Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Nearly 50% of Millennials Reject Capitalism

14567810»

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Mosster47 said:

doogie said:

Mosster47 said:

Millennials know:

20 years of pointless war that was costing over $1B a day at it's peak.

The housing bubble where rich people robbed the American public and the government paid them back 100 cents on the dollar for any short term loss.

Crippling student loan debt to get a job that previous generations never needed a formal education to do, yet still did the job equally well.

There is no more competition. Amazon, Google, eBay, and Netflix won. Seriously, what business are you going to start that some titan doesn't already have a complete monopoly on? A good capitalistic environment is supposed to motivate people to create a job instead of finding one, which went away 40 years ago.

We are generally viewed negatively by most of the established world.

We completely destroyed an entire continent in their lifetime and stirred up a hornets nest that brings terror to everyone's door step.

We can't spare $4M for Meals on Wheels but we need $65B more annually for defense. You know, cause the......fuck we're out of enemies.

The quality of life between working your ass off and not working at all is pretty similar.

Trying to save money with a meager salary to enjoy life when it's already over instead of using it while you can enjoy it is fucking stupid. All you are doing it making someone else rich.

If you work really hard you can be rich one day! 99.9% false.

I can keep going. Millennials are a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. They're the best bullshit detectors this nation has ever produced.

You’re 34 and you’ve given up? and YOU coach Youth? and pretend to be a mentor?
    What the fuck do you old fucks not understand about us well above average Millennials? We don't use our brain power to work ourselves to death, we use it so we don't have to.

I didn't give up. I spent 15 years working my ass off so I'd never have to again. Mission accomplished.

Oh noes, I'm never going to own a house in the Hamptons or have a yacht. I wasn't going to anyways, so I'll live. 99% of the Boomers that will work themselves to death never will either and my adult life will be infinitely better than theirs.

If that's giving up, sure. I gave up.
    You're struggling mightily today and about to gurgle. You should probably take a bass fishing break.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

Mosster47 said:

doogie said:

Mosster47 said:

Millennials know:

20 years of pointless war that was costing over $1B a day at it's peak.

The housing bubble where rich people robbed the American public and the government paid them back 100 cents on the dollar for any short term loss.

Crippling student loan debt to get a job that previous generations never needed a formal education to do, yet still did the job equally well.

There is no more competition. Amazon, Google, eBay, and Netflix won. Seriously, what business are you going to start that some titan doesn't already have a complete monopoly on? A good capitalistic environment is supposed to motivate people to create a job instead of finding one, which went away 40 years ago.

We are generally viewed negatively by most of the established world.

We completely destroyed an entire continent in their lifetime and stirred up a hornets nest that brings terror to everyone's door step.

We can't spare $4M for Meals on Wheels but we need $65B more annually for defense. You know, cause the......fuck we're out of enemies.

The quality of life between working your ass off and not working at all is pretty similar.

Trying to save money with a meager salary to enjoy life when it's already over instead of using it while you can enjoy it is fucking stupid. All you are doing it making someone else rich.

If you work really hard you can be rich one day! 99.9% false.

I can keep going. Millennials are a lot of things, but stupid isn't one of them. They're the best bullshit detectors this nation has ever produced.

You’re 34 and you’ve given up? and YOU coach Youth? and pretend to be a mentor?
    What the fuck do you old fucks not understand about us well above average Millennials? We don't use our brain power to work ourselves to death, we use it so we don't have to.

I didn't give up. I spent 15 years working my ass off so I'd never have to again. Mission accomplished.

Oh noes, I'm never going to own a house in the Hamptons or have a yacht. I wasn't going to anyways, so I'll live. 99% of the Boomers that will work themselves to death never will either and my adult life will be infinitely better than theirs.

If that's giving up, sure. I gave up.
    You gave up and are a fucking leech because you can't play at our level

I pay your salary bitch
    Yawn. You don't pay shit. Your money doesn't leave the county you live in.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,080 Standard Supporter
    Gwad said:

Sledog said:

Nearly 50% of millennials are dumbshits.

Sledog only reads the headlines. Oh and @Communism had its way with your mother.
    I can read. RIF
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,873 Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

BearsWiin said:

As somebody who has taught both political theory and comparative politics at the university level, I always find these threads to be an absolute hoot.

I lived under communism in the 70's. Nothing special.
    I didn't know Houston was Communist.
    The "Cosmos" changed their name to the "Astros" in 1972. The more you know.
    Not the case:

Houston Buffaloes -> Houston Colt .45s -> Houston Astros

Is it live? Or is it Memorex?

Actually, I preferred Maxell SA90s in college. Great cassettes.

Look it up, Millennials.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,526 Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

BearsWiin said:

As somebody who has taught both political theory and comparative politics at the university level, I always find these threads to be an absolute hoot.

I lived under communism in the 70's. Nothing special.
    I didn't know Houston was Communist.
    The "Cosmos" changed their name to the "Astros" in 1972. The more you know.
    Not the case:

Houston Buffaloes -> Houston Colt .45s -> Houston Astros

Is it live? Or is it Memorex?

Actually, I preferred Maxell SA90s in college. Great cassettes.

Look it up, Millennials.
    Will you make me a mixtape?

At the very least, hold a boombox over your head while serenading the Throbber with Peter Gabriel?