Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Peterman said:

"FWIW, Cristobal presser is at 10:45am PT and Puka will decide at 11am PT. Read into that however you may want."

From an Oregon mod.

Also in the same thread from a random poster...

"Well over here we are more positive about Puka - as TOS are saying he's more likely Washington. In fact, Washington seems to be taking a huge number of Oregon's targets this week, not happy about that (if it happens). But over all our class is much better then theirs."

So I just checked their commit list for the first time. The fact that Sean Dollars is rated .9387 seams absurd. He looks like dog shit.

Also, if Herbert (TE) adds as much "value" to a class as Danny Hammer then there is something seriously wrong with out these rating are done. I know, water is wet
    Not defending Dollars, but his rankings got moved up after the Under Armour and Poly Bowel. Some UA practice week clickbait winners/losers thing mentioned him being one of the fastest guys at the event. I would have preferred a RB who can start on his HS team, but you can't pass on prospects like this when you need depth.

As for the younger Herbert, he is really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play right away with how shitty our TEs were this year. Herbert absolutely eviscerated HS competition on both sides of the ball, and had to do it with the handicap of Michael Johnson Jrs shitty throws.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,811
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Peterman said:

"FWIW, Cristobal presser is at 10:45am PT and Puka will decide at 11am PT. Read into that however you may want."

From an Oregon mod.

"Well over here we are more positive about Puka - as TOS are saying he's more likely Washington. In fact, Washington seems to be taking a huge number of Oregon's targets this week, not happy about that (if it happens). But over all our class is much better then theirs."

So I just checked their commit list for the first time. The fact that Sean Dollars is rated .9387 seams absurd. He looks like dog shit.

Also, if Herbert (TE) adds as much "value" to a class as Danny Hammer then there is something seriously wrong with out these rating are done. I know, water is wet
    Not defending Dollars, but his rankings got moved up after the Under Armour and Poly Bowel. Some UA practice week clickbait winners/losers thing mentioned him being one of the fastest guys at the event. I would have preferred a RB who can start on his HS team, but you can't pass on prospects like this when you need depth.

As for the younger Herbert, he is really good. I wouldn't be surprised to see him play right away with how shitty our TEs were this year. Herbert absolutely eviscerated HS competition on both sides of the ball, and had to do it with the handicap of Michael Johnson Jrs shitty throws.
    Heimuli is like the best LBer on the coast lol
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

Oregon will rank higher

I think Oregon will be ranked higher in Composite and UW will be ranked higher in the 247 rankings. Depending on how tomorrow goes, obviously.

Not sure what #MyDucks have left on the bored but it would have to be next to nothing for us to pass them I'd think. They are five spots ahead of us on the 247 which we could certainly make up if we truly have Heimuli (we do) and hit runner runner with Nacua and TootToot, but if Oregon adds much more at all (even three star level guys) it would probably be enough to stay ahead of us.

I would guess they will be a few spots ahead of us in Composite and 1 or 2 ahead in 247.

But IDGAF. Our class is better. Their advantage is almost entirely WR based. I'd take our class over theirs for sure.
    And their one "advantage" includes their top rated WR commits Pittman and Delgado, both of which wanted to go to UW over Oregon but were passed on.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,727
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Peterman said:

From an Oregon mod.

And he's rated slightly above Herbert. I don't see why comparing them is even worthwhile, when they will play different sides of the ball. Is the point that LBs are worth more than TEs? I'd be inclined to agree, but when you have a handful of LBs and no TEs then that one is just as valuable.

I don't know why we keep needing an Oregon-Washington recruiting dick measuring contest, when they recruited for completely different needs and both wound up with great classes.
    You don't want a dick measuring contest with @StrongArmCobra, bitch.

In other words, you #dontwannaseethasquad.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,518
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sources said:

Peterman said:

From an Oregon mod.

And he's rated slightly above Herbert. I don't see why comparing them is even worthwhile, when they will play different sides of the ball. Is the point that LBs are worth more than TEs? I'd be inclined to agree, but when you have a handful of LBs and no TEs then that one is just as valuable.

I don't know why we keep needing an Oregon-Washington recruiting dick measuring contest, when they recruited for completely different needs and both wound up with great classes.
    You're really undervaluing the off season natty.
    You're right. I should be savoring this.

Because there's a strong chance that I spend next fall wondering how the fuck are the pre-season Heisman's passes are being dropped by eight different 4-star WRs.

I might even DVR the ESPN signing day special for tomorrow. I know it will mostly consist of ESPN fellating Clemson while Bama steps in and bends them over while the rest of SEC watches. But this year we might get a little lazy reach-around or something because of Kayvon and a top-10 finish. At the very least I know they'll be giving USC a juicy hot karl, so that should be entertaining.
    I like the idea of early signing day....but man, I do miss the days where the first Wednesday in February actually had excitement and drama.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

From an Oregon mod.

"Much" better. LOL.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019

Peterman said:

From an Oregon mod.

Word from USC sources is at USC's "elite" camp they did a fastest man competition and Sean Dollars came dead last in his group. He's quick but doesn't have long speed.

Herbert is as basic of a WTE as they come. There's no reason as to why he's rated 4-stars. Most WTE's like him are rated 3-stars. I don't get that one at all.

Oregon's class is very overrated and an embarrassment to sites that do these ratings. It's a top-25 class for sure, but Oregon fan expectations of the impact it will have on Oregon going forward are misguided.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I tried to warn everyone of the impending AIDS of this thread with a timely song with a half-naked woman on the cover. Yore on you're own now.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Peterman said:

From an Oregon mod.

Word from USC sources is at USC's "elite" camp they did a fastest man competition and Sean Dollars came dead last in his group. He's quick but doesn't have long speed.

Herbert is as basic of a WTE as they come. There's no reason as to why he's rated 4-stars. Most WTE's like him are rated 3-stars. I don't get that one at all.

Oregon's class is very overrated and an embarrassment to sites that do these ratings. It's a top-25 class for sure, but Oregon fan expectations of the impact it will have on Oregon going forward are misguided.
    An embarrassment to the sites? The fine people of Rivals and 247 don't know the meaning of that word, they just know how to process your credit card for $10.95.

There's no shortage of 4-star tight ends. Look at some of the ones ranked ahead of Herbert. They're the same thing, 6'6" 230lbs white kids with adult jaws. I have no fucking clue if Herbert is as good of a TE as them. I do know he was dominant as a DE/WR/TE against future gas station attendants in Springfield, is athletic enough to be throwing down alley-oops, and is the younger brother of what is likely a first round draft pick. If you don't think that equals 4-star I don't know what to tell you.

Let's stop giving this thread AIDS, and focus on Puka. I'm 99.9% sure he's going to Washington, but there is always the chance he's dumb and goes to Utah, or his parents experience sudden marital difficulties and he is forced to go to USC.