Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Abortion

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

dnc said:

Since the Tug is a little slow today:

Murder? Yes How so? Ends the life of a human. Having sat in on my wife's sonograms, I can't imagine someone ending those little lives. Having had many friends and family members who have dealt with miscarriages (and the stillbirth of a nephew), I can tell you those were deaths of real lives to those parents.

This is a chinteresting piece on how modern scientific technology is boosting the arguments against abortion.

Ok in cases of rape/incest? Not sure. Hard to justify. Also hard to tell someone who's been violated that they have to pay the price for nine more months for something they haven't done. If it was my wife/daughter I'd probably tell them it best to still have the baby if they can find the courage. I wouldn't campaign for it to be illegal in those cases though. And I believe it's absolutely justifiable to abort a baby to save the mother's life, though you didn't bring that up.

Also, if you think so, what are you doing here? Why are you not down at the clinics exercising your second amendment rights to bear arms and interfere in what amounts to murder? Isn't it the moral equivalent of standing by while a day care center down the street practices youth-in-asia?

This is a chinteresting argument. Usually I and others like me get told we care too damn much about abortion. You're saying we don't care enough. You may be right. Personally I care about it a lot. I support pro life groups, especially those who promote the womb to tomb model. I advocate for adoption. I have had many conversations with people of all types about my reasoning on abortion. I'd say it's my largest political concern.

That one issue still wasn't big enough to get me to vote for Donald Trump though.

Genuinely (not really) curious what you fuck faces think about this.

PS: American private enterprise can build highways you dumb fucks.

"I don't get it"

You do know that once past the age of viability, that it's federally illegal to have an abortion, right?

Not saying I agree with abortion. But there's a common perception that you can have abortions at any time and that's not true.

What else does Hillary want us to know about what your mother should have done?
    Your obsession is noted. Why are you so full of hate?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Safe

Legal

Rare

The Bill Clinton theory. Its a good one. If you can't figure out you want an abortion by week 20 you have issues.

The argument in favor of abortion for the man of faith is the carnage that back alley abortions would bring.

I also agree with @dnc that the sonogram has an effect on the debate. Its a baby when its yours its a tissue mass when it is someone else's
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Murder? Yes How so? Ends the life of a human. Having sat in on my wife's sonograms, I can't imagine someone ending those little lives. Having had many friends and family members who have dealt with miscarriages (and the stillbirth of a nephew), I can tell you those were deaths of real lives to those parents.

This is a chinteresting piece on how modern scientific technology is boosting the arguments against abortion.

Ok in cases of rape/incest? Not sure. Hard to justify. Also hard to tell someone who's been violated that they have to pay the price for nine more months for something they haven't done. If it was my wife/daughter I'd probably tell them it best to still have the baby if they can find the courage. I wouldn't campaign for it to be illegal in those cases though. And I believe it's absolutely justifiable to abort a baby to save the mother's life, though you didn't bring that up.

Also, if you think so, what are you doing here? Why are you not down at the clinics exercising your second amendment rights to bear arms and interfere in what amounts to murder? Isn't it the moral equivalent of standing by while a day care center down the street practices youth-in-asia?

This is a chinteresting argument. Usually I and others like me get told we care too damn much about abortion. You're saying we don't care enough. You may be right. Personally I care about it a lot. I support pro life groups, especially those who promote the womb to tomb model. I advocate for adoption. I have had many conversations with people of all types about my reasoning on abortion. I'd say it's my largest political concern.

That one issue still wasn't big enough to get me to vote for Donald Trump though.

"I don't get it"

Chris Hitchens used to say that at a certain point the fetus deserved a say in its right to live. As a practical matter I think it should be safe, rare and legal early on. But I think anything after 10-12 weeks is morally and ethically wrong unless Mom's health is danger or birth defects are probable.

I don't have a uterus but I married someone who does and have been to plenty of pre 12 week ultrasounds. It's a living being at that point which should have rights.
    Tadpole Lives Matter!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Chris Hitchens used to say that at a certain point the fetus deserved a say in its right to live. As a practical matter I think it should be safe, rare and legal early on. But I think anything after 10-12 weeks is morally and ethically wrong unless Mom's health is danger or birth defects are probable.

I don't have a uterus but I married someone who does and have been to plenty of pre 12 week ultrasounds. It's a living being at that point which should have rights.
    Tadpole Lives Matter!
    Monkey tadpoles are more important than Kermit ones.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Let me help you self-righteous assholes out of your mental sling:

If it's wrong it's wrong. 1 week, 20 weeks, whatever. You'll never draw a morally meaningful line, and this isn't the drinking age we're talking about.

If it's murder, there is absolutely zero justification for it. It's not hard to justify. You can't. Rape, incest, losers having more babies ... those are all irrelevant - completely - if we're talking about murder. Unless, that is, you fail to take it as axiomatic that innocent people shouldn't be expendable due to the misdeeds of others.

I'm not saying you don't care enuff. I'm saying you're duplicitous and full-of-shit. Either that, or you're a fucking coward who would stand by and watch someone snuff out a three-year old. It's one or the other if you're in the MURDER camp. You can't wriggle out of it. Nobody cares about your "conversations" - people are DYING!!!!!!!! Nobody cares if you "support" pro life groups; they're only slightly less cowardly than you. To be clear: you both think that mass genocide is happening in clearly identifiable clinics everywhere, and here you sit on HCH with a bunch of degenerates, and all they do is make weird signs and stand around. COWARDS! You should all be gunned up and DOING SOMETHING! But you're not because you actually don't equate what's happening in those clinics with the snuffing out of a five-year old. You just won't admit it.

To save the mother's life? WTF? Are you on crack? Is it ok to walk down the street and snuff out an innocent person to save someone's life? That baby, imbued with full person rights care of you and your friends, has zero responsibility for that woman's predicament. She chose to get pregs, and taking that "child's" life is no more justifiable than taking someone else's. You can't go kill someone to give your dying relative an organ. Sorry. That does not work.

Next?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,595
    Male birth control man. When the fuck is it gonna happen
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I hate it when Drug court is slow.
  • Options

If you are against abortion you should be in favor of cheap and easily accessible birth control. If you support abstinence only education you are retarded.

Contraceptives are cheap and easy to attain. They just need not be given out to HS students. However should be available at bars like a breath mint.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,382
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

If it's wrong it's wrong. 1 week, 20 weeks, whatever. You'll never draw a morally meaningful line, and this isn't the drinking age we're talking about.

If it's murder, there is absolutely zero justification for it. It's not hard to justify. You can't. Rape, incest, losers having more babies ... those are all irrelevant - completely - if we're talking about murder. Unless, that is, you fail to take it as axiomatic that innocent people shouldn't be expendable due to the misdeeds of others.

I'm not saying you don't care enuff. I'm saying you're duplicitous and full-of-shit. Either that, or you're a fucking coward who would stand by and watch someone snuff out a three-year old. It's one or the other if you're in the MURDER camp. You can't wriggle out of it. Nobody cares about your "conversations" - people are DYING!!!!!!!! Nobody cares if you "support" pro life groups; they're only slightly less cowardly than you. To be clear: you both think that mass genocide is happening in clearly identifiable clinics everywhere, and here you sit on HCH with a bunch of degenerates, and all they do is make weird signs and stand around. COWARDS! You should all be gunned up and DOING SOMETHING! But you're not because you actually don't equate what's happening in those clinics with the snuffing out of a five-year old. You just won't admit it.

To save the mother's life? WTF? Are you on crack? Is it ok to walk down the street and snuff out an innocent person to save someone's life? That baby, imbued with full person rights care of you and your friends, has zero responsibility for that woman's predicament. She chose to get pregs, and taking that "child's" life is no more justifiable than taking someone else's. You can't go kill someone to give your dying relative an organ. Sorry. That does not work.

Next?
    Fuck off Tequilla
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Next?
    It's easy to draw a line. When God decides to snuff out a fetus, it's almost always done in the first trimester. After that it becomes much rarer.
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

If you are against abortion you should be in favor of cheap and easily accessible birth control. If you support abstinence only education you are retarded.

Contraceptives are cheap and easy to attain. They just need not be given out to HS students. However should be available at bars like a breath mint.
    HS students are the exact demographic that should have free access to birth control.
  • Options
    SalemKewg's late-day appearance (his turn at the computer) reminds me why the right to abortion is so very important.
  • Options

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Next?
    It's easy to draw a line. When God decides to snuff out a fetus, it's almost always done in the first trimester. After that it becomes much rarer.
    Terrible. Intellectually just terrible.
  • Options

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Next?
    Fuck off Tequilla
    So I take it you agree.
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Safe

Legal

Rare

The Bill Clinton theory. Its a good one. If you can't figure out you want an abortion by week 20 you have issues.

The argument in favor of abortion for the man of faith is the carnage that back alley abortions would bring.

I also agree with @dnc that the sonogram has an effect on the debate. Its a baby when its yours its a tissue mass when it is someone else's

well, we all have issues.

back-alley is a good, but a pragmatic concern. here, we are wrestling with whether you're doing the moral equivalent of walking into a store and shooting someone. bigger question than "they'll just do it the wrong way" concerns, valid though they may be. I too watched Cider House Rules.

the sonogram is irrelevant. it's murder or it's not.

I thought and wrote a lot about this issue as an undergrad. I've concluded it is and should be polarizing af. You either think it's the moral equivalent of removing a mole, or you think you're killing a person for convenience.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

"I don't get it"

Next?
    This is ridiculous.

I used to be hardline, it's never acceptable. Then I realize I accept killing to protect life in many other forms (and most everyone else does to). War, self defense, death penalty... we take life to protect life frequently. Virtually every society agrees that killing can be murder in most cases but not murder in every case. Abortion is killing. Most of the time it's murder. That doesn't mean it always is.

The rest of your rant isn't worth responding to. There's only one self righteous asshole in this thread, and it ain't me.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited February 2018

Safe

Legal

Rare

back-alley is a good, but a pragmatic concern. here, we are wrestling with whether you're doing the moral equivalent of walking into a store and shooting someone. bigger question than "they'll just do it the wrong way" concerns, valid though they may be. I too watched Cider House Rules.

I thought and wrote a lot about this issue as an undergrad. I've concluded it is and should be polarizing af. You either think it's the moral equivalent of removing a mole, or you think you're killing a person for convenience.

Agree with your last line, as well as your "1 week, 20 weeks whatever" from your previous diatribe.
  • Options

salemcoog said:

HS students are the exact demographic that should have free access to birth control.
    If said HS student is emancipated and lives on their own... sure.gif.

But if said HS student is under 18 and lives at home with their parents, It's the parents choice. Not the school's, not the government, not liberal fucktard that should make the decision to give little Johnny his rubbers or slutty Brittney her BC pills.

That's not to say that I didn't fully support slutty Brittney and her breathren back in the day. But this little Johnny had his rubbers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2018

Safe

Legal

Rare

Why isnt stopping those little swimmers before they reach the egg wrong then? Don't they have a right to reach their target?