Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Election Day Game Thread (Hondo and Bob's Thunder Dome)

Comments

• LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    doesn't really matter - either way we're screwed, it only matters as to which party has the most Vaseline to hand out. The repubs cut back obviously and the dems are all butt hurt - hope the house can fix that problem now.
  • Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,246 Swaye's Wigwam
    The Democratic House will be slightly more useless than the Republican House under Ryan, so we might not notice the change.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110
    Dude61 said:

The Democratic House will be slightly more useless than the Republican House under Ryan, so we might not notice the change.

Nothing will be passed for the next two years. Really shows a flaw in our system tbh.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

Dude61 said:

Nothing will be passed for the next two years. Really shows a flaw in our system tbh.
    That's a feature. Gridlock is highly underrated.
    Fair poont for most cases, but we might actually need to legislature if we get a serious recession in the next couple years.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146
    PurpleJ said:

I will continue to not register my firearms, but fuck this state. I am OUT!!!!
    Wait for the lawsuit that gets the initiative tossed.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Kids these days.

Well, now I think of it, I watched a male college-classmate weep over the results of the 1994 midterms.
    I go to a TUFF aggie retard school and that was definitely not happening here.
    2001400ex said:

Dude61 said:

Husky basketball.

If only I got ESPN U in this shitty Wisconsin hotel. I do get B1G Network tho.
    The internet exists.
    Beta lost to Teddy and all these fucktarded dems want him to run for the presidency in 2020. Losers lose.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Ann Richards was 10x the man Cruz is.

We are in violent agreement here.
  • SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,278 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Random election night thoughts.

I-1639 ensures I will never live in Washington again. I would have never moved back there anyway. WA hates freedom.

Fourth time in history the party with the presidency picked up seats in the Senate. YUGE win for Ol' Orange.

Narrow loss in the House ensures 2 years of total gridlock and absolute hilarity in the Tug.

Best part? The divided government shitshow that is about to unfold practically guarantees my 2020 candidate polls better than ever before. I present to you, your newly elected world ending cataclysm:

Mixed result of the night? Has to be Ted Cruz winning. I mean, Beto sucked hard, and I could never vote for him on principle (abolish ICE, free healthcare for all), but man I would have been tempted with my intense loathing of Ted Cruz. Has their ever been a more smarmy shithead than Ted Cruz? Hard to imagine.

Narrow loss in the House was expected, and will no doubt provide much humor in here. Moar Nancy Pelosi and Maxine Watters? LMFAO! It's going to be fun watching these two party leaders screeching loons.

Picking up seats in the Senate was absolutely Yuge. Two more years to positively affect the courts, continued progress on international trade deals, and a built in check on "blue wave" congressional dims attempts to grab guns, increase taxes, repeal current tax cuts, replace private insurance with single payer, impeach!!11!! impeach !!!11!!!! impeach !!!!111!1!! .... and so on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BDBzgHXf64

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Swaye said:

I-1639 ensures I will never live in Washington again. I would have never moved back there anyway. WA hates freedom.

Question @Swaye what exactly is in 1639 that would prohibit you from moving to Washington?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    edited November 2018
    2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

Question @Swaye what exactly is in 1639 that would prohibit you from moving to Washington?
    A look into his comment history on HCH. I could say that about almost all people here, including myself.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    Ted Cruz sucks so bad but somehow the Irish guy pretending to be Mexican was just as pathetic.

It does crack me up that hondo and his ilk want the guy who can't even beat one of the most loathed guys around to run for president.