Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.
    First plays of his hudl, not one clean catch...

second play just look, the ball hits his hands and bounces, then he secures it.

Next play, doesn't reach back and get it with his hands, shoulder catches it.

Next play, arms don't look flexible, after getting the ball it doesn't come down and into his body the way that a guy with 'soft hands' would... his arms go back toward the field.

Next two plays - just overpowers the guy, but not a 'hands' catch either one.

Next play is a swing out - catch is fine, but makes a move in space without having anyone around him - not good. Inefficient use of momentum.

Next play, bread basket catch. Uses his stomach and legs to bolster the catch.

Next play, uses his chest to assist with the catch, doesn't go into his hands smoothly.

2:33 play - I like this catch. First one I think is pretty good... though his arms are just not very fluid. They seem really tight.

Next play, doesn't run through the catch, dives when he could've caught it in stride. Shows some nervousness about the catch process.

Next play, shit throw, bends his whole body to make the catch as if he wants assistance in cradling it.

Next play, uses his chest and forearms to make an over the shoulder catch. Ball moves after he makes contact with it.

Next play, alligator arms a bit.

Next play, bread baskets the catch and his body's demeanor changes when he's about to make the catch. Definitely not fluid.

...I can go on.
    A catch is a catch. I trust the coaches.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.

Next play, arms don't look flexible, after getting the ball it doesn't come down and into his body the way that a guy with 'soft hands' would... his arms go back toward the field.

Next play is a swing out - catch is fine, but makes a move in space without having anyone around him - not good. Inefficient use of momentum.

Next play, uses his chest to assist with the catch, doesn't go into his hands smoothly.

2:33 play - I like this catch. First one I think is pretty good... though his arms are just not very fluid. They seem really tight.

Next play, doesn't run through the catch, dives when he could've caught it in stride. Shows some nervousness about the catch process.

Next play, shit throw, bends his whole body to make the catch as if he wants assistance in cradling it.

Next play, uses his chest and forearms to make an over the shoulder catch. Ball moves after he makes contact with it.

Next play, bread baskets the catch and his body's demeanor changes when he's about to make the catch. Definitely not fluid.

...I can go on.
    While wrong, you can teach ball skills, you can’t teach height.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

...I can go on.
    Such fag, J.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Hey Dennis, need your opinion on Ngata's film. Just need clarification on something...
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    animate said:

Hey Dennis, need your opinion on Ngata's film. Just need clarification on something...

Quit trying to kill the man!
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,079
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

animate said:

He's already like 3/8 dead.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Domicillo said:

animate said:

He's already like 3/8 dead.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdf5EXo6I68
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited December 2018

Ballz is developing a sense of humor. There is hope for all of us.

Yeah it appears I was whooshed. Credit where it is due.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

He’s going to Baylor

Gross.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

He’s going to Baylor

Does he know they dont do the rape thing over there anymore?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

...I can go on.
    A trick is a trick, I trust the pimp.

Fucking doog logic... dumbass.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,929
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s going to Baylor

With Chip and Joana on the sidelines who wouldn’t?

Ohhhhh, sweet Joana.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    whole lot of hot trim to sexually assault without the concern of reprimand there...who could blame him?