Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

It appears the tax cuts aren't paying for themselves

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

If you really want to do something that will keep people from living in poverty in America today, you'd encourage people to get married before they have kids and then after they are married stay married.

Assuming this is a valid solution to poverty (it's not) how do you implement your freedom loving strategy?
    First of all tell me why it's not a valid solution to deal with poverty? Take a look at the numbers.

If want to ensure that people in America today don't end up living in poverty you would encourage them to do 4 simple things.

1) Don't drop out of high school.

2) Don't have kids until you're married and once you get married stay married.

3) Get a job, any fucking job and keep it and do not quit that job until you've lined up a better or equal job.

4) Don't abuse drugs and don't abuse alcohol.

Do all of these things and the odds that either you or your kids will be living in poverty are extremely fucking low.
    Even better solution. Fund sex-ed and birth control and you don't have to worry about forcing trashy parents to stay get and stay married.
    You really believe the out of wedlock birth rate has something to do with the lack of Sex-ed and birth control? How was it that we were able to have such low out of wedlock birth rates prior to the 1960s when there was very little access to birth control and no sex ed?
    Maybe because women married at 14 and were told to stay in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant.
    Another claimed pulled straight out of your ass.
    Poast more links to the Washington examiner.
    Are you claiming that the quote and the number provided from the Examiner wasn't accurate or are you just engaging in the standard Kunt act you preform here Hondo?
    Yes. That number is not accurate. Read the thread again.
  • Options
    RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,244
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

A government program has to be the absolute worst way to try and eliminate poverty.

If you really want to do something that will keep people from living in poverty in America today, you'd encourage people to get married before they have kids and then after they are married stay married.

Poverty in America today is almost solely a function of personal behavior and most social programs act as vehicles that keep people in poverty.

Instead of government intervention in welfare. You want government intervention in marriage and family values. To have all of America align their values with yours. Makes sense.

El oh El.
    Who do you pretend the strawman is when you fuck it in the ass Hondo?

I would like society as a whole to place as much stigma on having children out of wedlock as they do on say smoking or using the the phrase "that's so gay." I didn't say anything about government intervention my strawman ass fucking Kunt of friend.
    More homoerotic talk. You need a good pegging and a cigarette to calm down.
    Fuck off faggot
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Assuming this is a valid solution to poverty (it's not) how do you implement your freedom loving strategy?
    First of all tell me why it's not a valid solution to deal with poverty? Take a look at the numbers.

If want to ensure that people in America today don't end up living in poverty you would encourage them to do 4 simple things.

3) Get a job, any fucking job and keep it and do not quit that job until you've lined up a better or equal job.

Do all of these things and the odds that either you or your kids will be living in poverty are extremely fucking low.
    Even better solution. Fund sex-ed and birth control and you don't have to worry about forcing trashy parents to stay get and stay married.
    You really believe the out of wedlock birth rate has something to do with the lack of Sex-ed and birth control? How was it that we were able to have such low out of wedlock birth rates prior to the 1960s when there was very little access to birth control and no sex ed?
    Maybe because women married at 14 and were told to stay in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant.
    Another claimed pulled straight out of your ass.
    Poast more links to the Washington examiner.
    Are you claiming that the quote and the number provided from the Examiner wasn't accurate or are you just engaging in the standard Kunt act you preform here Hondo?
    Yes. That number is not accurate. Read the thread again.
    Actually the $500 Million figure was accurate and I never claimed that was supposed to be what it would cost for each year going forward. You're a liar a dumbfuck Hondo.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

A government program has to be the absolute worst way to try and eliminate poverty.

Poverty in America today is almost solely a function of personal behavior and most social programs act as vehicles that keep people in poverty.

Instead of government intervention in welfare. You want government intervention in marriage and family values. To have all of America align their values with yours. Makes sense.

El oh El.
    Who do you pretend the strawman is when you fuck it in the ass Hondo?

I would like society as a whole to place as much stigma on having children out of wedlock as they do on say smoking or using the the phrase "that's so gay." I didn't say anything about government intervention my strawman ass fucking Kunt of friend.
    More homoerotic talk. You need a good pegging and a cigarette to calm down.
    Fuck off faggot
    lulz
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

1, 3, 5 are all valid ways to stay out of poverty. Agreed. But you only made point 2 in the post to which I replied. I'm sensing a little bit of a moving target.

For 2, you might as well say: don't have kids. Period. The little bloodsuckers are a drain on a wallet, married or not.

I don't doubt that there's a high number of poor, unwed mothers out here. Causation or correlation?!

But you haven't answered my question. How do you do this "encouragement" you want to do?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Why do you assume it takes the government to teach people that if they are responsible they won't be living in poverty? It doesn't
    Why are you quoting me in your point when SFGbob is the one looking for someone to encourage people to live a certain way, and I'm just axing him how he proposes to do that?
  • Options
    Squirt said:

SFGbob said:

Squirt said:

Gonna need @Swaye to weigh in on @SFGbob's make-everyone-get-married platform.

Not what I said either. I just said that you were really serious about reducing poverty you'd strongly encourage people to get married before having kids. There was a very valid reason why that social stigma existed and it wasn't all about people being puritanical prudes.
    I know. I was just trying to have a laugh.
    Bob just needs more tim to get his HH reads down.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,406
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Why do you assume it takes the government to teach people that if they are responsible they won't be living in poverty? It doesn't
    Why are you quoting me in your point when SFGbob is the one looking for someone to encourage people to live a certain way, and I'm just axing him how he proposes to do that?
    Answer the question
  • Options

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Answer the question
    No. Invalid question. Axe a better question and you might get an answer.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,258
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

I see nothing wrong with this model.
    We mustn't judge your Injun ways.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Answer the question
    See?
  • Options

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Answer the question
    See?
    Knocked you out of the debate. Now let's see what Bob has to offer in ideas to encourage people to live a certain way. Bob's way?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

1, 3, 5 are all valid ways to stay out of poverty. Agreed. But you only made point 2 in the post to which I replied. I'm sensing a little bit of a moving target.

For 2, you might as well say: don't have kids. Period. The little bloodsuckers are a drain on a wallet, married or not.

I don't doubt that there's a high number of poor, unwed mothers out here. Causation or correlation?!

But you haven't answered my question. How do you do this "encouragement" you want to do?
    Actually I did. How do we encourage people to stop smoking? If I were to go have a beer after work and light up a cig at the bar I'd have five people in my face telling me to put it out. There is a social stigma against smoking and engaging in that behavior is greatly discouraged by society. We should do the same with out of wedlock births. The stigma against out of wedlock births existed for a reason. Do you have kids? Do you encourage them to have kids without getting married?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Answer the question
    See?
    Knocked you out of the debate. Now let's see what Bob has to offer in ideas to encourage people to live a certain way. Bob's way?
    You just replied with a bunch of nonsense to my answer in another post.

You have nothing other than the government has to do it if there is something done.

How do you motivate anyone to do anything? Its hardly a big secret.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Actually I did. How do we encourage people to stop smoking? If I were to go have a beer after work and light up a cig at the bar I'd have five people in my face telling me to put it out. There is a social stigma against smoking and engaging in that behavior is greatly discouraged by society. We should do the same with out of wedlock births. The stigma against out of wedlock births existed for a reason. Do you have kids? Do you encourage them to have kids without getting married?
    You can't smoke in a bar because of government intervention. Go to a tribal casino, you see a social stigma there?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, the target wasn't moving and if you only did the one about getting married before having kids you'd still reduce the odds of you and your kids living in poverty. But that list of actions has been part of my pet issues for 25 years.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Another way that you could discourage out of wedlock births is to stop subsidizing them.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Another way that you could discourage out of wedlock births is to stop subsidizing them.

You still don't have an answer how to promote marriage and out of wedlock births without government intervention.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

El oh El.
    Answer the question
    See?
    You just replied with a bunch of nonsense to my answer in another post.

You have nothing other than the government has to do it if there is something done.

How do you motivate anyone to do anything? Its hardly a big secret.
    Please produce the proof about your second sentence and I'll leave HH forever.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

You still don't have an answer how to promote marriage and out of wedlock births without government intervention.
    Let me guess, you're "trolling" me with your stupidity again.