Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I guess they win the north
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Oregon will rank higher

I think Oregon will be ranked higher in Composite and UW will be ranked higher in the 247 rankings. Depending on how tomorrow goes, obviously.

Not sure what #MyDucks have left on the bored but it would have to be next to nothing for us to pass them I'd think. They are five spots ahead of us on the 247 which we could certainly make up if we truly have Heimuli (we do) and hit runner runner with Nacua and TootToot, but if Oregon adds much more at all (even three star level guys) it would probably be enough to stay ahead of us.

I would guess they will be a few spots ahead of us in Composite and 1 or 2 ahead in 247.

But IDGAF. Our class is better. Their advantage is almost entirely WR based. I'd take our class over theirs for sure.
  • Options
    LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Oregon has a lot of Taggart assistant coach recruiters this year and last year. They hired Cristobal just to hold on to this class that Taggart got the ball rolling on. This year will be very interesting to see what Cristobal can do.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Oregon will rank higher

I think Oregon will be ranked higher in Composite and UW will be ranked higher in the 247 rankings. Depending on how tomorrow goes, obviously.

Not sure what #MyDucks have left on the bored but it would have to be next to nothing for us to pass them I'd think. They are five spots ahead of us on the 247 which we could certainly make up if we truly have Heimuli (we do) and hit runner runner with Nacua and TootToot, but if Oregon adds much more at all (even three star level guys) it would probably be enough to stay ahead of us.

I would guess they will be a few spots ahead of us in Composite and 1 or 2 ahead in 247.

But IDGAF. Our class is better. Their advantage is almost entirely WR based. I'd take our class over theirs for sure.
    Actually agree. As much as we bitch about WR crootin this year, I wouldn't trade our DL haul for their WR haul now or ever. The classes are close, and Oregons is great to be sure, but I prefer our lines, so I prefer ours.
    It's very possible that both classes are better for their respective programs than the others' would be. Oregon absolutely needed WRs so their numbers there make sense. That would have been a disaster for us. I don't think they have enough DT depth to say they wouldn't take our DT class but I could be wrong there.

The classes are fairly similar outside of those two things with minor differences here and there. But I trust our staff to find guys who fit our culture and are likely to stick around more than I trust their staff to do the same. I think our class has less risk than theirs does.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,478
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

I will chin any Top Gun gif ever. Just fyi for when you need to build your chin count.
    I'm going to steal the Red Man's idea for a thread on the Yellow Board