Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If Curne had bigger offers at the time, we would've never gotten him. If this kid's smart, hes doing what Mpagi did. Visit UW, talk about how much he loved it, and leverage Texas into giving him a commitable offer when he gets back.

That’s pure conjecture and opinion
    There's a world that could exist
    The problem is that the conclusion is lazy and doesn’t look at the facts as they happened. Instead, the conclusion was biased in a manner to fit an agenda. Curne had big offers come later and never seriously budged. That wasn’t mentioned anywhere and flies in the face of the opinion.

Before you go back and continue referencing comments I made on Lake last December, I heavily caveated that by saying should the class fall on its face it’s a very real set of circumstances to possibly work through. I 100% stand by the comments. Locking him in at the time as DC going forward wasn’t seen as realistic by really anybody and was in fact an aggressive response to turn the narrative on its face.
    That’s pure conjecture and opinion
    Isn't everything on this site?
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited June 2018

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! We couldn't even get him up here on his official visit four fucking days from now! Sooo we said no to Delgado, then said no to Pittman, then lose to SC for Nacua, then lose to fucking TCU for Lewis ALL in a span of three FUCKING weeks! Total shit show. Ngata is going to Clemson and we're gonna end up with Tarik Luckett or some shit Plan-D guy like that. Fire Lubick.

Good thing we offered late. Our offer meant something.
    I was wrong. So very wrong.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!!! We couldn't even get him up here on his official visit four fucking days from now! Sooo we said no to Delgado, then said no to Pittman, then lose to SC for Nacua, then lose to fucking TCU for Lewis ALL in a span of three FUCKING weeks! Total shit show. Ngata is going to Clemson and we're gonna end up with Tarik Luckett or some shit Plan-D guy like that. Fire Lubick.

Not the end of the world assuming we are ngata or bust. We have 6 quality recruits the past two years that are all soph or freshman.
    edited June 2018

Not the end of the world assuming we are ngata or bust. We have 6 quality recruits the past two years that are all soph or freshman.
    I don't care if the kid is from Texas. We shouldn't lose to TCU for anybody! Not at least getting him in for an all expense paid visit this weekend is so weak. UW's campus and environment blow TCU out of the fucking water especially in the Summer. Lubick gambled and came up empty with FOUR WR's on the table. All the young talent we have is unproven. We don't know if any of them will be good or when they will be good. Eason and the QB's after him need weapons and we can't afford gaps in quality recruiting like we suffered with Pease and Strausser. It shouldn't be that fucking difficult to get three stud WR's every year with the head coach we have and the most talented QB room in the fucking country! If Lubick doesn't get Ngata I guarantee you he will be gone in favor of a young, black WR coach.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I don't care if the kid is from Texas. We shouldn't lose to TCU for anybody! Not at least getting him in for an all expense paid visit this weekend is so weak. UW's campus and environment blow TCU out of the fucking water especially in the Summer. Lubick gambled and came up empty with FOUR WR's on the table. All the young talent we have is unproven. We don't know if any of them will be good or when they will be good. Eason and the QB's after him need weapons and we can't afford gaps in quality recruiting like we suffered with Pease and Strausser. It shouldn't be that fucking difficult to get three stud WR's every year with the head coach we have and the most talented QB room in the fucking country! If Lubick doesn't get Ngata I guarantee you he will be gone in favor of a young, black WR coach.
    3 wr's every year is too many on the roster at once. But yes you want to stack classes and our upperclassmen suck. Uw does have a lot to offer but I think you have a very inflated view of how cool Seattle/the campus is vs other colleges.
  • FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Your theory was blown up right quick
    @AtomicDawg Really? TCU looks like a D2 school. There may be other campuses that can compete with UW but TCU isn't one of them.

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I think this is a big year for both Gregory and K with respect to recruiting. BUCK recruiting is a concern and the momentum here isn’t very good at all. For Gregory, can he stack solid classes here as the upper class talent at the position leaves you wanting more.

What I think you will see going into next year as Harris gains more of a foothold is Lake to take more a lead on BUCK recruiting as needed.

This of course assumes that the staff prioritizes BUCKS ... which while they seemingly fan out offers here more than anywhere else the way the position is used in our defense I’m not sure helps us in recruiting the position.

Pretty convinced this is a big part of the issue at this point.

I honestly don't disagree with this.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Being from California the Rose Bowel berf might have some meaning to him.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    He may be gettable ... TCUs class this year has had a lot of ups and downs ...reminds me of the class like 4-5 years ago after all the drug busts
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Shows how much attention I pay to TCU recruiting
  • DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2018
    Tequilla said:

He may be gettable ... TCUs class this year has had a lot of ups and downs ...reminds me of the class like 4-5 years ago after all the drug busts

He decommitted back in October and has been around Texas and Baylor since then. Maybe Lubick is gonna go back to Baylor and actually stay for more than a month this time.

Back in business?