Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Passion said:

This is probably the kiss of death, but if we actually get Puka, Heimuli, and To'oto'o:

• The overall score moves from 249.35 to 266.55
    • Composite ranking moves from #17 to #11
    • Avg ranking moves from 89.83 to 90.42 (90.77 without Horn)
    • Avg ranking moves from #16 to #14 (#10 without Horn)
    Other teams will obviously move up too, but I think it will be close to a Top-10 class based on 247 alone.
    I mentioned before (just my opinion) that 247 and other sites don't weight by position...probably because it's too subjective. But I think our class should be ranked higher because of the strength of our D-line.

For example, 247 would rank three 4-star DLs as the same as three 4-star WRs. But even dipshits like us know that DLs are more important than WRs.

And when factoring in the overall strength of our defensive recruits (and defense wins championships), I think our class is stronger than the rankings indicate.
    I think this is a great point

The reality is that it's really hard to project OL/DL at times from HS to College to the NFL because so much development takes place

But at the WR, RB, etc. positions, it's a lot easier to see that speed is speed, etc.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

This is probably the kiss of death, but if we actually get Puka, Heimuli, and To'oto'o:

Other teams will obviously move up too, but I think it will be close to a Top-10 class based on 247 alone.
    The key number to me is what the average rating is without Horn

The overall score and composite can be manipulated based on the overall numbers in a class ...

But the average ranking really drives and speaks towards the overall quality of the class. And my guess when you look into that detail is that the difference between most above and where UW will end up is not that vast.
    Yep. We'll likely finish 2nd in the pac to Oregon. However, looking at position groups as a whole, I'd only trade commits with Oregon at 2 positions - WR and TE (we have none). If we get Puka, I'd have to think for awhile about that WR trade.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

For fucks sake, with USC being truly out of it (multiple "experts" have said so), then there is no reason for UW to not land this kid. WR coach, WR commits, and oh I don't know, OFFERING 7 MONTHS BEFORE OREGON.

If Oregon lands him after just a month of recruiting him, I'll burn it all down.

53 seconds...

So he's locked in a heated battle with Oregon (7-6 season, no WR coach, 4 WR commits plus maybe Juwan Johnson, offered about 3 weeks ago and immediately jumped to his top 5) and Washington (10-4, WR coach, 1 WR commit, offered last year).

OK!

If USC is out of the picture there is zero excuse to losing Puka. Zero.

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,576
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

For fucks sake, with USC being truly out of it (multiple "experts" have said so), then there is no reason for UW to not land this kid. WR coach, WR commits, and oh I don't know, OFFERING 7 MONTHS BEFORE OREGON.

If Oregon lands him after just a month of recruiting him, I'll burn it all down.

Nuke the stadium from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

I feel the black and white pictures really convey my macabre mood upon the possible blowing of this recruitment.

Finish this kid!

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I am too lazy to sift through 26 pages. What is this kids DDY ranking?
  • Options
    BlastDoorBlastDoor Member Posts: 711
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I am too lazy to sift through 26 pages. What is this kids DDY ranking?

When we didn't have a shot, he sucked and was overrated by 247 (#100 player in the country). When we began to gain some momentum, he became pretty good and properly rated. If he goes to Oregon, WDWHA
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

Tequilla said:

The key number to me is what the average rating is without Horn

The overall score and composite can be manipulated based on the overall numbers in a class ...

But the average ranking really drives and speaks towards the overall quality of the class. And my guess when you look into that detail is that the difference between most above and where UW will end up is not that vast.
    Yep. We'll likely finish 2nd in the pac to Oregon. However, looking at position groups as a whole, I'd only trade commits with Oregon at 2 positions - WR and TE (we have none). If we get Puka, I'd have to think for awhile about that WR trade.
    I’d have to go back and look but I seem to recall a lot of Oregon’s WRs are in the 5’11” range that I’m of the opinion you need to be really special at that size on the national level
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    So uh..... I placed a new nugget in the Wam.....

• Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

I HEAR IT’S GREAT!!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

So he's locked in a heated battle with Oregon (7-6 season, no WR coach, 4 WR commits plus maybe Juwan Johnson, offered about 3 weeks ago and immediately jumped to his top 5) and Washington (10-4, WR coach, 1 WR commit, offered last year).

OK!

If USC is out of the picture there is zero excuse to losing Puka. Zero.

There's probably a lot of zeroes as a reason we lose Puka
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    What the fuck is the Wam?
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

If you have to ask, you can’t afford it.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Baseman said:

A spam free zone where all your dreams come true...if invited...

Had to delete those nudes Backpackie posted of himself but other than that, just a chill shangri la. Kind of an opium den without the monkey
    Best. Description. Ever.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Top shelf work. Super juicy details.

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    "FWIW, Cristobal presser is at 10:45am PT and Puka will decide at 11am PT. Read into that however you may want."

From an Oregon mod.

Also in the same thread from a random poster...

"Well over here we are more positive about Puka - as TOS are saying he's more likely Washington. In fact, Washington seems to be taking a huge number of Oregon's targets this week, not happy about that (if it happens). But over all our class is much better then theirs."