Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Collins and Manchin plan to vote YES

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    This thread has aids. Holy fuck.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

SFGbob said:

The bottom line is what I've laid it out to be. Just because a liberal white person takes a black person to task for (1) their political ideology or (2) their performance does not make them racist.

The strawman's asshole just got fucked. I didn't say that a white liberal simply taking a black person to task for the political ideology made them a racist. For such a well educated guy you sure love to fuck a lot of strawman ass.

What I said was calling someone an "Uncle Tom" or an "Oreo" or a "sell-out" because you disagree with their politics and because you don't think blacks should hold certain political views lest they render themselves "inauthentic" and not "real" black people makes you a racist.

And your claim about people calling Conservative blacks "Uncle Tom" as a way to just say they aren't on my team would be fucking laughable if the statement hadn't been made by such a smart and well educated person such as yourself.

Which one of us wrote this?

Thomas is plenty bright enough. Read his opinions. That's a knock the left hit with and it became a lazy way for people to criticize him. It's also a fairly thinly veiled way for liberals to express their racism for Conservative blacks.

Translation from Bodbleed: When someone of a liberal persuasion says Thomas isn't bright, it's racism. Why? Because any time a liberal finds fault with a black conservative it's racism.

Your thought process asshole, not mine. There is literally no way for you to have this both ways.

The guy who screams "don't call me racist" takes a 180 degree different tack when a black guy who meets with his approval is criticized for performance or politics.

You don't have to like it and I don't have to like it. One person can question another person's allegiances on grounds that implicate race and it does not follow that the person doing the questioning is a racist. They may be. But it doesn't follow that they are. And for a guy who is as touchy about that word as you are, you ought to be able to grasp this.

Webster (since you like the textualists):

racism noun
    rac·ism | \ ˈrā-ˌsi-zəm also -ˌshi- \
    Definition of racism
    1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
    2a : a doctrine or political program based on the assumption of racism and designed to execute its principles
    b : a political or social system founded on racism
    3 : racial prejudice or discrimination

If Team A believes that Team B doesn't represent Bob's interests, and Team A tells Bob he's a fool for aligning himself with Team B, it does not mean that Team A believes that Bob is genetically inferior to the members of Team A. Team A is telling Bob he's making a mistake. If the history of people like Bob is pretty severe and loaded, it might be more personal than that, but that's what it's about. Teams. Politics. Power. Whatever.

What it ain't is racism.
    I believe I “screamed” don’t call me racist, by saying I don’t give a fuck if you call me racist.

When someone of a liberal persuasion, who usually isn’t very bright themselves, says Thomas isn’t very bright, and they have absolutely no substantive argument in support of that claim and are just regurgitating something they have heard other liberal dipshits repeat, or they cite the fact he doesn’t ask questions during oral arguments then yes, I do think Thomas skin color has a lot to do with it.

I never claimed that anytime a liberal finds fault with a black conservative it’s racism. Straight up strawman ass fuck and pretty damn hilarious coming from the guy who’s party called damn near any and all criticism of Obama racist.

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

What "team" should blacks be on Coug?

You really are not following along.

Or can't read.

For your benefit, I wrote at least 3x that whether you, or I or Jesus Christ agrees with the sentiment is not the point.

But, of course, that flew over your head because you're a dumb fuck.
    Your problem is that I am reading what you say. I'm not saying that you think blacks should be on a certain "team" but you are running cover for people who do use the term "Uncle Tom" by claiming they are just saying, "hey you're on the wrong team." The mere fact that anyone thinks that blacks should be on a certain team, reveals how stupid your excusing the use of the term really is.

But since you do believe that it's an innocuous term and that it simply means, "hey, you're on the wrong team" what "team" do you think blacks should be on? Since you claim to be able to speak for all people who use that term and know what they are really thinking and mean when they use the term, I figured you'd be able to give me some insight into what "team" they believe blacks should be on.
    Happy to use another word, if Uncle Tom is racists in and of itself.

The point stands: a liberal calling a black person's politics into question because he or she, rightly or wrongly, think that those politics are not in the best interest of black people, is not a racist.

They are a critic.

Can liberals, white or black, not criticize black people? Or just not their politics? How about their performance on the SCOTUS?

You see, Bob, your problem is that I am reading what you actually write. You said critiques of Thomas on the SCOTUS is thinly veiled liberal racism. It's right there in the post. Go read it.
    Really? You’re just reading what I wrote? Quote where I said liberals can’t criticize black conservatives you lying piece of shit.
    If you’re claiming that blacks shouldn’t hold certain political views and if they do they aren’t really “real” blacks then you’re not a critic, you’re a racist piece of crap.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter
    Time! Fucking Bastante!
  • SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    2001400ex said:

This thread has aids. Holy fuck.

Title tho is solid. 👍

Went to newish hipster bar tonight. 6 couples: 5 obese women with 5 skinny, geeky guys, all with neatly groomed facial hair. (I'm thinking disguises for plausible deniability, perhaps?) The other couple was in their late 60's or 70's, were in shape and dressed pretty well for their age. I predicted this new normal of Seattle becoming a City of Fat Bitches and skinny wimpy men about 5 years ago, and we're more than there. They've fucking taken over this shitstain of a town.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

Went to newish hipster bar tonight. 6 couples: 5 obese women with 5 skinny, geeky guys, all with neatly groomed facial hair. (I'm thinking disguises for plausible deniability, perhaps?) The other couple was in their late 60's or 70's, were in shape and dressed pretty well for their age. I predicted this new normal of Seattle becoming a City of Fat Bitches and skinny wimpy men about 5 years ago, and we're more than there. They've fucking taken over this shitstain of a town.

Nothing looks more pathetic then a skinny little bitchass with some fat hoe.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

You’ve just described half the young enlisted and their depedopotamus wives.
    USMChawk said:

I don't know what that is, but I laffed heartily upon reading it.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852

USMChawk said:

I don't know what that is, but I laffed heartily upon reading it.
    http://nextgenmilspouse.com/is-there-truth-behind-the-dependapotamus-myth/
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

I think racism is overused and inappropriately used, perhaps, when tribalism would more properly describe certain forms of group behavior.

FREE MOTHERFUCKIN' PUB
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    USMChawk said:

This, sadly, is true.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    edited October 2018
    Sledog said:

It's going to be funny when you die before she does.
    Props to Pitchfork51 for this:
    Dependapotamus: Traditionally a service-members dependent who is a “stay at home mom” that doesn’t do a damn thing all day besides sitting on the couch looking remarkably similar to jabba the hut leaching off of military benefits and eating anything that gets too close.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,096 Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Sledog said:

Could be but your brain death has beaten us both.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Sledog said:

Could be but your brain death has beaten us both.
    Jesus.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited October 2018
    SFGbob said:

If you’re claiming that blacks shouldn’t hold certain political views and if they do they aren’t really “real” blacks then you’re not a critic, you’re a racist piece of crap.

Just because I'm in a charitable mood, that ^^, right up there, is a straw man. Not what I wrote; the fabricated, nonsensical, made-up rhetorical shit that you wrote. HTH

Good news is that you're making progress: you're able to construct a straw man, and thus getting closer to not completely embarrassing yourself.