Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Zach Charbonnet, 4* 2019 RB, Westlake Village (Oaks Christian), CA (Offered)

Comments

• DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Charbonnet is a borderline 5 star in the latest 247, and Breece Hall is top 150

Fucking kill me

Of course because he committed to Michigan. Kid should have been rated a 5-star from the beginning. When our commits get bumped up they barely get bumped up. 247 guys refuse to bump a UW 3-star commit higher than a 90 rating. That way they can save face and say "we have him rated as a 4-star!" but they still have a bunch of kids that suck rated ahead of them.

It's not over with Charbonnet. I will not accept it until he signs with Michigan. UW is still going after him and because they have Davis in hand and would be fine with one RB in this class they have no reason to give up on Charbonnet. I hope Petersen has completely taken over his recruitment and in the back of his mind knows he's going to fire KB's fat ass after the season.
    Ballz loves them big backs!
  • KobeStanKobeStan Member Posts: 91
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Trey Lowe is better than any of the RBs we are/were recruiting in this class.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    KobeStan said:

STOp
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018
    KobeStan said:

Off your meds today? Davis is a fucking stud. I take him over Lowe
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

KobeStan said:

Off your meds today? Davis is a fucking stud. I take him over Lowe
    Davis and Charbonnet are both better than Lowe.

Jones is way better than Lowe.

Lowe is a stud.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Charbonnet is in the Gaskin/Ahmed tier, if not in a tier all of his own. Lowe is barely a step above McClutchens and McGrew.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Charbonnet is in the Gaskin/Ahmed tier, if not in a tier all of his own. Lowe is barely a step above McClutchens and McGrew.

True. Maybe a little more than "barely", but he's more comparable to them as an rb than he is to Davis or the other current targets.
    chuck said:

True. Maybe a little more than "barely", but he's more comparable to them as an rb than he is to Davis or the other current targets.
    I mean, it's not like McClutchens sucks. I'd still like to see McShrew in the McClutchens role once he McGraduates.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

chuck said:

I mean, it's not like McClutchens sucks. I'd still like to see McShrew in the McClutchens role once he McGraduates.
    Chico is fine against the crappy teams. McGrew is crappy vs the crappy teams. I think Lowe is more Chico level than McGrew. Would have rather had treshaun Harrison or someone with some decent size than any of them. 5'6" slot backs are special.

chuck said:

Chico is fine against the crappy teams. McGrew is crappy vs the crappy teams. I think Lowe is more Chico level than McGrew. Would have rather had treshaun Harrison or someone with some decent size than any of them. 5'6" slot backs are special.
    We haven't really McGrew yet. We actually have depth at some positions now, so the fact that McGrew hasn't seen a lot of playing time isn't necessarily and indictment of his skill level.

I mean it could be. We don't really know for sure yet. I'm hoping he's learning to play slot and run routes, but it doesn't look like it. It could very well be that he's just not good enough to get significant snaps at RB.

chuck said:

I’m not a giant Mcgrew defender or anything but when he’s played he’s looked decent. He’s barely played, the sample size is not nearly large enough to make this statement.
    He returned some kicks last year and did not look good in doing so. He got tossed like a rag doll in garbage time (I think vs Oregon state if I remember right).

If you are that small you need to be extraordinary athletically and I don't see it with him. I see him as a wasted scholarship but Kb is the recruiter so yeah. I stand by my statement he sucks and will never be a significant contributor in any game that matters. White midget tailback.

Wait and see on Lowe but a 5'7" slot does not get me excited.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

chuck said:

I’m not a giant Mcgrew defender or anything but when he’s played he’s looked decent. He’s barely played, the sample size is not nearly large enough to make this statement.
    He returned some kicks last year and did not look good in doing so. He got tossed like a rag doll in garbage time (I think vs Oregon state if I remember right).

If you are that small you need to be extraordinary athletically and I don't see it with him. I see him as a wasted scholarship but Kb is the recruiter so yeah. I stand by my statement he sucks and will never be a significant contributor in any game that matters. White midget tailback.

chuck said:

He did get absolutely murdered on at least one kick off last year, I remember that. What game was that in?

chuck said:

chuck said:

He did get absolutely murdered on at least one kick off last year, I remember that. What game was that in?
    Not sure which game the kick off was but I was thinking of him on the goal line getting blown up. I hated all his kick off returns last year though but he was quickly replaced on those by Ahmed. Praise Allah.

I am not full ballz mode in that we have to have big backs, but if they are small they better be really skilled like gaskin Kaufman or some of the backs Oregon had under chip.

• chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

I think Lowe is good enough out of the backfield to get actual carries as a plain old running back. That's where he's above McClutchins. I don't know if he ever will, but I think he could.

I'm not a fan of the midget slot guy. You can't expect a QB to find a guy like that very often if he's not the first read, and I don't really like him as the first read because he's too easy for an otherwise subpar coverage guy to simply smother at the LOS. There are equally quick, faster, more qualified receivers out there who are at least 5'9" or 5'10" that could be brought in to play that position. They really aren't rare at all.
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited July 2018
    A debate over who's a better scat back is way worse than the ballz big back debate. Ballz never even said UW should recruit ALL big backs. Just that it was vital to have at least one in the rotation for short yardage situations (4th down against Stanford last season) and to wear defenses down by forcing them to tackle a big physical body that can also make them miss or run right past them which is why fucking Zach Charbonnet was so fucking perfect for us but KB fucked it up! Hopefully Pleasant at least beats out tiny ass McGrew and adds some thump to RB position.
This discussion has been closed.