Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Collins and Manchin plan to vote YES

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,955
    edited October 2018
    SFGbob said:

Besides, that is a right-wing corruption of the concept. Nobody is saying, "hey, you're black, and so you don't get to have as many political views as whitey." Don't be absurd.

Yeah, that's why every prominent Conservative black gets hit with that same charge. But hey, you know what they really mean when the say it right Coug? This guy was just saying, "Hey Clarence, you're not on my team."

https://telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10142515/White-politician-calls-Clarence-Thomas-an-Uncle-Thomas.html

This is what makes you such an unadulterated moron. You just can't fucking give an inch in even the most obvious of circumstances, which is the hallmark of the stupid man.

If all you're going to do here is move the goalposts and cry, "I didn't realize you speak for everybody and know what everybody means when they say ...." then save everyone the time and just hang yourself now.

Every single thing ever said by one person can be said by another person with different motives. I'd have thought that falls into the category of "no shit." But not for you HondoTrump.

The bottom line is what I've laid it out to be. Just because a liberal white person takes a black person to task for (1) their political ideology or (2) their performance does not make them racist.

People like you sit around and wait on pins and needles for people to call you racist so you can freak the fuck out and have a panic attack when they do.

Hypocrisy much?

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,477 Founders Club
    Just on the wrong team

Just on the wrong team

That's racism. That's different.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Besides, that is a right-wing corruption of the concept. Nobody is saying, "hey, you're black, and so you don't get to have as many political views as whitey." Don't be absurd.

Yeah, that's why every prominent Conservative black gets hit with that same charge. But hey, you know what they really mean when the say it right Coug? This guy was just saying, "Hey Clarence, you're not on my team."

https://telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10142515/White-politician-calls-Clarence-Thomas-an-Uncle-Thomas.html

This is what makes you such an unadulterated moron. You just can't fucking give an inch in even the most obvious of circumstances, which is the hallmark of the stupid man.

If all you're going to do here is move the goalposts and cry, "I didn't realize you speak for everybody and know what everybody means when they say ...." then save everyone the time and just hang yourself now.

Every single thing ever said by one person can be said by another person with different motives. I'd have thought that falls into the category of "no shit." But not for you HondoTrump.

The bottom line is what I've laid it out to be. Just because a liberal white person takes a black person to task for (1) their political ideology or (2) their performance does not make them racist.

People like you sit around and wait on pins and needles for people to call you racist so you can freak the fuck out and have a panic attack when they do.

Hypocrisy much?

Well that became a bloodbath rather quickly.

SFGbob said:

Hypocrisy much?

It does indeed if the reason is because the person is Black and therefore should not have those views

That's pretty fucking obvious

SFGbob said:

Hypocrisy much?

It does indeed if the reason is because the person is Black and therefore should not have those views

That's pretty fucking obvious
    No. You're not reading strong.

That's not racism. That's a battle cry manufactured by the recruiting wing of the conservative party.

"Don't let them tell you that you can't vote Republican! That's racist!"

Bull shit.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Come watch Bob struggle in every thread.
    If you supported Trump's wall as we like to call it and I said that you can't because you're Mexican that's racist. If I say you can't because we can't afford it or the other reasons people give me as a white man it isn't racist

Anything judged on the basis of race is racist.

Just on the wrong team

And why did the liberal Americans, we'll leave the Palis out of this, feel they could be so blatantly racist to Condi? Because of her political views not matching the preconceived notion of how Blacks should think or act

If you supported Trump's wall as we like to call it and I said that you can't because you're Mexican that's racist. If I say you can't because we can't afford it or the other reasons people give me as a white man it isn't racist

If you said it because you thought it as against my interests as a Mexican, no, not racist.

If you said it because you mean to limit what I think and do because I'm somehow less important than other people who are smart enough to be free to think as they like, then sure, that's racist.

The latter is pretty uncommon if we're being honest. The tone of Uncle Tom, usually, is "Fuck dude. You're really on the wrong team." And, the actual Uncle Toms, from which the term is derived, were on the wrong fucking team.

Today, that term has lost its meaning a bit. So, today, telling a black guy he shouldn't be conservative is of course very different than telling a house slave that he shouldn't side with the plantation boss.

But though it has lost the purity of application from the time of its origin, it is hardly racist.

It may not be good, but it's not racist.
    The gavel dropped and the case was closed. Your tortured logic is inadmissible

The left doesn't get to change the meaning of racism to fit their agenda.

It's basic shaming of minorities to try to get them in the herd and it's bullshit

Just on the wrong team

And why did the liberal Americans, we'll leave the Palis out of this, feel they could be so blatantly racist to Condi? Because of her political views not matching the preconceived notion of how Blacks should think or act
    Same answer.

Politics are dirty; nobody is clean here.

But if the idea is rooted in, "great, you're with them," I might call it short-sighted, but I wouldn't call it racist.

If, on the other hand, I meant in the sense that she isn't smart enough to think for herself, which no clear thinking person would ever say about Condi, then yes, racism.

I don't think most people who took her to task were being racist. They were being political. Those are not the same.

Let's put it this way: Bob's intentional use of stereotypical terminology and assumption of the worst from every conceivable angle in the Trayvon Martin thread is a helluva lot more racist than me taking Thomas to task having his heart broken at being rejected by the establishment.

I'm sorry man. My feet are taped to the pedals on this one.

It's very hard (hard) for people on the right to be so touchy about the 'racism' label and then call liberals racist for criticizing team choice by a black or brown person. Not saying the latter is right; don't twist. Just not necessarily, or even usually, racist.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,876 Standard Supporter

If you said it because you thought it as against my interests as a Mexican, no, not racist.

If you said it because you mean to limit what I think and do because I'm somehow less important than other people who are smart enough to be free to think as they like, then sure, that's racist.

The latter is pretty uncommon if we're being honest. The tone of Uncle Tom, usually, is "Fuck dude. You're really on the wrong team." And, the actual Uncle Toms, from which the term is derived, were on the wrong fucking team.

Today, that term has lost its meaning a bit. So, today, telling a black guy he shouldn't be conservative is of course very different than telling a house slave that he shouldn't side with the plantation boss.

But though it has lost the purity of application from the time of its origin, it is hardly racist.

I think this is the essential message of the #WalkAway movement, applicable to blacks & whites alike.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

SFGbob said:

Hypocrisy much?

Lots of word just to say you were talking out your ass.

I don't agree with that. Racism, for me, has at least an implied negative.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942

The gavel dropped and the case was closed. Your tortured logic is inadmissible

The left doesn't get to change the meaning of racism to fit their agenda.

It's basic shaming of minorities to try to get them in the herd and it's bullshit

Come on Race, when white libs claim that black Conservatives aren't "real" black people, and that's what calling a black man an Uncle Tom really means, they're not being racist, they're just saying, "hey, you're not on my team."
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,529 Standard Supporter

If you actually read the book, Uncle Tom DIDN'T do what the massa said and that's what got him killed. He was almost Christ-like.

OK -I kinda lied - I didn't read the book but vividly remember the Classics Illustrated comic version from when I was a kid.

The characterization has been severely morphed over the years.

If you actually read the book, Uncle Tom DIDN'T do what the massa said and that's what got him killed. He was almost Christ-like.

OK -I kinda lied - I didn't read the book but vividly remember the Classics Illustrated comic version from when I was a kid.

The characterization has been severely morphed over the years.

I like you better when you stick to debauchery. That's your sweet spot (not like that).