takes on I-1631?

Will the ultra left take full control of the State Senate and ensure pushes for higher taxes (capital gains, excise)?

Want to know which races matter? Watch the results in the Senate, districts 6, 26, 30, 35, 42, and 45.

Washington has one of the most regressive tax structures in the country. Which is part of why I moved back.

1631 is dumb. Just localizing taxes on carbon in the state doesn't work.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    SFGbob said:

And the voters are stupid enough that re-branding of the gas tax repeal is to going work. Public employee unions pumped millions of dollars into the Ad campaign and the corrupt one party rule state government was able to rename the gas tax repeal as an "Attack on Bridge and road Safety."
    Do you know that this is exactly what a frustrated ignorant old man on a fixed income would say? Have you considered Nevada?
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter

Hoping Dems take the House at least. Divided government is the best government.

PurpleJ said:

Washington is well on its way to becoming Cali Norte, except without all the obvious benefits of living in Cali like weather and beautiful women. Expensive, bad traffic, full of retarded dems. I think I'm OUT.

More slope-to-sea for me.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

Washington is well on its way to becoming Cali Norte, except without all the obvious benefits of living in Cali like weather and beautiful women. Expensive, bad traffic, full of retarded dems. I think I'm OUT.

You can ignore a lot of the shit in California. Glad we left Washington

The gas tax is a big thing to me because I was poor and really had to budget to get to work and back and the money came out of the food side

But old white guys don't care about poor folk so I am probably lying
    It's easy to be happy when it's 80 degrees in November. Real easy. I could see myself moving back down there.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The gas tax is a big thing to me because I was poor and really had to budget to get to work and back and the money came out of the food side

It's easy to be happy when it's 80 degrees in November. Real easy. I could see myself moving back down there.
    It's the only reason anyone with any money puts up with the government in this state. Otherwise, it would resemble Detroit.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    No blue wave
    No collusion

No puppet
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,893 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

It's the only reason anyone with any money puts up with the government in this state. Otherwise, it would resemble Detroit.
    Owning most of the Pacific Ocean real estate makes all the difference. Location location location.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

So you’re saying wealthy Californians (lets just say annual income + 300k and net worth in excess of $1mm) oppose the governor and legislature? They vote Gop? I’m sure you have a source...
  • DugdawgDugdawg Member Posts: 308
    One thing Washington did right is vote by mail. Look at all those poor suckers standing in line around the country. Plus the ruskies and chinese cant hack your ballot.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    Kids these days.

Well, now I think of it, I watched a male college-classmate weep over the results of the 1994 midterms.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,395 Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

So you’re saying wealthy Californians (lets just say annual income + 300k and net worth in excess of $1mm) oppose the governor and legislature? They vote Gop? I’m sure you have a source...
    I guess it's all the Bakersfield rednecks and retirees like Race propping up the GOP in Ca.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I guess it's all the Bakersfield rednecks and retirees like Race propping up the GOP in Ca.
    There is no effective Republican party in California. It's a one party state.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

SFGbob said:

the next stop is a autocratic regime,

Good thing Rats don't engage in fear. Yes if the Rats don't win the House the Constitution will be suspended.

Why are you illiterate bob? How did that happen?

“College years are long behind me, no need thankfully I’m not so insecure about my education that I continually need to brag about having a superior education of which there is no support of.”
    GayBobFS
    I wish SoFuckingGayBob would stop giving real gay Bobs a bad name. Sad!