Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Class of 2019 Projections

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

This is cool. But, why don't we all just agree to scrap this composite bullshit? ESPN is terrible and distorts the rankings too much. Just list the 247 scores, and while not perfect, it is better than including the faggots at ESPN who fuck it all up completely.

I would, it's just that the composite is the basis for Bud Elliott's foundational research on the whole "need blue chips on at least half your roster to win the title".

If we're tracking how we rate on his metric then we have to use the composite. If we're using the metric of our choosing then we're basically acknowledging the ratio is BS because it's based on a flawed premise anyway and we can stop worrying about it.

I'm good either way. Personally I much prefer the 247 ratings but obviously they like our? guys better so duh.
    I can justify why you can use 247 rankings while still using Bud Elliott's metric that was founded on using composite by writing a huge @Tequilla special of "I was told there would be no maff." or you can just believe me.

TLDR version is that there's "noise" in a specific subset of the data which applies to certain regions/teams(us?) which are themselves outliers and therefore don't have much impact on the correlation value of the overall population/metric. This is not an unusual adjustment for a subset of data that has a measurement error for a population with an established correlation.

TTLDR Statisticians dump outliers and adjust measurements all the tim. It's cul.

Swaye said:

This is cool. But, why don't we all just agree to scrap this composite bullshit? ESPN is terrible and distorts the rankings too much. Just list the 247 scores, and while not perfect, it is better than including the faggots at ESPN who fuck it all up completely.

I would, it's just that the composite is the basis for Bud Elliott's foundational research on the whole "need blue chips on at least half your roster to win the title".

If we're tracking how we rate on his metric then we have to use the composite. If we're using the metric of our choosing then we're basically acknowledging the ratio is BS because it's based on a flawed premise anyway and we can stop worrying about it.

I'm good either way. Personally I much prefer the 247 ratings but obviously they like our? guys better so duh.
    I can justify why you can use 247 rankings while still using Bud Elliott's metric that was founded on using composite by writing a huge @Tequilla special of "I was told there would be no maff." or you can just believe me.

TLDR version is that there's "noise" in a specific subset of the data which applies to certain regions/teams(us?) which are themselves outliers and therefore don't have much impact on the correlation value of the overall population/metric. This is not an unusual adjustment for a subset of data that has a measurement error for a population with an established correlation.

TTLDR Statisticians dump outliers and adjust measurements all the tim. It's cul.
    Engrish motherfucker!!!!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

UW will finish with:

Daniel Heimuli: UW lean

Faatui Tuitele: UW lean

Stephon Wright: UW lean IMO

Isaiah Foskey: UW vs Notre Dame, Notre Dame has yet to beat us for a guy so why should I think this time will be different?

Sean Rhyan: USC's O-line is trash. They're one of the worst rushing teams in the country. If Helton isn't fired, their O-line coach definitely will be. Where else is he going to go if O-line player development at USC sucks? Huff is probably the coolest O-line coach recruiting him and probably has the best relationship with him.

Bru McCoy: USC coaching sucks, he and his dad love UW and Coach Pete.

Kyle Ford: USC coaching sucks. He has a bunch of homies on the team at UW already. Would fit right in and knows he'll get developed here.

and maybe Drew Fowler or the 3* BTE who hasn't been offered yet if they have room.

Doog it Up!

We currently have 18 commits (excluding Ford) and your list gets us to 26 if we pull everybody ... also need to keep in mind Jordon Lolohea returning from his mission as well which adds 1 more

That big of a class is doable provided we have roster space as we took 20 in last year’s class and with some of these guys being early enrollees they can be counted backwards.

Then the question is the counting math of of how do you get to 85 ...
    I listed seven guys which would be a full class of 25. Fowler, McMillan, etc, could be grey shirt candidates or simply passed on if this best case scenario plays out. I don't really care about the numbers. Big boy programs take 25 guys every cycle and figure it out later.
    Totally flawed ...

You have to fit the numbers into the context of what THIS program does as Pete doesn’t pull scholarships ... that’s a huge part of his package to recruits

I’m fairly confident that we can get in the 24-25 range if we want ...

But we also have holes on our roster that need to be filled ... which means some on your list are likely out
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

UW will finish with:

Isaiah Foskey: UW vs Notre Dame, Notre Dame has yet to beat us for a guy so why should I think this time will be different?

Sean Rhyan: USC's O-line is trash. They're one of the worst rushing teams in the country. If Helton isn't fired, their O-line coach definitely will be. Where else is he going to go if O-line player development at USC sucks? Huff is probably the coolest O-line coach recruiting him and probably has the best relationship with him.

Kyle Ford: USC coaching sucks. He has a bunch of homies on the team at UW already. Would fit right in and knows he'll get developed here.

and maybe Drew Fowler or the 3* BTE who hasn't been offered yet if they have room.

Doog it Up!

We currently have 18 commits (excluding Ford) and your list gets us to 26 if we pull everybody ... also need to keep in mind Jordon Lolohea returning from his mission as well which adds 1 more

That big of a class is doable provided we have roster space as we took 20 in last year’s class and with some of these guys being early enrollees they can be counted backwards.

Then the question is the counting math of of how do you get to 85 ...
    I listed seven guys which would be a full class of 25. Fowler, McMillan, etc, could be grey shirt candidates or simply passed on if this best case scenario plays out. I don't really care about the numbers. Big boy programs take 25 guys every cycle and figure it out later.
    Totally flawed ...

You have to fit the numbers into the context of what THIS program does as Pete doesn’t pull scholarships ... that’s a huge part of his package to recruits

I’m fairly confident that we can get in the 24-25 range if we want ...

But we also have holes on our roster that need to be filled ... which means some on your list are likely out
    He doesn’t pull scholarships, but he’s also not obligated to give a kid a 5th year. Also expect Van Winkle to medically retire if he hasn’t already.

Think it would be tough to take that many though...
  • Options
    guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    guntlove said:

@HillsboroDuck, Ecklund, Section14A, a Q???????

Who the fuck is @DNC?

Is Tuputala definitely playing OLB? For some reason I thought he was being recruited at ILB.

You think we're done at OLB? I was really hoping we could pull either Latu or Foskey.

Heimuli is a super important recruit for this class. Maybe the most important given how shitty our depth & talent is at that position. Really hope we can nail down that kid.

gunt.

ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!1!(!)!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

UW will finish with:

Doog it Up!

Obk level delusional, but if happens I will donate $129 to have obk banned for a week
    Not delusional this time around. If you were one of these elite recruits would you go to USC over UW right now? You'd have to be stupid as fuck right? Their current coaching staff is trash so if you're going to USC you're either going to have a shit coaching staff that can't develop players and can't game plan or a new coaching staff that you didn't sign up for that might also turn out to be shit. UW is in prime position to be a safety net for these elite recruits that would traditionally go to SC but won't because of the instability there.
    Welcome to the past nine years.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

UW will finish with:

Doog it Up!

Obk level delusional, but if happens I will donate $129 to have obk banned for a week
    Not delusional this time around. If you were one of these elite recruits would you go to USC over UW right now? You'd have to be stupid as fuck right? Their current coaching staff is trash so if you're going to USC you're either going to have a shit coaching staff that can't develop players and can't game plan or a new coaching staff that you didn't sign up for that might also turn out to be shit. UW is in prime position to be a safety net for these elite recruits that would traditionally go to SC but won't because of the instability there.
    Welcome to the past nine years.
    Yeah, but its really, really bad this last one.
  • Options
    CrawfishCrawfish Member Posts: 734
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Who the fuck is @DNC?

Is Tuputala definitely playing OLB? For some reason I thought he was being recruited at ILB.

You think we're done at OLB? I was really hoping we could pull either Latu or Foskey.

Heimuli is a super important recruit for this class. Maybe the most important given how shitty our depth & talent is at that position. Really hope we can nail down that kid.

gunt.

@DNC is an institution at HH. He and @Swaye have a relationship that can't be labeled. hth
  • Options
    Crawfish said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Who the fuck is @DNC?

gunt.

@DNC is an institution at HH. He and @Swaye have a relationship that can't be labeled. hth
    Hurtful on behalf @UW_Doog_Bot
  • Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 756
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

First off, Helton is getting unfairly criticized. How can you expect to win with a QB that should be a Sr in high school? If he is winning less than 6 games when JT is a Jr then might, maybe, but people are being completely unfair to that guy. Completely unfair.

To be fair, he’s actually old enough to be a freshman, but he was held back a year. Therefore, Helton deserves a new 10 year deal for being this successful with a QB who is a legitimate retard.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

First off, Helton is getting unfairly criticized. How can you expect to win with a QB that should be a Sr in high school? If he is winning less than 6 games when JT is a Jr then might, maybe, but people are being completely unfair to that guy. Completely unfair.

To be fair, he’s actually old enough to be a freshman, but he was held back a year. Therefore, Helton deserves a new 10 year deal for being this successful with a QB who is a legitimate retard.
    @JacobSirmonDawg, true?!! JT Daniels age isn't a rare thing. Parents of athletes have been holding back their sons for awhile. The only thing that is rare about what Daniels did was skipping his senior year of high school.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Crawfish said:

guntlove said:

guntlove said:

Who the fuck is @DNC?

gunt.

One could say, it dare not speaks its name
  • Options
    @Swaye ya better keep your bitches in check. I got feeling someone going to get butthurt @HillsboroDuck @UW_Doog_Bot @dnc hardy har har
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Literally everyone is going to decommit.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There’s the DDY I know and love, hey man 👋
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

If the mystery decommit is who I’ve heard it is I’m going to laught at you feebs.

Lolololol
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If the mystery decommit is who I’ve heard it is I’m going to laught at you feebs.

Lolololol
    It's EVERYONE.gif
  • Options

Lolololol
    It's EVERYONE.gif
    Except the whites of course
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mystery decommit? 🤣 I’m going to punch both of you in the ovaries if your non-sense wills this one into fruition.
  • Options

Mystery decommit? 🤣 I’m going to punch both of you in the ovaries if your non-sense wills this one into fruition.

Ovaries? We're all men here, good sir (and @Doog_de_Jour, of course).

HardcoreHuskyBathouse.jpg.