Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Republicans vs. Democrats: The Presidents

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    For those wondering, I always throw the Black Licorice away. Those are fucking terrible jelly beans.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,946
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Listen here assholes, Top Gun doesn't get made without Reagan as President and I patterned half my life after that movie, with cocaine and booze being the other half. So fuck all ya'll who aren't down with the Gipper.

When I was a little boy growing up in the paradise of San Diego County my home was near Miramar and the F-14s used to fly over with much regularity. I used to dream of being a fighter pilot shooting down Ruskies someday. Then....20/400 vision, 6'6", and bad at Maff.
    Let me tell you the sure fire trick to being a fighter pilot...20/20, under 6'4" so the ejection seat doesn't kill you, not scared of shit, minority. Works like a champ. And I suck at maff... if you can just eek through aerodynamics like I did, you are golden, provided you got big balls and red skin. Viola.
    This thread went off track.

That's ok. I kick out the black jelly beans too. Not for raysissm and shit. I just don't like them.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club

Swaye said:

The Official YellowSnow POTUS Top 10

1) Lincoln
    2) Worshtington
    3) Teddy
    4) FDR
    5) Jefferson
    6) Adams
    7) Jackson
    8) Reagan
    9) Truman
    10) LBJ

Great list. Except Jackson. Racist.
    You at least must respect the bad ass motherfucker. The top two were racists as well by virtue of slave ownership. But props to Jefferson for banging that little tart Sally Hemings.

Gold Coast slave ship bound for cotton fields
    Sold in the market down in New Orleans
    Scarred old slaver knows he's doin' all right
    Hear him whip the women just around midnight
    Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
    Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should
    Drums beatin' cold, English blood runs hot
    Lady of the house wonderin' when it's gonna stop
    House boy knows that he's doin' all right
    You should have heard him just around midnight
    Brown Sugar, how come you taste so good
    Brown Sugar, just like a young girl should
    You know what's funny, is that as great as Brown Sugar was it's not even anywhere near the best song in rock and pop on the evils of slavery. That award goes to "Sail Away" by Randy Newman.

In America you'll get food to eat
    Won't have to run through the jungle
    And scuff up your feet
    You'll just sing about Jesus and drink wine all day
    It's great to be an American

Ain't no lions or tigers ain't no mamba snake
    Just the sweet watermelon and the buckwheat cake
    Everybody is as happy as a man can be
    Climb aboard little wog sail away with me

Sail away sail away
    We will cross the mighty ocean into Charleston Bay
    Sail away-sail away

In America every man is free
    To take care of his home and his family
    You'll be as happy as a monkey in a monkey tree
    You're all gonna be an American

Sail away sail away
    Sail away-sail away
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    By the way, any of you fellas that don't have LBJ in your top 10 you need to go watch the HBO film "All the Way" with LBJ played by Heisenberg. Fucking outstanding performance and will give you a great appreciation for LBJ in spite of some bad policy decisions.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Swaye said:

For those wondering, I always throw the Black Licorice away. Those are fucking terrible jelly beans.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Agreed

Black licorice reminds me of Ouzo, which reminds me of throwing up on the bartender at the Greek Cuisina's upstairs bar, which led to me being tossed out (literally) down the stairs, which led to me throwing a rock through their glass door, which led me to waking up with a turrible hangover at the Multnmah County Justice center.

Note to the younguns on the bored.....when presented with a choice of weekends in jail vs community service (or a fine) always take the weekends in jail. Check in Friday at 6 and you're out in 3 hours thanks to overcrowding. Picking up shit on the side of the freeway at 8 on Sat morning is no bueno
    The advice you get at HH is usually worth its weight in gold. This post is no exception.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

Swaye said:

Agreed

Black licorice reminds me of Ouzo, which reminds me of throwing up on the bartender at the Greek Cuisina's upstairs bar, which led to me being tossed out (literally) down the stairs, which led to me throwing a rock through their glass door, which led me to waking up with a turrible hangover at the Multnmah County Justice center.

Note to the younguns on the bored.....when presented with a choice of weekends in jail vs community service (or a fine) always take the weekends in jail. Check in Friday at 6 and you're out in 3 hours thanks to overcrowding. Picking up shit on the side of the freeway at 8 on Sat morning is no bueno
    That place was wicked, especially on your B-DAY. We took a Bus from Salem to the Greek for a buddies B-Day and that poor stupid fucker took like a 48 count on the Ouzo poor. Didn't yack or anything. Just a little trouble walking straight and then yacked once we got home. But I shed no tears when that pit of misery went under.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter

When I was a little boy growing up in the paradise of San Diego County my home was near Miramar and the F-14s used to fly over with much regularity. I used to dream of being a fighter pilot shooting down Ruskies someday. Then....20/400 vision, 6'6", and bad at Maff.

Let me tell you the sure fire trick to being a fighter pilot...20/20, under 6'4" so the ejection seat doesn't kill you, not scared of shit, minority. Works like a champ. And I suck at maff... if you can just eek through aerodynamics like I did, you are golden, provided you got big balls and red skin. Viola.

When I was in the service they wanted me to become a helicopter pilot and take Officer Training - I flunked every possible test to make sure I did not become a pilot and my first day in Officer Training I had to spit polish (along with the other candidates) the center floor of the barracks. Did not take long for them to throw me out of the school.
    Helicopter pilots die too often in wars and officers in the early 70s got fragged frequently
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

1) Lincoln
    2) Worshtington
    3) Teddy
    4) FDR
    5) Jefferson
    6) Adams
    7) Jackson
    8) Reagan
    9) Truman
    10) LBJ

Reagan? lol

Reagan did a lot of FS shit and he was basically a total disaster, but how can anyone here forgive him for legitimizing and bringing to the center of American politics the fucking evangelicals?

FFS.
    The fuck? You sound like some crotchety, ivory tower, lefty academic type with this nonsense. Reagan got 2 of the top 4 wins by a President of the past 50 years- i.e., ending stagflation and winning the Cold War (the other 2 are LBJs Civil Rights legislation and Nixon opening China and splitting them off from the Soviets). Yeah, the fundies sucked - and you know I hate them as much as any man here - but wins are wins and the history on this is clear.
    Reagan did a lot of great things, including being an inspirational leader. The country needed him at that time, someone strong to provide stability. And for that he succeeded.

I do chuckle tho when people romanticize his presidency and forget that the national debt exploded under him, mortgage interest rates were well into the double digits, the way the war on drugs was carried out was lame, and the divide between wealthy and poor exploded under him.
    Riiiiiiiight. The peanut farmer before him had nothing to do with any of that.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter
    TheHB said:

2001400ex said:

1) Lincoln
    2) Worshtington
    3) Teddy
    4) FDR
    5) Jefferson
    6) Adams
    7) Jackson
    8) Reagan
    9) Truman
    10) LBJ

Reagan? lol

Reagan did a lot of FS shit and he was basically a total disaster, but how can anyone here forgive him for legitimizing and bringing to the center of American politics the fucking evangelicals?

FFS.
    The fuck? You sound like some crotchety, ivory tower, lefty academic type with this nonsense. Reagan got 2 of the top 4 wins by a President of the past 50 years- i.e., ending stagflation and winning the Cold War (the other 2 are LBJs Civil Rights legislation and Nixon opening China and splitting them off from the Soviets). Yeah, the fundies sucked - and you know I hate them as much as any man here - but wins are wins and the history on this is clear.
    Reagan did a lot of great things, including being an inspirational leader. The country needed him at that time, someone strong to provide stability. And for that he succeeded.

I do chuckle tho when people romanticize his presidency and forget that the national debt exploded under him, mortgage interest rates were well into the double digits, the way the war on drugs was carried out was lame, and the divide between wealthy and poor exploded under him.
    I hope Billy Graham kicks Jimmy Carter's ass once he passes the pearly gates.

That guy was turrible.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    TheHB said:

2001400ex said:

1) Lincoln
    2) Worshtington
    3) Teddy
    4) FDR
    5) Jefferson
    6) Adams
    7) Jackson
    8) Reagan
    9) Truman
    10) LBJ

Reagan? lol

FFS.

Mortgage rates didn't drop under 10% consistently until 1990, did he need more tim? Those are all his direct policies. Thanks for playing "blame the guy behind me except when Obama is president".
  • seatownfunkseatownfunk Member Posts: 805
    Best President? Here is #1 wiff a bullet.

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

2001400ex said:

TheHB said:

2001400ex said:

1) Lincoln
    2) Worshtington
    3) Teddy
    4) FDR
    5) Jefferson
    6) Adams
    7) Jackson
    8) Reagan
    9) Truman
    10) LBJ

Reagan? lol

FFS.

Mortgage rates didn't drop under 10% consistently until 1990, did he need more tim? Those are all his direct policies. Thanks for playing "blame the guy behind me except when Obama is president".
    Shit on Reagan's policies all you want, fact remains that he was one of, if not the best leaders we had in the entire century. When you're the President you damn well better lead, and he was phenomenal.