Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The truth about Pete: He wants to be a team with inferior athletes that outsmarts everyone

Comments

• Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited April 2018
    AIRWOLF said:

Doogles said:

Gladstone said:

live look at our starting WRs

wow Dennis was right, they are white
    Pete, UW finally has a big Whitey on the flanks. Osborne is the missing piece. As Jason Shelly once said 'Just watch me' . Osborne isnt that arrogant so Pup will say it for him. Steel2 and Pup have been waiting for wonder bread for decades. Lambo had a certain all conference honkey in '98 in Chris Juergens.. that guy was special but lasted only one year due to medical issues. His clone is on campus right now.

UW has never had as much WR talent as they have now. Only problem is they dont have a burner. They need a blazer. I think they will struggle at WR this year again getting deep. They'll move the chains but wont stretch the field. Hope someone steps up vertically but ain't holding breath
    Reggie Williams, Charles Frederick, and Paul Arnold on campus at the same time.
    Nope. Rick's other wr's from his infamous 7-wr class couldnt start at central. Oh, shackelford could
    So just like now, except now it is the guys at the top of the depth chart who couldn't cut it at a TUFF Great Northwest Athletic Conference school?
    Most of Pete's WR's will contribute. 16 of neuheisel's 20 didnt
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,466
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

The worst part is that I know Pete is super smart. But I know he has a bias.

He says openly that talent doesn’t exist. That attitude is more important. But we don’t have the horses because he doesn’t take that seriously.

As seriously as he needs to.

GO WATCH THE PSU GAME. We got plungered even though the final score was close.

Pete’s mission is to have a clever idea. We aren’t tough or physical. We are a finesse pussy team. Pete’s goal as a coach is to outsmart teams with inferior athletes.

Until he moves off that to, “I want to run one play and win” we will suck.

And what I mean by suck is this: Sucks means we can kill WSU but don’t belong on the same field with Penn State.

We are K State.

We are a big fish in a small pond.

Our offense is complicated AF, but we suck against good teams.

I love Pete, but until we admit to ourselves that losing out on DJJ and Tre’Shaun we are never going to win a game against a real team.

OUR OFFENSIVE LINE SUCKS.

OUR DEFENSIVE LINE SUCKS.

OUR LINEBACKERS SUCK.

OUR WRS SUCK.

JAKE BROWNING IS OUR QB.

Just think about it.

OK - so I am in process of watching the game a little at a time - first q this is where I think we? looked good

those aren't nice dawgs they look more like nice puppies
    Where was she?! I was too busy brawling in 415
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He says openly that talent doesn’t exist. That attitude is more important. But we don’t have the horses because he doesn’t take that seriously.

Pete’s mission is to have a clever idea. We aren’t tough or physical. We are a finesse pussy team. Pete’s goal as a coach is to outsmart teams with inferior athletes.

And what I mean by suck is this: Sucks means we can kill WSU but don’t belong on the same field with Penn State.

We are K State.

I love Pete, but until we admit to ourselves that losing out on DJJ and Tre’Shaun we are never going to win a game against a real team.

OUR LINEBACKERS SUCK.

OUR WRS SUCK.

JAKE BROWNING IS OUR QB.

Just think about it.

Best part about this is that Thanos is super slow strategy.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,470
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    College football is so much better when you don't follow recruiting. Now more than ever... TSISAYAF
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We are K State.

OUR LINEBACKERS SUCK.

OUR WRS SUCK.

JAKE BROWNING IS OUR QB.

Just think about it.

We are K State.

OUR LINEBACKERS SUCK.

OUR WRS SUCK.

JAKE BROWNING IS OUR QB.

Just think about it.

Classics bored. GIF thread. Belongs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    AIRWOLF said:

I agree with you far more than I don’t and I get your shtick and enjoy it most of the time, but JFC you are pressing. Way too hard.

In light of later events the @Dennis_DeYoung versus @AIRWOLF tete a tete here is quite chinteresting.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    It's not what he wants. It's what he knows how to do.

That's why he never won a game at UW as big as the win at Boise.

He's not a power house coach. He's Boise State coach.

They're different.

The truly great trams have talent. Watch the 30 4 30 about the U. First one. Everyone says it, just in a different way. Jimmy was blunt about it: "we were just so much better than a everyone else."
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

They're different.

The truly great trams have talent. Watch the 30 4 30 about the U. First one. Everyone says it, just in a different way. Jimmy was blunt about it: "we were just so much better than a everyone else."

We had better talent with Pete than we have had since James. I don’t think it’s so black and white. You put Pete at a powerhouse and he’s going to do really well. He can be really picky at Texas or USC and he would build very good programs there.

We are unfortunately a second tier program. He did well for awhile and fizzled out. I think he would be back on top of the conference, but we will never know.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2019
    I have no concern about Pete coaching again. He can go to Oregon

He's going to suck. Just like the rest of the Boise coaches

Small time guys dont work at big time jobs
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,578
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Dirk koetter and Dan Hawkins say fuck you
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dirk koetter and Dan Hawkins say fuck you
    Because I'm right and they know it

At least Dirk found a way to steal from the NFL too
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739

They're different.

We had better talent with Pete than we have had since James. I don’t think it’s so black and white. You put Pete at a powerhouse and he’s going to do really well. He can be really picky at Texas or USC and he would build very good programs there.

We are unfortunately a second tier program. He did well for awhile and fizzled out. I think he would be back on top of the conference, but we will never know.
    We never had the kind of TE involvement in the offense, Pete's Toilet-Bowl worthy offense, or anything near what James had at LB or WR.

I never heard James say "It's Hard," either. How anyone can compare any of Pete's NY6 Bowl teams to James's is laughable.

As others have said, Pete was good with over-achievers, and getting the best from what he had, but you can't build a team with over-achievers. You need studs at the key positions, and 2016 was the only year the team was stacked with bona-fide Pac12 players on both sides of the ball.

Pete deserves a Belotti award for putting the program on a solid footing and for two great recruiting classes in a row, but the in-game coaching comparisons with James are ridiculous. He wasn't even close to James.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,739
    Pete lost the game at Oregon in 2018, btw. Blaming Henry is FS given how shitty that clock management and play-calling was. And I never recall seeing such huge boners from James. Not once.