Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Puka Nacua, 2019 4* WR, Orem, UT (Committed)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

There does seem to be a good amount of promising smoke around Puka to UW...

Chat?
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

There does seem to be a good amount of promising smoke around Puka to UW...

Thanks Fleens
  • Options
    SourcesSources Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,808
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Hot off the big dollar, super secret private Utah boreds.

"Hearing Puka Nacua is definitely decommitting..." -- I think this comes from a very solid source.
    "Sounding like it’s down to Utah and Washington. Stay tuned... " -- that's why we pay 10.95
    "I hate to be a downer but he is going to Washington. He has told a number people it’s a bad secret. " -- many poasters echo this
    "I’d definitely view Washington as the favorite, but I know Utah has an angle up their sleeve that could work. I’ll talk more about that, later." --- again, that's why we pay 10.95

Looks like he's yours faggots.

Keep posting info like this outside of the Wam and you'll be sleeping with the fishes.
  • Options
    GaryFromTeenMomGaryFromTeenMom Member Posts: 1,370
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    89ute said:

Hot off the big dollar, super secret private Utah boreds.

"Hearing Puka Nacua is definitely decommitting..." -- I think this comes from a very solid source.
    "Sounding like it’s down to Utah and Washington. Stay tuned... " -- that's why we pay 10.95
    "I hate to be a downer but he is going to Washington. He has told a number people it’s a bad secret. " -- many poasters echo this
    "I’d definitely view Washington as the favorite, but I know Utah has an angle up their sleeve that could work. I’ll talk more about that, later." --- again, that's why we pay 10.95

Looks like he's yours faggots.

Hell yeah, I just celebrated the news by firing off a few knuckle children onto your avatar. Great news!
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Educk's version of Ecklund (who usually thinks everybody is going to Oregon) had an update on Nacua and essentially said " UW did a really good job recruiting him and Oregon doesn't have a WR coach". He also said he'd be shocked if Puka stayed with USC.

Prehm?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Educk's version of Ecklund (who usually thinks everybody is going to Oregon) had an update on Nacua and essentially said " UW did a really good job recruiting him and Oregon doesn't have a WR coach". He also said he'd be shocked if Puka stayed with USC.

Prehm?

Puka Nacua is going to be leaving Eugene this afternoon and will be in a flight all day. Right now, going to be tough for anything in-depth with him. Getting a feel of where things stand is proving to be difficult. Nacua's camp doesn't want much information out there. Washington feels pretty stong about the chances they have with landing him. Oregon felt good about the chances for them going into the visit. Oregon rarely has a recruit who leaves Eugene not impressed by the program and the staff.

Typically in this situation, you go with the school who has the last visit, so that would be Oregon. That being said, with Oregon not having a wide receiver coach and Washington has done a really good job in their recruitment it isn't as clear for me. I'll say this: I would be shocked if Nacua signed with USC. I wouldn't be shocked if he went to Washington or Oregon.

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited February 2019

Prehm?

Puka Nacua is going to be leaving Eugene this afternoon and will be in a flight all day. Right now, going to be tough for anything in-depth with him. Getting a feel of where things stand is proving to be difficult. Nacua's camp doesn't want much information out there. Washington feels pretty stong about the chances they have with landing him. Oregon felt good about the chances for them going into the visit. Oregon rarely has a recruit who leaves Eugene not impressed by the program and the staff.

Typically in this situation, you go with the school who has the last visit, so that would be Oregon. That being said, with Oregon not having a wide receiver coach and Washington has done a really good job in their recruitment it isn't as clear for me. I'll say this: I would be shocked if Nacua signed with USC. I wouldn't be shocked if he went to Washington or Oregon.

@LaMichael_Corleone thoughts?
  • Options
    SonnyShackelfordSonnyShackelford Member Posts: 917
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Prehm?

Absolute nonsense
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,912
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Wiltfong:

Two sources that spent time with Nacua in Eugene feel Oregon is a legit contender to land the touted pass catcher who hauled in 103 passes for 2,336 yards and 26 touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Nacua then shined at the All-American Bowl and Polynesian Bowl, showing against the nation's best he deserves to be in the conversation when talking best high school receiver prospect in the country. 247Sports ranks Nacua No. 8 at the position and No. 48 overall.

Both sources also believe that Oregon's main competition is Washington and not USC. Earlier in the week a source around Washington thought it was the Huskies or the Trojans, but obviously that was prior to the trip to Eugene.

We'll know soon what the prolific pass catcher ultimately decides.

So... 2 Oregon coaches.

Of course they're going to say they are a legit contender
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,948
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Wiltfong:

Two sources that spent time with Nacua in Eugene feel Oregon is a legit contender to land the touted pass catcher who hauled in 103 passes for 2,336 yards and 26 touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 190-pound Nacua then shined at the All-American Bowl and Polynesian Bowl, showing against the nation's best he deserves to be in the conversation when talking best high school receiver prospect in the country. 247Sports ranks Nacua No. 8 at the position and No. 48 overall.

Both sources also believe that Oregon's main competition is Washington and not USC. Earlier in the week a source around Washington thought it was the Huskies or the Trojans, but obviously that was prior to the trip to Eugene.

So... 2 Oregon coaches.

I’d be ok if the end of the world was tomorrow.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

TTJ said:

Wiltfong:

So... 2 Oregon coaches.

Before the 2020/2021 classes are done at UW?

FUCK THAT.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,948
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

TTJ said:

Wiltfong:

So... 2 Oregon coaches.

Before the 2020/2021 classes are done at UW?

FUCK THAT.
    Day after we win a natty? (Off season or regular)
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited February 2019
    I think he's using UCLA and Oregon as hats on the table. If he had just shut it down after his UW visit everybody would know he was going to UW. He ain't that kinda kid. He wants his Signing Day selection to be a surprise. He's enjoying the process. This late in the process he might as well. I think he's a Dawg. Wednesday is gonna be fun.