Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WASHINGTON 2.0

As much as I hate Dennis and Coker, they were right. It took Pete 3 years to figure out what a contending team should look like and right now we're seeing the outcome of that 3 year lag. When walkons are subbing in to goal line packages, you're fucked. This season is essentially the tail end of "Washington 1.0" under Pete, which was never going to go anywhere significant.

I'm willing to see what 2.0 looks like under Pete with classes we all agree are leveled up and, most importantly, a change of leadership at the QB position. Pete's first iteration of a big time program is dying a sad and necessary death. His real coaching job begins next year.

Comments

• Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    dhdawg said:

I subsrcibe to this ideology. With that said there is still enough talent to win all of our remaining games given the opponents and maybe go to the rose bowl. Depending on the opponent we will probably get exposed again though.

yeah I've been thinking about this too. Right now the winner of tOSU/Michigan will likely go to the CFP and the loser to the Rose Bowl. Both of those teams will plunger us. Would it give us more momentum to go to the Alamo Bowl and get a win than lose another NY6 bowl? Yes, this is a total doog post but I hate the idea of Pete having a 1-4 bowl record with the lone win against Southern Miss in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. FML.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

dhdawg said:

I subsrcibe to this ideology. With that said there is still enough talent to win all of our remaining games given the opponents and maybe go to the rose bowl. Depending on the opponent we will probably get exposed again though.

yeah I've been thinking about this too. Right now the winner of tOSU/Michigan will likely go to the CFP and the loser to the Rose Bowl. Both of those teams will plunger us. Would it give us more momentum to go to the Alamo Bowl and get a win than lose another NY6 bowl? Yes, this is a total doog post I hate the idea of Pete having a 1-4 bowl record with the lone win against Southern Miss in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. FML.
    No. That would mean someone else wins the conference, likely Oregon or USC which would be a disaster for recruiting
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dhdawg said:

yeah I've been thinking about this too. Right now the winner of tOSU/Michigan will likely go to the CFP and the loser to the Rose Bowl. Both of those teams will plunger us. Would it give us more momentum to go to the Alamo Bowl and get a win than lose another NY6 bowl? Yes, this is a total doog post but I hate the idea of Pete having a 1-4 bowl record with the lone win against Southern Miss in the Heart of Dallas Bowl. FML.
    Holy shit, Michigan would not plunger Washington. They will get plungered by Urbs, so you can pencil in Michigan. Good year for the Pac winner to get to the Rose Bowl.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,301
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pete passed the league champ by year three test. Despite the despair and no one wanting to hear it - ITS NOT OVER OR 2018

If he gets a second title in year 5 we certainly are not the type of program that is going to pretend that isn't good enough for us. It will make the maddening losses go down a tad easier

Having to start from scratch in year 5 can be considered a bad thing if we don't FINISH this year. But if you go on the saintly Don James scale Petersen is in the mix

Won the league in 77 year 3. 7-4 year 4. Sun Bowl year 5. Next league titles years 6 and 7

It really doesn't matter because he isn't going anywhere regardless.

Its not GREAT but its not OVER

The recruiting HAS to be great every year. This is a black eye for Washington

Was it over when the Russians bombed Pearl Harbor? We still much alive and need to win the PAC.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,683
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

As much as I hate Dennis and Coker, they were right. It took Pete 3 years to figure out what a contending team should look like and right now we're seeing the outcome of that 3 year lag. When walkons are subbing in to goal line packages, you're fucked. This season is essentially the tail end of "Washington 1.0" under Pete, which was never going to go anywhere significant.

I'm willing to see what 2.0 looks like under Pete with classes we all agree are leveled up and, most importantly, a change of leadership at the QB position. Pete's first iteration of a big time program is dying a sad and necessary death. His real coaching job begins next year.

I can always appreciate, "next year." Have never heard it before.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,946
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I was going to post about this but you hit it perfectly. I'm hoping that we will see a "leveling up" of our starters that reflects our recruiting over the last couple years. As the TSIO guys have pointed out, this is a weird year where we have "the guys who are left" from Pete's first 2 classes. I'd really like to see guys like Tuli, Taki, Kyler, Jack Sirmon, Ariel, Mele, etc. step up and play meaningful roles next year. There may be some growing pains but at least you're giving your "rare humans" some game time and a chance to flash rather than just playing not to lose with guys like Benning, Clark, Beavers, etc.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dhdawg said:

Stop this doog shit. You always take the more important opportunity. Playoffs > Rose Bowel > other NY6 > Alamo or whatever shit. Choosing a lesser bowel to get a win is the definition of participation ribbon culture. Fuck that shit.
    Okay you're right. I apologize for Dooging out, these last few days have been rough.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

I was going to post about this but you hit it perfectly. I'm hoping that we will see a "leveling up" of our starters that reflects our recruiting over the last couple years. As the TSIO guys have pointed out, this is a weird year where we have "the guys who are left" from Pete's first 2 classes. I'd really like to see guys like Tuli, Taki, Kyler, Jack Sirmon, Ariel, Mele, etc. step up and play meaningful roles next year. There may be some growing pains but at least you're giving your "rare humans" some game time and a chance to flash rather than just playing not to lose with guys like Benning, Clark, Beavers, etc.

Hopefully we see Skinny and the offense take some pressure off when we're young again on D.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Michigan doesn't scare me either. That said it's a NY6 bowl so we still lose B1gly.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,826
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Michigan doesnt scare me at all. Pedo State last year was like 4 points from the playoff
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited October 2018

Pete passed the league champ by year three test. Despite the despair and no one wanting to hear it - ITS NOT OVER OR 2018

If he gets a second title in year 5 we certainly are not the type of program that is going to pretend that isn't good enough for us. It will make the maddening losses go down a tad easier

Having to start from scratch in year 5 can be considered a bad thing if we don't FINISH this year. But if you go on the saintly Don James scale Petersen is in the mix

Won the league in 77 year 3. 7-4 year 4. Sun Bowl year 5. Next league titles years 6 and 7

It really doesn't matter because he isn't going anywhere regardless.

Its not GREAT but its not OVER

The recruiting HAS to be great every year. This is a black eye for Washington

Was it over when the Russians Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? We still much alive and need to win the PAC.
    Need to brush up on your Animal House
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Dear Pete,

Win a Rose Bowl and THEN pop off.