Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

WASHINGTON 2.0

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

You know why Mark Helfrich isn't Oregon's coach? It's not just because his soy boy personality made his guys not care. It's not because he was a fucking moron that couldn't find a defensive coordinator he wasn't already friends with. It's because he thought he and his staff were so fucking smart that they didn't need to stoop to the level of kissing HS boy ass.

Steve Greatwood, John Neal, Don Pellum, Lubick, etc were really good position coaches. But they stopped giving a fuck. John Neal got pissed that Pellum was promoted and spent the next two years playing golf while on occasion talking to a recruit. A 4-star CB flipped to warm the bench at Bama because he was butthurt about being ignored. Another 4-star CB that year went to warm Bama's bench because his family felt that it was a better family atmosphere.

You know how John Neal got Ugo Amadi, Oregon's best DB? Amadi was de-committing from LSU right before NSD and asked his coach for the number of some other SEC DC. The coach fucked up and gave him John Neal's number.

Brady Hoke didn't know how to use technology that was invented since he last saw his dick. Forget Twitter, it was amazing he could send an e-mail.

I hate Willie Taggart's shitty motivational quotes, but he did say something about how recruiting is like brushing your teeth. If you forget once or twice it's not the end of the world, but if you completely stop you look like you're from Springfield, Oregon.

Why is Oregon doing so good now? Because Cristoballz knows you need a mix of good position coaches combined with guys who may be shit coaches but can recruit. Does anyone think Donte Williams is a great CB coach? Doesn't fucking matter, kids love that guy. He'll work the phones like Hugh Freeze on his way to Tampa.

Is Cort Dennison a great LB coach? I have no fucking clue, but he got a 4-star LB he's been working on for years and just got a visit from a 4-star 6'4" 260 DE out of Miami that probably didn't even know where Oregon is on a map. If Dennison is good at developing them that's a bonus, but it's much more likely that you'll be able to develop guys with natural ability.

What else is Oregon doing? Look at the Oregon staff. It's twice the size of what it was two years ago. There are five analysts, four S&C coaches, and SEVEN PEOPLE who have some variant of recruiting in their title. That's not including all the "relations" people and the couple of guys that do digital media and social media.

It's sales. No coaching staff in CFB is too good for it. Saban, Swinney, Fisher, Lincoln Riley, Kirby Smart, Urban, they all do it.

Washington should have top-15ish classes every year with a top-10 class once or twice a decade. It's a fine school, with a beautiful stadium, in a big city that produces talent, and with a great coach. There's no excuse. But forget about the playoff with top-25 classes, that's 2-3 loss territory every year unless you get lucky.

Great post. We are going nowhere until Pete takes recruiting more seriously than employing buddies he's comfortable with.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s one thing to think you are doing it right ... then you stand across from Bama and realize that you aren’t good enough

EVERYTHING has changed in recruiting from that moment forward

It could also slightly be due to the fact that Petersen was now recruiting to a conference champ/ play off team rather than a team that hadn't been close to relevant in 15 years.
    Why do you have to ruin the narrative?

There’s something to be said to that but you can see it in certain positions ... we are recruiting bigger WRs and less Chico-sized guys ... you can see it with the general size of our LBs
    I agree with you but this is clearly a case of whynotboth.gif
    Right now Oregon is destroying it in recruiting. I don't love all their players, but they are getting guys they want and they have a top 10 class.

They aren't recruiting to champs.

FUCKING RECRUIT. NO EXCUSES. JFC.

I just don't understand why this bored cannot understand recruiting.

GET FUCKING GOOD ATHLETES THE END. It helps to have advantages, but we have ALWAYS had enough advantages.

It's just our fucking bullshit culture that allows us to finish 25th in recruiting even though EVERY FUCKING YEAR we should be top 15.

In 2016 we finished 4th in the country and TWENTY FUCKING SECOND in recruiting (2017 year).

WHAT THE FUCK GIVES?? Where did Oregon finish last year?

You fuckheads are already making excuses in your mind 'oh, Oregon has XYZ, we do it a different way' - BLAH BLAH fuck you go to dawgman.

IF WE ARE NOT TOP TEN IN RECRUITING FIRE THE COACHES THAT ARE RECRUITING LIKE SHIT.

It's really just that simple.

What advantages does A&M have (they are 2nd currently)?? Being in Texas? Oh - it turns out other people recruit Texas. A&M has been 20th OFTEN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

Why are they doing well now??

BECAUSE JIMBO IS FROM SABAN AND THEY CARE ABOUT RECRUITING.

Right now we are hovering around where...

Mississippi State, Florida, NC State and Stanford are.

Does ANYONE here think Florida doesn't have advantages over us? Does anyone here think that the reason FLA and MSST and NC State are all just where they are based on structural factors you fucking morons?!?!?

FUCKING NO. FUCKING NO. FUCKING NO.

IT'S THE FUCKING COACHES. IT IS SALES YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

Every idiot here kept saying that it was all the head coach and the assistants didn't matter. I *primarily* agree with that. He sets the culture. The players get better. Fine.

Now that we have the right head coach... RECRUIT. FUCKING RECRUIT. NO FUCKING EXCUSES FUCKING RECRUIT.

I'm so sick of this shit I'm losing my mind.

FUCKING RECRUIT. EVERY YEAR. EVERY POSITION. NO EXCUSES.

Also: MANAGE THE ROSTER NUMBERS SO WE DON'T SIGN AS MANY FUCKING WRs AS WE DO OLs.

CHRIST I'M GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    You say we should be top 15 in recruiting but then say to fire coaches if we're not top 10. Which is it? I ask because I want to know what is the acceptable standard. Obviously being top 10 is better but top 15 enough?
    If we're going to bash saying the stupidest fucking things I'M OUT.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited October 2018

You know why Mark Helfrich isn't Oregon's coach? It's not just because his soy boy personality made his guys not care. It's not because he was a fucking moron that couldn't find a defensive coordinator he wasn't already friends with. It's because he thought he and his staff were so fucking smart that they didn't need to stoop to the level of kissing HS boy ass.

[...]

Washington should have top-15ish classes every year with a top-10 class once or twice a decade. It's a fine school, with a beautiful stadium, in a big city that produces talent, and with a great coach. There's no excuse. But forget about the playoff with top-25 classes, that's 2-3 loss territory every year unless you get lucky.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,631
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited October 2018

Mosster47 said:

Does anybody actually think Oregon will win @WSU, @Utah and @Arizona or win out for that matter? We are winning the conference.

Utah and UA will be a breeze. Wazzu is the one.
    Utah will not be a breeze. I guarantee it.
    Utah and UCLA sparked up after losing to the DAWGS. Utah did the north a solid with a beat down at Stanford. As I recall Oregon played Stanford too. Utah has already lost enough games not to win the Pac so they are very dangerous.

Oregon beat the DAWGS so time for a tailspin like Auburn

Better to lose to us? than beat us
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

It’s one thing to think you are doing it right ... then you stand across from Bama and realize that you aren’t good enough

It could also slightly be due to the fact that Petersen was now recruiting to a conference champ/ play off team rather than a team that hadn't been close to relevant in 15 years.

There’s something to be said to that but you can see it in certain positions ... we are recruiting bigger WRs and less Chico-sized guys ... you can see it with the general size of our LBs
    Right now Oregon is destroying it in recruiting. I don't love all their players, but they are getting guys they want and they have a top 10 class.

GET FUCKING GOOD ATHLETES THE END. It helps to have advantages, but we have ALWAYS had enough advantages.

It's just our fucking bullshit culture that allows us to finish 25th in recruiting even though EVERY FUCKING YEAR we should be top 15.

In 2016 we finished 4th in the country and TWENTY FUCKING SECOND in recruiting (2017 year).

You fuckheads are already making excuses in your mind 'oh, Oregon has XYZ, we do it a different way' - BLAH BLAH fuck you go to dawgman.

IF WE ARE NOT TOP TEN IN RECRUITING FIRE THE COACHES THAT ARE RECRUITING LIKE SHIT.

What advantages does A&M have (they are 2nd currently)?? Being in Texas? Oh - it turns out other people recruit Texas. A&M has been 20th OFTEN YOU FUCKING IDIOTS.

Does ANYONE here think Florida doesn't have advantages over us? Does anyone here think that the reason FLA and MSST and NC State are all just where they are based on structural factors you fucking morons?!?!?

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

Every idiot here kept saying that it was all the head coach and the assistants didn't matter. I *primarily* agree with that. He sets the culture. The players get better. Fine.

Now that we have the right head coach... RECRUIT. FUCKING RECRUIT. NO FUCKING EXCUSES FUCKING RECRUIT.

Also: MANAGE THE ROSTER NUMBERS SO WE DON'T SIGN AS MANY FUCKING WRs AS WE DO OLs.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    When Oregon closes with Thibs, Drake Jackson, Ingraham, Pola-Gates, and maybe Ford that better be the shot across the bow for Peterman. It already looks like DJ U is a lock and Smalls and Gee Scott are glued to the program also for 2020.

The Doogs are on the verge of needing Oregon to turn the ball over three or four times to have a chance in three year's time.

Feld is a goofy bastard, but he is a tremendous S&C coach and he isn't leaving. When facilities are what makes your job good or bad you don't leave Oregon.

I keep thinking in the back of my mind that Mario might not be a good game manager, but it doesn't really matter. If he has better players than everyone else that lift a ton and bash the fuck out of people with minimal penalties the scoreboard takes care of itself.

I truly do hope the rivalry is competitive for the long haul. That was an awesome game on Saturday win or lose. The boat races of the last 20 years had gotten super boring.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Oregon had a few SEC transfer shout outs on Sat. Good for them. Plugs holes while you recruit your base.

Will never happen at UW.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,782
    edited October 2018
    Tequilla said:

Bleenor once said he didn't count Sark's first three years because he didn't have Wilcox. He was mocked for it. This is kind of similar.

We're going to compete for the PAC 12 title every year under Pete. You get playoff appearances by winning the conference. Some years will be better than others.

You can’t get to the playoffs without winning your conference ...

If we win out at 11-2 losing 2 road games by 8 points that’s far from a terrible year ... particularly if you believe this is as rough as our roster looks going forward
    UW has progressed from collapsing versus Alabama and losing 26-7, to choking away two close games in 2018 by failing to execute when in position to do so. A loss is a loss, but doogs have to love the progress. Get Excited! The Gap is Closing!
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    UW is not a Fast Strategy program and Pete is not a Fast Strategy coach. Oregon has Fast Strategy flash and bling. UW doesn't. And no recruit GAF about "the Greatest Setting in All of College Football" which makes Peterman sound 100 years old every time he says it.

Or something like that.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

NOC

You do though sweetie. If we go on another long run you'll be in diapers by the time it ends.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

FUCKING RECRUIT.
    UW is not a Fast Strategy program and Pete is not a Fast Strategy coach. Oregon has Fast Strategy flash and bling. UW doesn't. And no recruit GAF about "the Greatest Setting in All of College Football" which makes Peterman sound 100 years old every time he says it.

Or something like that.
    If you listen to Cristo's pressers and know him a little, I don't think fast strategy is exactly right.

But I could be wrong.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Mosster47 said:

NOC

You do though sweetie. If we go on another long run you'll be in diapers by the time it ends.
    Race has been in diapers since the last Great War.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288

Tequilla said:

Bleenor once said he didn't count Sark's first three years because he didn't have Wilcox. He was mocked for it. This is kind of similar.

We're going to compete for the PAC 12 title every year under Pete. You get playoff appearances by winning the conference. Some years will be better than others.

If we win out at 11-2 losing 2 road games by 8 points that’s far from a terrible year ... particularly if you believe this is as rough as our roster looks going forward
    UW has progressed from collapsing versus Alabama and losing 26-7, to choking away two close games in 2018 by failing to execute when in position to do so. A loss is a loss, but doogs have to love the progress. Get Excited! The Gap is Closing!
    Look on the bright side, you were able to keep pace with Bama lite. However if Herbert had been on his game, the score wouldn't have been as close as it was.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

Look on the bright side, you were able to keep pace with Bama lite. However if Herbert had been on his game, the score wouldn't have been as close as it was.
    Im hearing if Herbert plays the Ducks roll. Wide right.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Tequilla said:

If, if, if.

The team that chokes away the win is supposed to say that. Not the beneficiary of the choke.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

FUCKING RECRUIT.

Or something like that.
    If you listen to Cristo's pressers and know him a little, I don't think fast strategy is exactly right.

But I could be wrong.
    As DDY said on the pod, UO wants it soooooo bad! That's why they'll dress up in gay Peter Pan costumes! It shows they do anything - even dress like total faggots - to win.
  • Options
    edited October 2018

Tequilla said:

If, if, if.

The team that chokes away the win is supposed to say that. Not the beneficiary of the choke.
    Please. We made just as many mistakes, including an even worse field goal attempt. You benefited from that choke job and were put in the position of getting a game winning FG attempt instead of an attempt to tie the game.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

FUCKING RECRUIT.

Or something like that.

But I could be wrong.
    As DDY said on the pod, UO wants it soooooo bad! That's why they'll dress up in gay Peter Pan costumes! It shows they do anything - even dress like total faggots - to win.
    I'm ok if we wear hot pink all year with daisy duck helmets as long as we continue to win.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

RECRUIT OR FUCKING DIE.

We have the coach.

FUCKING RECRUIT.

Or something like that.

But I could be wrong.
    I'm ok if we wear hot pink all year with daisy duck helmets as long as we continue to win.
    The kids love em