Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Justin Flowe - 4* 2020 LB - Upland (HS), CA - (Offered 1/29/18)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Look, I'm just glad we don't waste our time recruiting guys who only want to play in the SEC

Wait you mean it’s important to not have a wet noodle ILB coach? No way!
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Oregon and UW will almost certainly have the top 2 classes in the Pac, interestingly it appears UW will finish with a superior offensive class while Oregon has the superior defensive class.

I'll be interested to see how having Lake as HC effects our defensive recruiting going forward
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oregon and UW will almost certainly have the top 2 classes in the Pac, interestingly it appears UW will finish with a superior offensive class while Oregon has the superior defensive class.

I'll be interested to see how having Lake as HC effects our defensive recruiting going forward

Difference is the elite talent Oregon is getting. If Oregon lands Flowe, Sewell and Ringo/Manning, that's three five star recruits who are difference makers as soon as they step on campus. As much as I love Smalls, he isn't that type of player, he needs a lot of coaching. If Washington wants to take the next step, they need to get that type of talent and right now they aren't getting that.
    This. Don’t get hung up on the overall rankings of a class alone. Look at the high impact guys in addition to it.

Besides that I would just be happy in getting really athletic players at the linebacker position but we can’t do that consistently.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

Difference is the elite talent Oregon is getting. If Oregon lands Flowe, Sewell and Ringo/Manning, that's three five star recruits who are difference makers as soon as they step on campus. As much as I love Smalls, he isn't that type of player, he needs a lot of coaching. If Washington wants to take the next step, they need to get that type of talent and right now they aren't getting it.
    Sewell is more elite than Savell?

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Flowe is super developed. Amazing obviously.

Sewell is just too big for ILB.

They ain’t getting Ringo.

No clue on Manning.

It takes longer for edge rushers to develop. I mean you just could have said that?
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    edited December 2019

Difference is the elite talent Oregon is getting. If Oregon lands Flowe, Sewell and Ringo/Manning, that's three five star recruits who are difference makers as soon as they step on campus. As much as I love Smalls, he isn't that type of player, he needs a lot of coaching. If Washington wants to take the next step, they need to get that type of talent and right now they aren't getting it.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Heck yeah he is, anyone who would take Smalls over Sewell doesn't know football or is clearly biased. The tape doesn't lie and it's not even close right between them. The hope is Coach K can take the physical traits Smalls has and coach him up but Sewell is a guy who will start day one.
  • Options
    edited December 2019

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Heck yeah he is, anyone who would take Smalls over Sewell doesn't know football or is clearly biased. The tape doesn't lie and it's not even close right between them. The hope is Coach K can take the physical traits Smalls has and coach him up but Sewell is a guy who will start day one.
    Because you played football. Ight bruh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sewell is not better than Savell. Savell plays a way more important position. He just has been in a good enough structure to he as dominant as he will be here.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This is a really bad potential trend. Fucking Gregory ...
  • Options

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Sewell is not better than Savell. Savell plays a way more important position. He just has been in a good enough structure to he as dominant as he will be here.
    Guess we will revisit this debate in a year and see how they both did. By the the Heisman trophy ceremony was today, did Eason win? Because according to you, Eason was a lock, especially after his performance against Eastern Washington.
    All I tweeted was #SkinnyForHeisman? Lol relax.

We aren’t rating them based on who is the better HS player. Sewell is just too big to play ILB. Flowe is good. But Sewell> Savell is the most silly thing I have ever heard.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Do you really think Ringo is a instant impact guy day 1? I think he is just as raw as Smalls but Flowe and Sewell would be instant impact from the start. I think Elias Ricks is light years ahead of Ringo in terms of development at this stage.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460

Do you really think Ringo is a instant impact guy day 1? I think he is just as raw as Smalls but Flowe and Sewell would be instant impact from the start. I think Elias Ricks is light years ahead of Ringo in terms of development at this stage.
    Ringo is starter day 1, yeah his technique needs work but his athleticism combined with his length will mask that in the beginning stages.
  • Options

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Guess we will revisit this debate in a year and see how they both did. By the the Heisman trophy ceremony was today, did Eason win? Because according to you, Eason was a lock, especially after his performance against Eastern Washington.
    All I tweeted was #SkinnyForHeisman? Lol relax.

We aren’t rating them based on who is the better HS player. Sewell is just too big to play ILB. Flowe is good. But Sewell> Savell is the most silly thing I have ever heard.
    Then you must have not been there when Smalls got panicked by a freshman lineman in high school in back to back reps, that shit was embarrassing. Like I said before Smalls has great physcial traits but like I don't expect him to contribute until year 2 at the earliest.
    Wait you mean it takes longer to develop the closer you get to the LOS? Wow no way!
  • Options
    Sav’ell was hurt his junior year, he still has some baby fat, and a baby face and hasn’t neared his peak physically even when compared to the JTT who is a year or two younger. Sav’ell hasn’t consistently trained at FSP/an elite training program like Hunter, Salvon, Kyler, and other great athletes we’ve had from FSP. The UDUB coaches will force him to be in a strict regimen, his Garfield years didnt help much. But this is the projection business.

OLB/Edge players take a while because of how difficult OL are to beat in college vs what their used to OL’s being in HS. He is 6’3.5 240, runs a 4.6, has elite small space quickness and feet that are quicker than any OLB’s in the country that allow him to be a matchup nightmare both when rushing the passer, dropping in coverage, or shedding blocks in the run game. He can literally be a complete player who makes so much money doing the most important thing you can do in football outside of throwing the football, rushing the guy who throws the football.

He can also eliminate his side of the field on short routes when dropping into pass. Think of the amazing play in coverage Tevis Bartlett had against Utah in the PAC-12 title. Sav’ell’s feet are godly compared to Tevis’ that were too slow to let him play ILB. In a different era Sav’ell could easily be a better ILB than both Flowe and Sewell. They are just much more physically developed than he is and have been in better structured team environments and have had better coaches etc.