Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sam "Boston Lager" Adams, 4* 2020 RB, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Recruits don’t often come to a school for a position coach. It’s part of it and being a good salesman does help.

The need to care so much about position coaches is baffling. It’s mostly made up bullshit.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

KB’s RBs are fine but let’s not act like we are RB fucking U or something.

Did you know Bama has had 9 RBs drafted in last 9 years?

Ingram
    Richardson
    Lacy
    Yeldon
    Henry
    Drake
    Scarborough
    Jacobs
    Harris

LSU 6 in last 7 including Fournette and Guice.

Nobody is acting like we are RBU. It’s just not a problematic position. If Bama or Saquan Barkley is the standard, then we suck at almost every position. Gaskin was a favorite but he’s behind those guys too.

I simply think Newton is going to be very good. Ahmed has played well the last two games too. Sunday will be a monster too. You guys are too stuck on ratings. Good players are good players and we have them at RB.
    Good rb get positive yards. I know ground breaking take
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ingram
    Richardson
    Lacy
    Yeldon
    Henry
    Drake
    Scarborough
    Jacobs
    Harris

I'd take those Bama backs in a heartbeat at UW.

Its amazing how few have made a big impact in the NFL

Running backs in general are less important but still
  • MelloDawgMelloDawg Member Posts: 6,064

Ingram
    Richardson
    Lacy
    Yeldon
    Henry
    Drake
    Scarborough
    Jacobs
    Harris

I'd take those Bama backs in a heartbeat at UW.

Its amazing how few have made a big impact in the NFL

Running backs in general are less important but still
    I know you're being sarkastic, but those running backs don't have any college eligibility left.
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If I recall the TBSer standard for how good a coach is at recruiting is how well they get their top targets, not how well they coach up the guys they do get. Don't think this thread needs any more aids on that topic.

I'm happy to get Sam Adams.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Ingram
    Richardson
    Lacy
    Yeldon
    Henry
    Drake
    Scarborough
    Jacobs
    Harris

Nobody is acting like we are RBU. It’s just not a problematic position. If Bama or Saquan Barkley is the standard, then we suck at almost every position. Gaskin was a favorite but he’s behind those guys too.

I simply think Newton is going to be very good. Ahmed has played well the last two games too. Sunday will be a monster too. You guys are too stuck on ratings. Good players are good players and we have them at RB.
    Not really. I mean they’re decent college backs, but that’s it. I would hope for better if we aspire to reach the CFP level. We should be signing guys at the Charbonnet, Bijan, Milton level. Instead, what do we have? The 6th best RB in the conference?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ingram
    Richardson
    Lacy
    Yeldon
    Henry
    Drake
    Scarborough
    Jacobs
    Harris

It’s not a problematic position because there are a million guys that can do fine on a good team with good blocking. Great, we have a couple of them. Maybe. We certainly don’t have a stable.

But yes Zeke Elliott, Saquon Barkley, Derrick He Ray, Damien Harris, Travis Etienne are the standard. We are trying to win national championships here not lose to Cal.
    Yes, Ahmed and Newton played a large role in that loss.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

If I recall the TBSer standard for how good a coach is at recruiting is how well they get their top targets, not how well they coach up the guys they do get. Don't think this thread needs any more aids on that topic.

Newton wasn’t the first choice, but he was an early offer. We got him and he’s good.

If he was a 4 or 5 star that was recruited by everyone, this narrative wouldn’t exist or at least would be less of an issue. That’s why it’s stupid. Newton is probably better than a lot of guys you had higher on your wish lists. Spin away.

Get good players and develop them.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2019

Mad_Son said:

Newton wasn’t the first choice, but he was an early offer. We got him and he’s good.

If he was a 4 or 5 star that was recruited by everyone, this narrative wouldn’t exist or at least would be less of an issue. That’s why it’s stupid. Newton is probably better than a lot of guys you had higher on your wish lists. Spin away.

They tend to rated high and are hard to recruit. So having a good recruiter is important to get good players
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Mad_Son said:

There weren't a number of guys higher than Newton on the wish list because there weren't any RBs on the west coast that year.

Newton isn't the problem.

The problem, if there is one, is that Boner consistently doesn't want to go toe to toe with the heavyweights for the best guys. I think it's fair to say he's lazy.

Giving up on Austin Jones when we did was indefensible, especially when he couldn't close Charbonnet.

Running back is a highly overrated position anyway so this is mostly wasted hysteria. But you'd still rather get the best guys, and Boner doesn't appear willing to do what it takes to do that.

He's a good RB coach though, but again, RB coach is a highly overrated position.
    I guess to a degree but at the same time when I see how USC's running backs can change the game with literally ever rock they carry I know that having a top quality running back is incredibly valuable. It's weird to me how USC constantly recruits top running backs and then barely uses them as they make every game plan their QB and young receivers. I'd simply hand off to guys like Carr 30 times a game.
  • OneNippleOneNipple Member Posts: 178
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

I guess to a degree but at the same time when I see how USC's running backs can change the game with literally ever rock they carry I know that having a top quality running back is incredibly valuable. It's weird to me how USC constantly recruits top running backs and then barely uses them as they make every game plan their QB and young receivers. I'd simply hand off to guys like Carr 30 times a game.

Hit Pete up...maybe you can apply or at least drop your knowledge into the suggestion box.