Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Class of 2019 Projections

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,959
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Flames.

What kind of recruit would come to this dumpster fire?
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    AEB said:

Flames.

What kind of recruit would come to this dumpster fire?

The defensive guys that want to play for the best defense in the conference and the offensive guys that are interested in early playing time.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mama always said don’t count your chickens before they hatch, but I sure like the look of these eggs

• Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Domicillo said:

Ruth just put out here where things stand for the remaining recruits, their interest level, visits/plan for future visits, and probabilities with her own 81%.

I’m not gonna share everything cause it’s a lot of fluff, but I’ll just kinda tier things based how she sees it at the moment and her listed percentages. Take it all with a large anthill’s worth of salt.

Faatui Tuitele - 100%
    Daniel Heimuli - 98%

Bru McCoy - 70% (I don’t see how she feels so strongly right now but he is still trying to take another unofficial to UW, now for the oregon st. game, so okay...)
    Laiatu Latu - 70% (says he may even end up taking an unofficial to UW before his scheduled OV on dec. 15th: this one is moving quickly in UWs direction and his family is very communicative with uw coaches atm)
    Stephon Wright - 60% (she thinks UW has great shot by having his last visit but he is definitely feeling ASU a lot right now)

Kyle Ford - 50% (she feels the Oregon visit may have them leading right now. Saying it could be a situation where Bru’s decision in early signing period ends up dictating kyle’s options since Kyle is waiting until January to decide)
    Trent McDuffie - 50% (all gonna depend on what happens with Stanford, which is crazy btw cause he still hasn’t even submitted his application yet but wants to sign in dec.)

Also of note, there is a secret DB potentially being setup for a dec OV, he’s currently committed elsewhere so Ruth’s not gonna share who it is. If McDuffie doesn’t jump in or someone decides to wipe his Twitter of UW stuff again...*cough* Asa *cough*, I imagine they push hard to lock this secret guy up.

Bradley Archer - 40% (current cal commit, may still visit UW but nothing set yet)
    Henry To’oto’o - 40% (says he really likes UW, but is probably gonna end up at Bama, we all know what that means)

Sean Ryhan, Siaki Ika, Isaiah Foskey & Drake Jackson all major longshots, she didn’t bother giving percentages.

I’d be extremely stoked if we managed to get those first 5 listed and then our 4th DB. I’m skeptical that’s feasible, but there’s a path for a big nov-dec close and a lot of momentum to start rolling in the next few weeks. I think what happens at USC over the next month, as well as our performance rest of pac12 season will be huge factors to how this all plays out.

That would be one hell of a class. The secret DB is Isaiah Rutherford. Win the Pac-12 and we probably land at least 5 of those guys.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Domicillo said:

Ruth just put out here where things stand for the remaining recruits, their interest level, visits/plan for future visits, and probabilities with her own 81%.

I’m not gonna share everything cause it’s a lot of fluff, but I’ll just kinda tier things based how she sees it at the moment and her listed percentages. Take it all with a large anthill’s worth of salt.

Faatui Tuitele - 100%
    Daniel Heimuli - 98%

Bru McCoy - 70% (I don’t see how she feels so strongly right now but he is still trying to take another unofficial to UW, now for the oregon st. game, so okay...)
    Laiatu Latu - 70% (says he may even end up taking an unofficial to UW before his scheduled OV on dec. 15th: this one is moving quickly in UWs direction and his family is very communicative with uw coaches atm)
    Stephon Wright - 60% (she thinks UW has great shot by having his last visit but he is definitely feeling ASU a lot right now)

Kyle Ford - 50% (she feels the Oregon visit may have them leading right now. Saying it could be a situation where Bru’s decision in early signing period ends up dictating kyle’s options since Kyle is waiting until January to decide)
    Trent McDuffie - 50% (all gonna depend on what happens with Stanford, which is crazy btw cause he still hasn’t even submitted his application yet but wants to sign in dec.)

Also of note, there is a secret DB potentially being setup for a dec OV, he’s currently committed elsewhere so Ruth’s not gonna share who it is. If McDuffie doesn’t jump in or someone decides to wipe his Twitter of UW stuff again...*cough* Asa *cough*, I imagine they push hard to lock this secret guy up.

Bradley Archer - 40% (current cal commit, may still visit UW but nothing set yet)
    Henry To’oto’o - 40% (says he really likes UW, but is probably gonna end up at Bama, we all know what that means)

Sean Ryhan, Siaki Ika, Isaiah Foskey & Drake Jackson all major longshots, she didn’t bother giving percentages.

I’d be extremely stoked if we managed to get those first 5 listed and then our 4th DB. I’m skeptical that’s feasible, but there’s a path for a big nov-dec close and a lot of momentum to start rolling in the next few weeks. I think what happens at USC over the next month, as well as our performance rest of pac12 season will be huge factors to how this all plays out.

That would be one hell of a class. The secret DB is Isaiah Rutherford. Win the Pac-12 and we probably land at least 5 of those guys.
    Naw fuck that, get then regardless. We need croots
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,901
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited November 2018
    Eklund put in a prediction this morning that UW finishes with

Tuitele
    Ford
    Wright
    Latu
    McMillen

Also predicts Totoo to Bama, Ika to Ducks, Rhyann to UCLA, McDuffie to Stanford, Bru to USC, Foskey to ND

Edit: Also Humeili. Sorry
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Eklund also claims we don’t have room for Rhyan. 🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    DeepDawgDeepDawg Member Posts: 544
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Tuitele
    Ford
    Wright
    Latu
    McMillen

Also predicts Totoo to Bama, Ika to Ducks, Rhyann to UCLA, McDuffie to Stanford, Bru to USC, Foskey to ND

No Heimuli??
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Tuitele
    Ford
    Wright
    Latu
    McMillen

Doesn’t matter what he thinks but I’d take that.

Whiffing on Heimuli and not taking another CB would be weird though.
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I can see Pete offering McMillen only at the very last second before early signing so that no other coaches have a chance to get to him.
  • Options

DeepDawg said:

Tuitele
    Ford
    Wright
    Latu
    McMillen

No Heimuli??
    Sorry. Forgot about him. Yes. He predicts him to UW
    I’d definitely take those six.

Too bad it’s not happening.
  • Options

Daniel Heimuli

Faatui Tuitele

Stephon Wright

Laiatu Latu

Sean Rhyan

Bru McCoy

Kyle Ford

Doog it Up!

3 for 7 aint bad.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Daniel Heimuli

Faatui Tuitele

Stephon Wright

Laiatu Latu

Sean Rhyan

Bru McCoy

Kyle Ford

Doog it Up!

3 for 7 aint bad.
    Yeah, considering the body catches
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I'm expecting a class of at 24-25 at this point, with at least one more DB guaranteed, one more ILB highly likely, one more DL likely, and everything else up in the air based on who they can get in the boat.

Remaining targets (guys I think we would take a commit from right now):

5 stars
    McCoy - WR, OLB
    Ford - WR

4 stars
    Rhyan - OL (in position to be a 247 5 star)
    Heimuli - MLB
    McDuffie - DB
    Latu - OLB
    Foskey - OLB
    Ika - DL
    Vimahi - OL
    To'oto'o - MLB

Possible targets (fallbacks or guys they could be recruiting that we're not sure of)
    Wright - DL (4 star)
    Steele - DB (4 star)
    Chase - DB (4 star)
    Kejuan Markham - DB (247 4 star, composite 3 star)
    McMillian - DB (3 star)
    Archer - TE (3 star)
    LPJ - DB (3 star)
    Javin Wright (3 star)

Guys I think we add:
    Heimuli (high confidence)
    Wright (guessing Ika doesn't want us and we take him)
    McDuffie (getting nervous since we haven't heard any buzz since his visit, he's been silent on twitter as well outside of liking Calvert's commitment tweet and Hutson's SC decommitment tweet, which says he's been on twitter just hasn't had anything to say. OTOH, In Jimmy Lake I Trust!)

Guys I think aren't coming here:
    Ika - Hasn't ever seemed that into us. Ikaika's a machine but this one seems unlikely.
    To'oto'o - Tosh'oto'o
    Foskey - Expanding your list after visiting UW screams "I haven't found the place I want to be".
    McCoy - lol
    Ford - ditto

Guys I have no idea on so we may HASWTKs:
    Vimahi
    Rhyan
    Steele
    Latu

Guys who would jump at a committable offer:
    Chase
    LPJ
    Wright
    McMillian

With 5-6 spots to play with, the big recruiting weekends in December to come, then the Poly Bowel, then the chance to Bruce Wayne in on high value targets after the early signing period like we did with Irving and Tuli last year and I'd be disappointed if we don't add at least 4 more 4 stars to the mix. 4 gets you to 15 247 4 stars and 13 composite. That's a great class. And then there's the outside shot at Bandes getting a 5 star, adding Rhyan and him adding a 5th star, or getting either of the 5 star receivers.

DoogItUp.gif

Guys I think we add:
    Heimuli (high confidence)
    Wright (guessing Ika doesn't want us and we take him)
    McDuffie (getting nervous since we haven't heard any buzz since his visit, he's been silent on twitter as well outside of liking Calvert's commitment tweet and Hutson's SC decommitment tweet, which says he's been on twitter just hasn't had anything to say. OTOH, In Jimmy Lake I Trust!)

Look good on Heimuli and McDuffie. Looks bad on Wright.

Guys I think aren't coming here:
    Ika - Hasn't ever seemed that into us. Ikaika's a machine but this one seems unlikely.
    To'oto'o - Tosh'oto'o
    Foskey - Expanding your list after visiting UW screams "I haven't found the place I want to be".
    McCoy - lol
    Ford - ditto

Ika, Foskey, McCoy - never got close on any of them
    Ford - still probably not coming here but YoureTellingMeTheresAChance.gif
    To'oto'o - biggest wild card left in the class

Guys I have no idea on so we may HASWTKs:
    Vimahi
    Rhyan
    Steele
    Latu
    Latu looks chinteresting, the rest never materialized

Guys who would jump at a committable offer:
    Chase
    LPJ
    Wright
    McMillian
    To this point we still haven't pursued any of these guys.

Patterson and Drake came out of nowhere. Otherwise things have gone fairly close to script, with the whiff on Wright and potentially getting back in on TootToot.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Daniel Heimuli

Faatui Tuitele

Stephon Wright

Laiatu Latu

Sean Rhyan

Bru McCoy

Kyle Ford

Doog it Up!

3 for 7 aint bad.
    Oh come off it mate. That projection was made weeks ago. Your projection comes a week before signing day. Not a fair comparison.
  • Options

Daniel Heimuli

Faatui Tuitele

Stephon Wright

Laiatu Latu

Sean Rhyan

Bru McCoy

Kyle Ford

Doog it Up!

3 for 7 aint bad.
    Oh come off it mate. That projection was made weeks ago. Your projection comes a week before signing day. Not a fair comparison.
    I know I'm just fucking with you man.