Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

People need to pay their fair share of taxes

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Right. To help pay for large corporate tax cuts. They capped the state tax deduction at $10k. Meaning people who pay significantly more than that, will pay more in taxes on the plan. And most of those people are small business owners. Nice work!!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Repeal Prop 13!! Now more than ever!!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    Greedy asshole leftists want more of the people money to pay for stupid shit like trains to nowhereville and illegal immigrants education, welfare, school and legal defense from deportation by the feds. That shit ain't American.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309
    2001400ex said:

Right. To help pay for large corporate tax cuts. They capped the state tax deduction at $10k. Meaning people who pay significantly more than that, will pay more in taxes on the plan. And most of those people are small business owners. Nice work!!

The blue states could also help out its citizens by lowering their state taxes. Just a suggestion...
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,029 Founders Club
    Sledog said:

Greedy asshole leftists want more of the people money to pay for stupid shit like trains to nowhereville and illegal immigrants education, welfare, school and legal defense from deportation by the feds. That shit ain't American.

What your talking about? Road, bridges, dams, and trains to nowhere are as American as apple pie.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,668 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Why should someone who lives in the People's Republic of California have any greater ability to deduct state taxes than someone who lives in, like, Wyoming or Washington where there isn't any state income tax?

The $10K cap is more than a fair compromise.

2001400ex said:

Why should someone who lives in the People's Republic of California have any greater ability to deduct state taxes than someone who lives in, like, Wyoming or Washington where there isn't any state income tax?

To the uneducated. There was a standard amount based on your income to add if you lived in Washington to deduct for income tax. Plus they allowed you to deduct sales tax on large purchases. To "level the playing field" as you suggest.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

To the uneducated. There was a standard amount based on your income to add if you lived in Washington to deduct for income tax. Plus they allowed you to deduct sales tax on large purchases. To "level the playing field" as you suggest.
    For Hondo, The struggle is always real.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,660 Founders Club
    I heard we had to pay for the tax cuts

You won't because you'll be dead before anyone bothers to pay down the debt.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So, what you're saying is Washington residents were capped by whatever the standard deduct for their taxable income but Cali residents weren't.

The sales tax deduction was a fraction of what state income tax payers were allowed to take as a deduction.

For someone at the $200K income range, 1 Exemption, the 'standard' sales tax deduction for 2017 was $1,886

And that's comparable to a Cali resident who could take the full boat deduction on their, let's say, 5% state income tax (actually way higher but we'll keep it simple) of around $10,000 plus?!?!

Maff sucks, I know. For the uneducated.

Nega, please.

Plus sales tax on large purchases. I think your $1,886 is low because mine was higher than that in 16. But I don't give enough shits to look it up.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390

2001400ex said:

The blue states could also help out its citizens by lowering their state taxes. Just a suggestion...
    Or we could downsize the role of the federal government to common defense and currency management— essentially eliminating the entire wasteful federal edifice — and let States govern themselves how they want. Just a suggestion. You and California can finally be free of each other.

Btw, sen. Cornyn just said he anticipates at least two more FY2018 CRs on top of the four passed already. What’s the point? Just shut it all down once and for all in the name of common sense and efficiency.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,861
    2001400ex said:

History suggests race wont be dying any time soon

Hondo wrong again.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So, what you're saying is Washington residents were capped by whatever the standard deduct for their taxable income but Cali residents weren't.

The sales tax deduction was a fraction of what state income tax payers were allowed to take as a deduction.

For someone at the $200K income range, 1 Exemption, the 'standard' sales tax deduction for 2017 was $1,886

And that's comparable to a Cali resident who could take the full boat deduction on their, let's say, 5% state income tax (actually way higher but we'll keep it simple) of around $10,000 plus?!?!

Maff sucks, I know. For the uneducated.

Nega, please.

Plus sales tax on large purchases. I think your $1,886 is low because mine was higher than that in 16. But I don't give enough shits to look it up.
    So you're in favor of regressive sales taxes that also encourage the poor to go into debt buying things they don't need.

I don't know any poor people that pay more than $10k a year in state income tax. But ok!!
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,229 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Which was run up by your guy! But then it was OK.........
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    This was pretty funny:

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin is concerned about state efforts to get around the tax law.

That fucker just has that "cat that ate the bird" look on him that screams "i'm completely getting away with murder because I'm good at math." and his wife is hot too, despite the fact that he's got salemkewg-like looks.

I want to be Mnuchin. My fucking hero.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 23,000
    Sledog said:

Agreed. They should have been investing in your education.