Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

D'Andre "DJ" Rogers, 2020 TE, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

The 2020 team should be a real natty contender as long as one of the QBs develop. I don’t see the glaring holes on that projected roster.

You are aware that pressuring the QB is important, yes? We also have no one to play T.

We also have no interior DLs for that year.
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

The 2020 team should be a real natty contender as long as one of the QBs develop. I don’t see the glaring holes on that projected roster.

You are aware that pressuring the QB is important, yes? We also have no one to play T.

Somebody insert 2018 poly-brahs gif.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

The tsio pod theory is that with local guys Washington has to be 100% sure on them. Sure that the kid is sure too.

If Washington offers and the kid commits then the feeling is that Washington has to honor it - not like the whole concept of non-comittable offers that many other schools play with.

Sure fire talents will get offers.

The issue is the perception of who is a no-duh offer... And if Washington is giving the competition too much if a head start by taking too long to vet a prospect before offering.

Ie: DJ Rogers

For me, idgaf that much anymore because the program is run by high-end coaches and adults so it's going to work out anyways. Whether recruits come from in-state or from Nepal it's gonna work out.

Are you fucking stupid? The main problem with our program is the talent and Pete's historical nonchalant (or, sure, let's only recruit slow strategy white people who can't play and say things like 'I don't believe in talent') attitude toward recruiting. If we had been actually trying to recruit Pete's first three years here, we would be ready to win Natties.

As it is now, we are probably 4 years away from having a team without serious, glaring holes from recruiting.

And also you stupid fuck, NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHERE THE RECRUITS COME FROM YOU MORON...

The issue (AS ALWAYS) is expected value of an offer. Go back to fucking Dawgman with this 'coach trusting' and 'I don't care where the recruits come from' fucking bullshit. Anyone who says they don't care where recruits come from re: in-state recruits is a fucking moron. That's one thing I've learned for certain over the past 25 years of following UW recruiting.

Fucking Christ. DIAF.
    Hehe, I am honored!

"trust the coaches" is what I'm hearing from you... right?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

The only hole to me is edge rushing, and yes it's a big concern. You can win with that glaring hole though.

I disagree on T and and interior DL. Mele should be ready by his third year in the program. At DT we'll have a true junior baller in Tuli (probably in his last year) and plenty of talented RS sophomores.

I get that ideally you'd have great seniors at every position but nobody has that. That team will be extremely talented everywhere except Buck. We can overcome one weakness.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Mele, Bain, and Kirkland should all be fully developed and ready to play T by 2020. Watty should still be here as a RS senior and be able to slide out to T if needed. Throw in a RS frosh Kalepo and it’s not exactly a dire situation.

2019 will be more of an issue than 2020 and beyond.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Mele, Bain, and Kirkland should all be fully developed and ready to play T by 2020. Watty should still be here as a RS senior and be able to slide out to T if needed. Throw in a RS frosh Kalepo and it’s not exactly a dire situation.

2019 will be more of an issue than 2020 and beyond.

So 2020 will be speacial?
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

dnc said:

The only hole to me is edge rushing, and yes it's a big concern. You can win with that glaring hole though.

I disagree on T and and interior DL. Mele should be ready by his third year in the program. At DT we'll have a true junior baller in Tuli (probably in his last year) and plenty of talented RS sophomores.

I get that ideally you'd have great seniors at every position but nobody has that. That team will be extremely talented everywhere except Buck. We can overcome one weakness.
    If we recruit strongly, get playmakers and everyone develops.
  • Options

animate said:

The tsio pod theory is that with local guys Washington has to be 100% sure on them. Sure that the kid is sure too.

If Washington offers and the kid commits then the feeling is that Washington has to honor it - not like the whole concept of non-comittable offers that many other schools play with.

Sure fire talents will get offers.

The issue is the perception of who is a no-duh offer... And if Washington is giving the competition too much if a head start by taking too long to vet a prospect before offering.

Ie: DJ Rogers

For me, idgaf that much anymore because the program is run by high-end coaches and adults so it's going to work out anyways. Whether recruits come from in-state or from Nepal it's gonna work out.

Are you fucking stupid?
    The main problem with our program is the talent and Pete's historical nonchalant (or, sure, let's only recruit slow strategy white people who can't play and say things like 'I don't believe in talent') attitude toward recruiting. If we had been actually trying to recruit Pete's first three years here, we would be ready to win Natties.

As it is now, we are probably 4 years away from having a team without serious, glaring holes from recruiting.

And also you stupid fuck
    , NO ONE GIVES A FUCK WHERE THE RECRUITS COME FROM YOU MORON...

The issue (AS ALWAYS) is expected value of an offer. Go back to fucking Dawgman with this 'coach trusting' and 'I don't care where the recruits come from' fucking bullshit. Anyone who says they don't care where recruits come from re: in-state recruits is a fucking moron. That's one thing I've learned for certain over the past 25 years of following UW recruiting.

Fucking Christ. DIAF.
    You risk losing your reader with this type of an approach
    That’s assuming he gives a fuck
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

And if we don’t do those things we won’t be ready by 2020 either.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,452
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

dnc said:

MindBlown.gif
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    People tend to associate an offer as when a school starts recruiting the athlete. For some schools like Oregon that's the case. Offering late isn't as big of a deal as people here make it out to be when we're building solid relationships with them first. We could be building a relationship with him since 2016, Oregon learns his name in 2018 and extends an offer the next day, then this place melts down. Meanwhile we have 2 years of building his trust, then an offer comes later on in the process and we jump in the lead. I'll start getting worried if we start losing in-state kids under Pete because of late offers to inferior schools like Oregon who offer earlier. Not much you can do about a Stanford offer sometimes.
  • Options
    We are going offer this kid why wait?