Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

whole lot of hot trim to sexually assault without the concern of reprimand there...who could blame him?

Picturing your avatar muttering those words makes this that much better.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

He’s going to Baylor

With Chip and Joana on the sidelines who wouldn’t?

Ohhhhh, sweet Joana.
    Wood smash, unlimited times.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited December 2018
    Ektard actually got a scoop for once. Lewis is officially visiting UW Dec 14th. This pleases me. Hopefully he actually gets on the plane this time instead of committing to Baylor a couple days before his UW visit like he did TCU.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We are clearly trying to recruit receivers like Fried Oreo Bowl-era USM's.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.
    First plays of his hudl, not one clean catch...

second play just look, the ball hits his hands and bounces, then he secures it.

Next play, doesn't reach back and get it with his hands, shoulder catches it.

Next play, arms don't look flexible, after getting the ball it doesn't come down and into his body the way that a guy with 'soft hands' would... his arms go back toward the field.

Next two plays - just overpowers the guy, but not a 'hands' catch either one.

Next play is a swing out - catch is fine, but makes a move in space without having anyone around him - not good. Inefficient use of momentum.

Next play, bread basket catch. Uses his stomach and legs to bolster the catch.

Next play, uses his chest to assist with the catch, doesn't go into his hands smoothly.

2:33 play - I like this catch. First one I think is pretty good... though his arms are just not very fluid. They seem really tight.

Next play, doesn't run through the catch, dives when he could've caught it in stride. Shows some nervousness about the catch process.

Next play, shit throw, bends his whole body to make the catch as if he wants assistance in cradling it.

Next play, uses his chest and forearms to make an over the shoulder catch. Ball moves after he makes contact with it.

Next play, alligator arms a bit.

Next play, bread baskets the catch and his body's demeanor changes when he's about to make the catch. Definitely not fluid.

...I can go on.
    It’s not like they can’t fix it with the correct repetition of catching the ball. Get him on jugs machine and teach him how to be a hands catcher. I think a lot of it has to do with hand strength. Some guys just don’t have the ability but it’s something you can fix. He has the rare height/speed combo which you can’t teach.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    The first page of this thread is a fun read
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

So........still an upgrade from midgets we have right now
  • Options

Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.

Next play, arms don't look flexible, after getting the ball it doesn't come down and into his body the way that a guy with 'soft hands' would... his arms go back toward the field.

Next play is a swing out - catch is fine, but makes a move in space without having anyone around him - not good. Inefficient use of momentum.

Next play, uses his chest to assist with the catch, doesn't go into his hands smoothly.

2:33 play - I like this catch. First one I think is pretty good... though his arms are just not very fluid. They seem really tight.

Next play, doesn't run through the catch, dives when he could've caught it in stride. Shows some nervousness about the catch process.

Next play, shit throw, bends his whole body to make the catch as if he wants assistance in cradling it.

Next play, uses his chest and forearms to make an over the shoulder catch. Ball moves after he makes contact with it.

Next play, bread baskets the catch and his body's demeanor changes when he's about to make the catch. Definitely not fluid.

...I can go on.
    It’s not like they can’t fix it with the correct repetition of catching the ball. Get him on jugs machine and teach him how to be a hands catcher. I think a lot of it has to do with hand strength. Some guys just don’t have the ability but it’s something you can fix. He has the rare height/speed combo which you can’t teach.

You watch Ty Jones slant drop INT?

I agree with you about size and speed but there’s a reason we don’t talk about him like Ngata, Ford, or McCoy.
  • Options

He’s a leveled up version of our midgets. When we miss on the first 193672884947673 WR targets at least we’re going with higher ceilings instead of shit heads which I support.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,396
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

...I can go on.

You watch Ty Jones slant drop INT?

I agree with you about size and speed but there’s a reason we don’t talk about him like Ngata, Ford, or McCoy.
    There is a classic NFL Films clip on Sid Gillman turning to an assistant and saying

"Get him out of there, he has no hands"
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He’s a leveled up version of our midgets. When we miss on the first 193672884947673 WR targets at least we’re going with higher ceilings instead of shit heads which I support.
    We offered this dude pretty early. I could see him being as high as #5 on our bored:

Bru
    Ngata
    Ford
    Davis
    Lewis

He's not one of the five stars but he's not some last minute desperation heave either.

I still don't think we get him but I'd gladly take him.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,928
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

We offered this dude pretty early. I could see him being as high as #5 on our bored:

Bru
    Ngata
    Ford
    Davis
    Lewis

He's not one of the five stars but he's not some last minute desperation heave either.

I still don't think we get him but I'd gladly take him.
    With all due respect to Taj. If you’re targeted below him you’re a JAG. Let us refer to the “can you see him at Bama or Georgia scale”. I get your point and I’ll fucking take him so we don’t have to go even lower but cmon.

Why can we get the number 1 DT in the fucking country but we have to be thankful for Taj Davis? Does anyone else get unreasonably infuriated by this? We fucking outrecruited Bama, Ohio State, Clemson, USC, and Texas But for receivers let’s nust be happy to beat out TCU and UCLA. Fuck this man. It fucking trickles down. If we get Tyler Vaughns and Javon McKinley you think Ford feels he can relate more to them in our offense being top LA talent just like him? Or is he sitting on his couch saying man I can’t wait to be and play like Aaron fuller?

What’s going to happen when we miss ford and try to get Johnny Wilson? He’s not gonna know who the fuck McKinley (Kennedy) Lewis is (see I dont even know his fucking name). But he’ll know everyone at USC and everyone at Oregon and be able to feel comfortable.

Kids are fucking followers.
    DDY worthy rant. Just need more “fucks” and all caps in a few statements.

I share your views on this one.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    He's 6'3 and runs a 4.3 40. This wouldn't be a consolation price and he ain't no JAG.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

He's 6'3 and runs a 4.3 40. This wouldn't be a consolation price and he ain't no JAG.

agreed he is not a jag. We pursued him and Nacua over delgado and pittman. Obviously we would rather get Ford or Ngata. It is a really weird year for recruiting out west in that everyone is shunning USC. Normally Ford would be a lock to SC. Hopefully we capitalize on these situations before SC gets serious about football again.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2018
    USC doesn't start recruiting until the season ends. 5 wins got them about 4 extra weeks of recruiting this year under Helton.