Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The results are in on paradise

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
edited March 2018 in Tug Tavern

Comments

• doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    So, California is gonna ship their homeless to Iowa, just to make it fair?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,033 Founders Club
    California Dreamin' is not for sermon seekers.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,669 Standard Supporter
    Like, technically, it's pretty nice in SoCal so having a roof over one's head is sort of a flawed criteria.

I'm guessing 95% of the time, one could survive outside with a sleeping bag and be good if one were so inclined. It's not like fucking Great Falls, MT or someplace where you'd die six months out of the year.

• AlexisAlexis Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,102 Swaye's Wigwam
    89ute said:

Like, technically, it's pretty nice in SoCal so having a roof over one's head is sort of a flawed criteria.

I'm guessing 95% of the time, one could survive outside with a sleeping bag and be good if one were so inclined. It's not like fucking Great Falls, MT or someplace where you'd die six months out of the year.

I can never quite figure out the Seattle bums. Now those San Diego bums have some common sense.
    Salt Lake bums are hard core. These fuckers are sleeping like babies on the sidewalks downtown when I pass spit on them and tell them to get a fucking job in the morning. 10 degrees below freezing.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,358 Founders Club
    CA is great if you are rich or well off, but pretty much sucks otherwise. Hot chicks though.
    edited March 2018

Swaye said:

CA is great if you are rich or well off, but pretty much sucks otherwise. Hot chicks though.

California is actually not a bad place to be poor as I found out the hard way. It seems to be the middle that gets squeezed although I think that may be overblown.

The article said the top 1% pay 50% of the tax here. You need to be uber rich. Kind of rich and it stings. Under the threshold and living is easy.
    I was stationed in CA twice - once for a short while in Alameda before they closed it down (mid 90's), and again in the early to mid 2000's in Lemoore. I never really got the coastal CA experience, as Alameda was only for a year, and I actually lived in the Orinda/Moraga area then, and Lemoore is Lemoore, but what I did see seemed uber expensive, terribly congested, and full of elitist pricks. I was Navy at the time though so I was shielded from taxes, etc. Weather and chicks were fucking fantastic. Loved all the outdoor activities as well. Being a gun owner was a pain in the dick - had to leave half my guns with my two Dads and in the base armory since they were illegal in CA.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,241 Standard Supporter
    California is descending into a world of shit much like any number of African countries have.
    A lot of the issue with California is simply over population. It was a lot easier to be middle class there when the population was something like 20 million instead of the nearly 40 million now.
    Swaye said:

A lot of the issue with California is simply over population. It was a lot easier to be middle class there when the population was something like 20 million instead of the nearly 40 million now.

I blame messicans and dumb whites from the midwest for this.
    When my dumb white ancestors got to Riverside from the Midwest there were only 30,000 residents. It was mostly a citrus (grove) party with few Messicans. They should have closed the gates when they had the chance.

Swaye said:

I blame messicans and dumb whites from the midwest for this.
    When my dumb white ancestors got to Riverside from the Midwest there were only 30,000 residents. It was mostly a citrus (grove) party with few Messicans. They should have closed the gates when they had the chance.
    This.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,667 Standard Supporter
    If I remember correctly the signs and bumperstickers were "Don't Californicate Washington" - too late now
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,028
    Shocking news! Useless News and World Distort uses flawed methodology to produce provocative rankings! Film at 11

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded"