Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kennedy Lewis, 2019 3* WR, Melissa (HS), TX (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

I didn't say he can't catch.

I said he's not a natural at it. Some guys just have great hands and he clearly does not.

If you are 6-4, 195, run 4.4 and have great hands you are Julio Jones. This guy is not.

Every player has weaknesses to their game and if they are just completely elite, I'm sure Bama will be on them. There are just few players that have it ALL.

When Bama is recruiting this guy let me know.

Sure, he's not as natural of a hands catcher as others. I'll give you that.

There are way more elite receivers in the country than Bama has room to take. If Bama wanted him we wouldn't have a chance. We've won nothing. They're a dynasty.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

So one guy has the opinion that he struggles catching the ball and it is now a board fact? Sure I was joking when I said I don't see any drops on his highlight film but what if there really are no drops on his complete game film? If he catches the ball every time who cares how he catches it? I don't think people understand how many NFL WR's catch the ball with their body instead of their hands. It's pretty common and in certain situations the preferred way to catch it. If he had a problem with drops I don't think we'd be recruiting him.

Pure nonsense. I’ve never experience or heard of a WR coach that coaches his guys to catch with their body. I see body catches every weekend, but it’s not the preferred way to ever catch it.
    Sorry but no. Many receivers prefer catching the ball with their body when running routes over the middle when they know they might get popped right after catching. A body catch is easier to hold onto when taking a hit than a hands catch is. This is something Michael Irvin did during his playing days and has talked about. You also have the go or post route catch. Many are taught to catch the ball with their hands reaching above their head but in reality this is a dead give away to the DB that the ball is in the air and it allows them to attack the receivers hands when the ball arrives and punch it loose preventing the catch. Most receivers in the NFL are catching the ball at chest level with their body when running these routes. Guys like Tyler Lockett and Golden Tate come to mind as guys who consistently do this. Terrell Owens is another guy who caught the ball with his body a lot.
    Your eyes are as good as mine grandpa sankey:

I watched him coach receivers that were getting prepared for the draft as part of an NFL network show and he said out of his own mouth that he always preferred catching the ball with his body when running routes over the middle (slants, digs, drags, etc).

So one guy has the opinion that he struggles catching the ball and it is now a board fact? Sure I was joking when I said I don't see any drops on his highlight film but what if there really are no drops on his complete game film? If he catches the ball every time who cares how he catches it? I don't think people understand how many NFL WR's catch the ball with their body instead of their hands. It's pretty common and in certain situations the preferred way to catch it. If he had a problem with drops I don't think we'd be recruiting him.

Pure nonsense. I’ve never experience or heard of a WR coach that coaches his guys to catch with their body. I see body catches every weekend, but it’s not the preferred way to ever catch it.
    Sorry but no. Many receivers prefer catching the ball with their body when running routes over the middle when they know they might get popped right after catching. A body catch is easier to hold onto when taking a hit than a hands catch is. This is something Michael Irvin did during his playing days and has talked about. You also have the go or post route catch. Many are taught to catch the ball with their hands reaching above their head but in reality this is a dead give away to the DB that the ball is in the air and it allows them to attack the receivers hands when the ball arrives and punch it loose preventing the catch. Most receivers in the NFL are catching the ball at chest level with their body when running these routes. Guys like Tyler Lockett and Golden Tate come to mind as guys who consistently do this. Terrell Owens is another guy who caught the ball with his body a lot.
    Thats fine and all but you're on a tangent now. The original idiscusson of Lewis using his body is that he doesn't appear confident in his hands not as some type of conscious strategy he is employing as a high schooler because he is afraid of the 5'8" 170 lb safeties he is going against.
    Not a tangent at all. Using the body to catch is not at all a sign someone is not confident in their hands. NFL receivers do it all the time and are very confident in there catching ability.
    Did you, too, coach at the highest levels of high school football?

Don't argue Cane shit with me boy. It's a losing proposition.

• Options

Your eyes are as good as mine grandpa sankey:

I watched him coach receivers that were getting prepared for the draft as part of an NFL network show and he said out of his own mouth that he always preferred catching the ball with his body when running routes over the middle (slants, digs, drags, etc).

Thats fine and all but you're on a tangent now. The original idiscusson of Lewis using his body is that he doesn't appear confident in his hands not as some type of conscious strategy he is employing as a high schooler because he is afraid of the 5'8" 170 lb safeties he is going against.
    Not a tangent at all. Using the body to catch is not at all a sign someone is not confident in their hands. NFL receivers do it all the time and are very confident in there catching ability.
    Did you, too, coach at the highest levels of high school football?

Don't argue Cane shit with me boy. It's a losing proposition.

You have no argument. Irvin is my source. Straight from his own mouth. You're showing giffs of him catching go routes. As I said, he said he preferred catching routes over the middle with his body as you can see here:

https://youtu.be/60V0aJ_mTSc
  • Options
    Video unavailable. Nice.

Seriously, I don't really care about this entire thread. Just pulling your balls.
  • Options

Video unavailable. Nice.

Seriously, I don't really care about this entire thread. Just pulling your balls.

Yeah that's what I thought boy.
  • Options

Video unavailable. Nice.

Or, you could be an idiot (a natural state for you) and activate me to hassle you for another five weeks.

I must admit that your steadfast adherence to even the smallest item of minutiae in your "arguments" is entertaining and sadly impressive.

You talk about this shit like it's a math formula. And you struggle, mightily, to accept even slightly opposing views, which is almost always a sign of a low IQ.

UW Tacoma or Bothell?
  • Options

Video unavailable. Nice.

Or, you could be an idiot (a natural state for you) and activate me to hassle you for another five weeks.

I must admit that your steadfast adherence to even the smallest item of minutiae in your "arguments" is entertaining and sadly impressive.

You talk about this shit like it's a math formula. And you struggle, mightily, to accept even slightly opposing views, which is almost always a sign of a low IQ.

UW Tacoma or Bothell?
    :D
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2018

TO was great, but the dude dropped a ton of passes. Basically you don’t want to body catch because you want to use your hands for separation. That’s why coaches say shit like, “work back to the ball” and “highest point.”
  • Options

Video unavailable. Nice.

UW Tacoma or Bothell?
    :D
    Like I said: you struggle.
  • Options

TO was great, but the dude dropped a ton of passes. Basically you don’t want to body catch because you want to use your hands for separation. That’s why coaches say shit like, “work back to the ball” and “highest point.”
    But, but, but Michael Irvin!
  • Options

TO and Irvin were first ballot Hall of Famers and both were frequent body catchers. Play makers make plays. Doesn't matter how it looks. Those that can't do, coach.
  • Options

But, but, but Michael Irvin!
    You amuse me.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

TO and Irvin were first ballot Hall of Famers and both were frequent body catchers. Play makers make plays. Doesn't matter how it looks. Those that can't do, coach.
    TO was a third ballot hall of famer actually.
  • Options
    @kh83 Only because the cracker ass media wanted to teach him a lesson in humility. He has the second most receiving yards of all-time. But thank you for correcting me on meaningless semantics.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

@kh83 Only because the cracker ass media wanted to teach him a lesson in humility. He has the second most receiving yards of all-time. But thank you for correcting me on meaningless semantics.

No worries, wont let facts get in the way of a good story again.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    kh83 said:

TO was a third ballot hall of famer actually.
    Doogs hate facts
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

This is literally the biggest reason body catching is an issue, because you are waiting longer to take control of the ball and are giving defenders more time to hit you and separate you from the football without drawing a flag.

This is receiving 101.

And Terrell Owens had terrible hands.