Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2018

I love this kid. He's 6'3.5 190 and this past month he was timed running a 4.32 and a 4.42 40 . Lubick was present at the camp he ran the 4.32 and that's why UW offered him pretty much on the spot. Texas offered two days later and Nebraska offered two days after them. He also has offers from TCU and Oklahoma State. So that's 5 top 10 coaches who are saying this kid ain't no motherfucking 3-star. He's elite.

Yeah yeah, I'm sure some of you are like "Who gives a fuck, he ain't coming here" but here's the thing...not only did UW cancel Pittman's official visit and replace it with an official visit with Lewis but Lewis recently deleted his Twitter account. Twitter is a key line of communication between recruits and coaches. A recruit only deletes his Twitter if recruiting was the only reason he had it and he no longer needs it because he knows where he wants to go.

Sure, he could have gotten his dream offer from Texas and knows he wants to go there and is just giving UW a charity visit. But I think it's more likely he knows where he wants to go and it's to the school he's officially visiting this weekend with his parents. This would be a huge steal for UW and an impressive pull by Lubick. I'm plopping my dick on the table and calling my shot right now. This kid will be a Dawg. A WR class of Davis, Lewis, and Ngata would rival any other WR class in the nation. All 6'2 to 6'4. All fast. All black.

One of StrongRoofBallz' first takes and one of his first stakes to a player. Bumping because it's coming back around when literally no one was expecting it.

A lot of times you're way too headstrong and like the smell of your own gas way too much, but every now and then you're right on target.

Props on this one, even if it goes no where. When everyone else was saying no chance in hell, you called your shot.
    What? It wasn't close to one of his? first takes. She? was here for a good chunk of last year's class. Hating MJ Ale, wishing we had Chris Warren instead of Gaskin, trying to run off Kalepo...all of those and many more came before this particular doogism on Lewis.

To be fair it wasn't just the shit takes. Ballz defended taking Tafisi and said we were taking him to get the ball rolling with the Polys and fuck if that wasn't spot the fuck on.

But still.

I will say, you're correct. I've been drinking Tom Collins' the last few hours so even while writing StrongRoofBallz I forgot that Strong was previously here as Ballz.

I just looked at his profile and saw it was 4 days after signing up. Oversight on my part.

Edit:

To be fair to me as well, I did say he's headstrong and enjoys the smell of his own farts too much. And only every now and then he's on target. So I mean, I wasn't giving him full praise.

Edit #2:

I think I came on board around the time the original Ballz fagged out.
  • Options
    ToddTurnerLIVESToddTurnerLIVES Member Posts: 438
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

One of StrongRoofBallz' first takes and one of his first stakes to a player. Bumping because it's coming back around when literally no one was expecting it.

A lot of times you're way too headstrong and like the smell of your own gas way too much, but every now and then you're right on target.

Props on this one, even if it goes no where. When everyone else was saying no chance in hell, you called your shot.

A broken clock is right twice a day.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I hope he has some poly in him, maybe we get a woof
  • Options
    PetermanPeterman Member Posts: 675
    5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    I’ll take freak athletes all day err’yday
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Peterman said:

Sort of. Catching the ball is important. Right now I see a kid who is basically a slightly faster, slightly smaller Darrell Daniels.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Peterman said:

Sort of. Catching the ball is important. Right now I see a kid who is basically a slightly faster, slightly smaller Darrell Daniels.
    BTE!
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Never realized this guy was originally from Cali. It was probably mentioned here at some point, but I guess I missed it.

He's not a natural receiver. He's a freak athlete - but he fights the ball, definitely. If he could catch like Kyle Ford he'd be a 5-star.

Went to his senior highlights to see what you were talking about. First play is a one-handed snag away from the body unless my eyes decieve me (it is potato quality).

I don't see any gator-arming either. He's high-pointing and looking in a lot of these. He has some impressive catches, actually.

Are you basing this on old tape, non-highlight tape, or is this something you've been told? If this is based on his senior highlights, I don't see it.

I mean, there are some body-catches, but there are examples where he extends and snags it, too.
    Daniels would have been a first round pick if he had hands. Dude was good blocker and did all the other dirty stuff
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Daniels would have been a first round pick if he had hands. Dude was good blocker and did all the other dirty stuff
    The only TEs drafted in the first round last 5 years were OJ Howard, Evan Engram, David Njoku and Hayden Hurst. Do you think that he would be comparable to those guys if he had hands?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Was he really a good blocker? I don't remember that, but sweet if true.
  • Options

First plays of his hudl, not one clean catch...

second play just look, the ball hits his hands and bounces, then he secures it.

Next play, doesn't reach back and get it with his hands, shoulder catches it.

Next play, arms don't look flexible, after getting the ball it doesn't come down and into his body the way that a guy with 'soft hands' would... his arms go back toward the field.

Next two plays - just overpowers the guy, but not a 'hands' catch either one.

Next play is a swing out - catch is fine, but makes a move in space without having anyone around him - not good. Inefficient use of momentum.

Next play, bread basket catch. Uses his stomach and legs to bolster the catch.

Next play, uses his chest to assist with the catch, doesn't go into his hands smoothly.

2:33 play - I like this catch. First one I think is pretty good... though his arms are just not very fluid. They seem really tight.

Next play, doesn't run through the catch, dives when he could've caught it in stride. Shows some nervousness about the catch process.

Next play, shit throw, bends his whole body to make the catch as if he wants assistance in cradling it.

Next play, uses his chest and forearms to make an over the shoulder catch. Ball moves after he makes contact with it.

Next play, alligator arms a bit.

Next play, bread baskets the catch and his body's demeanor changes when he's about to make the catch. Definitely not fluid.

...I can go on.
  • Options
    Just compare that to Kyle Ford's film (I will commit suicide if I watch Ngata's):

https://www.hudl.com/video/3/9456470/5b7dea0019b042077491956c

Every catch is all hands and transfers down to the body quickly and efficiently without effort, doesn't even look like he notices the catch after he makes it. Lewis is focused on getting the ball in because it takes a lot of effort for him.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    Lubick will get him right lol