Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

My Cut on Kavanaugh

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited October 2018
    I don't agree with everything in the OP, but I have always liked Creeps style. I do concede one point - I would hated Kavs when I was in my early 20s. I would have seen his entire archtype as lame silver spoon douchebaggery.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228
    Swaye said:

I don't agree with everything in the OP, but I have always liked Creeps style. I do concede one point - I would hated Kavs when I was in my early 20s. I would have seen his entire archtype as lame silver spoon douchebaggery.

You wouldn't have been wrong, either.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,512 Founders Club
    That's kind of the point. The democrats found someone more unlikable than the unlikable Cav.

No one likes a clumsy smear campaign led by an entire group of unlikable people. All those fucks went to the same schools and had all the same breaks and then split up into teams and set about fucking the rest of us

The party that railed on Tailgunner Joe has become him

Wave a fucking letter by dumb cunt Senator and hope for the best

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,853
    Swaye said:

That's assuming what he said was true

Which of course it was a bunch of bullshit. He may have been a pretty cool dude for all we know.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,966
    edited October 2018

Swaye said:

That's assuming what he said was true

Which of course it was a bunch of bullshit. He may have been a pretty cool dude for all we know.

Frat boy alert.

The guy mentioned he went to Yale 50 times, and then actually said out loud that it was the #1 ranked law school, and then said he got there w/o any connections, which is pure bullshit.

The guy had fratty nicknames for all his friends, and the one thing he's being called out on by seemingly everyone there is that he was a heavy drinker who typically wandered into obnoxiousness when doing so. Nothing wrong with that, but I know that type very well. I'm related to 50 of them.

The part about him that really made him recognizable to me was the 'try hard' athlete. The guy who thought he was athletic because he went to a prep school where the athletic competition isn't typically what it is elsewhere, and was remembered as an intense 'effort' guy but otherwise not very good. Terrible movie, but the Matt Damon character in School Ties sums this guy up, except Kavy was actually a good student in high school.

Look, it's no big deal. I knew a lot of guys like him, and worse. But if you don't see 'douchebag' written all over Young Kavy's forehead, I can't help you.

That's kind of the point. The democrats found someone more unlikable than the unlikable Cav.

No one likes a clumsy smear campaign led by an entire group of unlikable people. All those fucks went to the same schools and had all the same breaks and then split up into teams and set about fucking the rest of us

The party that railed on Tailgunner Joe has become him

Wave a fucking letter by dumb cunt Senator and hope for the best

I don't disagree with that at all.

Look, you have to remember that I honestly don't have that Bob and Sled and Hondo need to run everything that happens back to justifying one party or the other. I know my politics and I don't really give a shit what anyone here thinks about it. I'm not trying to recruit anybody. I like to think of myself in the camp of @dflea , @Swaye , @HoustonHusky , @TurdBuffer , @Pitchfork51, @CuntWaffle and about a dozen or so other posters who can have competing political, philosophical, economic and social thoughts, understanding that the world isn't black and white and that subtlety matters and context matters, and that it's intellectually important to acknowledge shit even when it's not convenient to one's overall views. Even @oregonblitzkrieg can concede an intellectual point once in a while (when he's not being dramatic), and he's fucking crazy. I used to count you firmly in that camp, but you've become a little hacky lately with your Troompy attitude. Come back!

If Kavy had been a Democrat nominee and the Republicans were running a sham to keep him off the SCOTUS, my interests in the original post would not be any different. I just find it interesting for observation's sake. I have never seen a SCOTUS nominee take that approach, but we are also operating in a political paradigm shift, and an entirely new US demographic has been accounted for in every political maneuver. It's just chintresting to me. That is all. Don't twist.
  • SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,944
    You know nothing about my politics Coug and I hold plenty of positions that don't make me a doctrinaire Republican.
    Swaye said:

We homies homey.

And, we have the tie that binds: we both hate whitey!

And, incidentally, we have both been duped by feminina whitey, who is the true white devil. These are not our people, as I've come to know.

You still have a chance. Remember the words of Spirit Horse.
    SFGbob said:

You know nothing about my politics Coug and I hold plenty of positions that don't make me a doctrinaire Republican.

Sure.

That's a bit stupid, even for you, since you bleed your politics all over this board like you've never heard of Kotex. Christ, own something and quit being such a dodgy little pussy. At least Hondo knows what he is and doesn't try and be clever about it.

Make no mistake you humorless paperhanging errand boy: you are the Hondo of the right ... a clockworkschill sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. @pawz has for some reason not come after you like he did Hondo, but you are the exact same thing, just on the other end of the rainbow. At least @Sledog has a sense of humor and isn't quite as manic about the mission as you are. If you had a competing thought in your head it would explode.

Fuck off. I know everything about your politics. You are as transparent as a glass door, and you are an intellectual coward.

SFGbob said:

Sure.

That's a bit stupid, even for you, since you bleed your politics all over this board like you've never heard of Kotex. Christ, own something and quit being such a dodgy little pussy. At least Hondo knows what he is and doesn't try and be clever about it.

Make no mistake you humorless paperhanging errand boy: you are the Hondo of the right ... a clockworkschill sent by grocery clerks to collect a bill. @pawz has for some reason not come after you like he did Hondo, but you are the exact same thing, just on the other end of the rainbow. At least @Sledog has a sense of humor and isn't quite as manic about the mission as you are. If you had a competing thought in your head it would explode.

Fuck off. I know everything about your politics. You are as transparent as a glass door, and you are an intellectual coward.
    Disagree
    I never claimed I didn't have an ideology my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend, I just refuted your claim that I'm some sort of lockstep Republican.

I await your two thousand word rambling response.

Humorless? I laugh my ass off over your pompous jackass act.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    edited October 2018

SFGbob said:

Sure.

Disagree
    Disagree back.
    SFGbob said:

I never claimed I didn't have an ideology my strawman ass fucking Kunt of a friend, I just refuted your claim that I'm some sort of lockstep Republican.

I await your two thousand word rambling response.

Humorless? I laugh my ass off over your pompous jackass act.

I didn't claim you didn't claim to have an ideology. Keep up with your own posts dummy. And you refuted absolutely nothing, because you are in fact a lockstep right wing banana. Your recognition of a cogent counterpoint is about is accurate as your overuse of the term 'strawman', which you basically pull out of your ass anytime anyone challenges you.

Yes, humorless is the perfect word. You play the board's Strelnikov to a T: 24 hours a day, somberly and humorlessly surfing the Tug, searching for even the slightest hint of assertion or observation that could possibly be interpreted against the party's interests. When you find it, you spring into action, assuming the pedantic role of the man who must correct and restate everything to line up with the party line. I don't think I've seen one post from you ever where the words, 'yeah, that's true' or any form of concession are to be found.

So, fuck off.
    What a fucking blowhard. You claimed I was some sort of lock step Republican. You pulled that claimly square out of your ass.

And yes, attacking positions I don't have and claims I've never made is straight up strawman ass raping.

Now get to work on that 2,000 word response Kunt.
    SFGbob said:

What a fucking blowhard. You claimed I was some sort of lock step Republican. You pulled that claimly square out of your ass.

And yes, attacking positions I don't have and claims I've never made is straight up strawman ass raping.

What a hard headed dumb fuck.

Yes, I did claim that ... in the immediately preceding post. And? You are, and I didn't have to pull it out of anywhere. Your posts speak for themselves. You wouldn't know a competing thought if it was shoved up the cavernous hole between your legs.

Now, get to a text book and learn how to use 'straw man', because you're fucking it up.

And fuck off you humorless pussy errand boy.

SFGbob said:

Sure.

Disagree
    I may not care. I'm thinking about it.

SFGbob said:

Sure.

Disagree
    Disagree

SFGbob said:

Sure.

Disagree
    Disagree
    Still thinking.

SFGbob said:

What a hard headed dumb fuck.

Yes, I did claim that ... in the immediately preceding post. And? You are, and I didn't have to pull it out of anywhere. Your posts speak for themselves. You wouldn't know a competing thought if it was shoved up the cavernous hole between your legs.

Now, get to a text book and learn how to use 'straw man', because you're fucking it up.

And fuck off you humorless pussy errand boy.

Straw man

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent.

For someone who brags about their superior education and intellect you sure come off as an ignorant blow hard.