Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The results are in on paradise

1235»

Comments

• CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

BearsWiin said:

Agree completely about the Pacific for swimming, unless you are WAY south of Cali. Caribbean > US pacific coast (and Mejico for that matter) for swimming. Both nice to look at.

California is otherwise FUCKING AWESOME if you have the dough to be there (Sledog, for example, shouldn't try).

There is a fucking reason why Cali is full of people. It's not an accident folks.

If I had my druthers, I'd be in Santa Barbara or Laguna. Fuck you if you don't agree.

Free Pub! I got married on that beach in Laguna, but only invited 34 guests do to being a pour.
    Wrong Laguna I know, but the wife is doing a small project with the folks at Laguna Seca Raceway. Remodeling the Newman Building so the rich folk have more shitters when they hold their gala events there.
    Ain't no Altamont Raceway but looks cool.
    Gimme shelter.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

Agree completely about the Pacific for swimming, unless you are WAY south of Cali. Caribbean > US pacific coast (and Mejico for that matter) for swimming. Both nice to look at.

California is otherwise FUCKING AWESOME if you have the dough to be there (Sledog, for example, shouldn't try).

There is a fucking reason why Cali is full of people. It's not an accident folks.

If I had my druthers, I'd be in Santa Barbara or Laguna. Fuck you if you don't agree.

Free Pub! I got married on that beach in Laguna, but only invited 34 guests do to being a pour.
    Laguna beach hotel property? I owe a major portion of the bad liver to the hotel summer beach club.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club

BearsWiin said:

Wrong Laguna I know, but the wife is doing a small project with the folks at Laguna Seca Raceway. Remodeling the Newman Building so the rich folk have more shitters when they hold their gala events there.
    Ain't no Altamont Raceway but looks cool.
    Gimme shelter.
    Only good things can happen if you take the advice of the Grateful Dead on concert security!!

Laguna beach hotel property? I owe a major portion of the bad liver to the hotel summer beach club.
    On beach below Heisler Park. Dinner at Las Brissas thereafter.

Of course, you like Laguna. It's where all old people from one of the Denas have historically gone to escape the heat in the summer.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000

BearsWiin said:

Being upper middle class in California is like being mid to lower-middle class most other places. I can afford to rent a decent place but I can't afford to buy one. The truly shitty part is that the state still tax me as though I was in that 95th percentile of income earners. The upside is that it's 70 degrees year round and I'm a half-mile from the beach.

I'd move back to Seattle but it sounds like they are doing their best to transform that into an extension of the bay area.

Somebody is gonna have to explain this 'half mile to the beach' thing to the Throbber.

The Pacific is fucking cold. It's not like the Caribbean or the Gulf bath water warm with all-you-can-drink day-resorts everywhere.

And when you do go to 'the beach', you with like 12 million other Mexicans Angelinos.

Just don't get the attraction. Would much rather be near a ski resort in the winter and some boating in the summer. But 70 degrees year round is nice. No question.

Completely agree except I don't get the ski resort thing, well except for maybe the bar with a fireplace in the ski resort thing. Skiing is kind of fun, but got tired of Stevens and Snoqualmie as a kid. Cold water blows, but so does cold weather IMHO. Sunshine and a white sandy beach on a shore with bath warm water, laced with scantily clad women who actually give a shit about how they look, lined with huts filled with ice cold beer and cocktails that could put a first avenue bum down for a week are a whole lot more appealing.
    I think the key to enjoying skiing is proximity and avoiding crowds. When I lived in Utah I could duck out of work for a few hours on a powder day and have epic conditions. Here you're driving 90 to 100 minutes to get to the slopes and waiting in lines with a bunch of other assholes on the weekends. If I could live in place like Telluride, CO, I'd do it in a heart beat.
    Every Wednesday my wife's senior engineer ducks out for a long lunch and surfs Capitola's Pleasure Point at the end of 41st Avenue
    If my wife had her druthers we'd be neighbors down there by the bay of Monterrey. Alas, her dream of living beachfront in California has not come to pass. Life ain't fair I suppose.
    Tell her nobody put a gun to her head and made her marry a row boat champion.

No $$ in row boat. She should have used her athletic connections and married a hoops guy who could make it in the LEAGUE. Then she could live wherever in the fuck she wanted, and had an affair with row boat on the side.

Her fault; not yours.
    Unfortunately, her type is tall, slow strategy, Viking dudes, so row boat champion or bust. And even though I am a pour with lousy math n' science skillz, I have all of the aforementioned traits in spades. If only I could only find a way to monetize my Cliff Clavin (hi @Swaye ) skillz I would be rich I tell ya.
    Chintresting. The tall guys who make their living in the paint have a foot of rope in their shorts ... allegedly. The tall guys who make their living in row boat do not, allegedly.

Your wife has unusual taste. Good for you I guess.

BearsWiin said:

Being upper middle class in California is like being mid to lower-middle class most other places. I can afford to rent a decent place but I can't afford to buy one. The truly shitty part is that the state still tax me as though I was in that 95th percentile of income earners. The upside is that it's 70 degrees year round and I'm a half-mile from the beach.

I'd move back to Seattle but it sounds like they are doing their best to transform that into an extension of the bay area.

Somebody is gonna have to explain this 'half mile to the beach' thing to the Throbber.

The Pacific is fucking cold. It's not like the Caribbean or the Gulf bath water warm with all-you-can-drink day-resorts everywhere.

And when you do go to 'the beach', you with like 12 million other Mexicans Angelinos.

Just don't get the attraction. Would much rather be near a ski resort in the winter and some boating in the summer. But 70 degrees year round is nice. No question.

Completely agree except I don't get the ski resort thing, well except for maybe the bar with a fireplace in the ski resort thing. Skiing is kind of fun, but got tired of Stevens and Snoqualmie as a kid. Cold water blows, but so does cold weather IMHO. Sunshine and a white sandy beach on a shore with bath warm water, laced with scantily clad women who actually give a shit about how they look, lined with huts filled with ice cold beer and cocktails that could put a first avenue bum down for a week are a whole lot more appealing.
    I think the key to enjoying skiing is proximity and avoiding crowds. When I lived in Utah I could duck out of work for a few hours on a powder day and have epic conditions. Here you're driving 90 to 100 minutes to get to the slopes and waiting in lines with a bunch of other assholes on the weekends. If I could live in place like Telluride, CO, I'd do it in a heart beat.
    Every Wednesday my wife's senior engineer ducks out for a long lunch and surfs Capitola's Pleasure Point at the end of 41st Avenue
    If my wife had her druthers we'd be neighbors down there by the bay of Monterrey. Alas, her dream of living beachfront in California has not come to pass. Life ain't fair I suppose.

No $$ in row boat. She should have used her athletic connections and married a hoops guy who could make it in the LEAGUE. Then she could live wherever in the fuck she wanted, and had an affair with row boat on the side.

Her fault; not yours.
    Unfortunately, her type is tall, slow strategy, Viking dudes, so row boat champion or bust. And even though I am a pour with lousy math n' science skillz, I have all of the aforementioned traits in spades. If only I could only find a way to monetize my Cliff Clavin (hi @Swaye ) skillz I would be rich I tell ya.
    Chintresting. The tall guys who make their living in the paint have a foot of rope in their shorts ... allegedly. The tall guys who make their living in row boat do not, allegedly.

Not allegedly; it's true. But we're still real pretty to look at.

BearsWiin said:

Her fault; not yours.

The word "gay" gets thrown around a lot these days...
    Go do a Bing or Google search of your sport + calendar. Your sweaty, srcumming lads are not immune from this trend in calendars either.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter

BearsWiin said:

Her fault; not yours.

Go do a Bing or Google search of your sport + calendar. Your sweaty, srcumming lads are not immune from this trend in calendars either.
    Do they all drape cocks on their mates' necks? Axxeing for a friend.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    rowing = gay

rugby = gay

BearsWiin said:

Her fault; not yours.

Do they all drape cocks on their mates' necks? Axxeing for a friend.
    No just the gay English rowers do that; not the American ones.

rowing = gay

rugby = gay

You were probably a wrastler then right?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter

The key to skiing is finding a boarder chick who likes to partake in reverse cowgirl on the T-bar.

They still have T-bars, right?

The key to skiing is finding a boarder chick who likes to partake in reverse cowgirl on the T-bar.

They (T-Bars) are kind of a dying technology but there's a few here and there. I think the last time I was on one was up at the top of Blackomb.

They (T-Bars) are kind of a dying technology but there's a few here and there. I think the last time I was on one was up at the top of Blackomb.
    Look, I'm not opposed to a blow job helicopter skiing either - but you always remember your first.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849

BearsWiin said:

My beach is 340 miles NNW of LA. We get idiot tourists from Fresno, not Angelinos. I don't get in the water, but my kids boogieboard regularly, and we know many families that surf, paddleboard, and kayak. All it takes is a wetsuit. Wife and I take the dogs down for a 2-mile walk once or twice a week, to gain some perspective. You can't put a pricetag on perspective.

Looks like a nice spot to sit in the sand and read Steinbeck.
    NOth

Santa Barbara is the bees queef for sure. True American Riviera. Great Beaches. And State St at night was a sight to see fow show. I was amazed at how nice the Hot chicks were there.

They were like you would think you would find in Santa Cruz or Monterrey. Laid back down to earth. But the opposite was true of those girls. Most of them up North thought they were LA. Whereas in Santa Barbara they were cool and like 3 of them for every dude. Probably due to hardly any young(er) guys that weren't in school could afford to live there. Of course I was with GF at the time. So all that luck was wasted.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,893 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

This is precisely why I will never move back to Seattle. It's like all the bad parts of CA, but without any of the good weather or hot chicks.
    Why return to a town full of ugly, resentful bitches who #MeToo Sherman Alexie? Seattle has officially lost any soul it ever had, and deserves to be placed on Trump's Shithole List.

BearsWiin said:

Her fault; not yours.

We’re all a little gay.

And I don’t mean that in a fuck-me-in-the-ass-like-a-prison-bitch way.

So if you took it that way, well, you’re gay as Milos beating off to George Michael.