Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

D'Andre "DJ" Rogers, 2020 TE, Sammamish (Eastside Catholic), WA

Comments

• Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I don't get the constant bitching and worrying about guys that don't have offers. If the coaches don't want him then they don't want him. If they do, then they'll offer. Simple as that. After everything they've done bringing the program back and ALSO not recruiting guys who come here and get into trouble (assault, rape, DUI, drug dealing, etc.) or guys who come here and don't work hard; you have to trust their judgement. Are they right all the time? No, obviously we have guys like Jason Scrempos and Isaiah Gilchrist on the roster. But those guys are examples of rare mistakes. Mark Redman (6'6 250) is pretty much a UW lock. Jaiden Navarette (6'3 235) and Johnny Wilson (6'5 230) have flex BTE potential and UW has a real chance to get both. I'm not worried about the guys who don't have an offer. Just get the guys who do.

Great last sentence. A recruiting philosophy to live by.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I don't get the constant bitching and worrying about guys that don't have offers. If the coaches don't want him then they don't want him. If they do, then they'll offer. Simple as that. After everything they've done bringing the program back and ALSO not recruiting guys who come here and get into trouble (assault, rape, DUI, drug dealing, etc.) or guys who come here and don't work hard; you have to trust their judgement. Are they right all the time? No, obviously we have guys like Jason Scrempos and Isaiah Gilchrist on the roster. But those guys are examples of rare mistakes. Mark Redman (6'6 250) is pretty much a UW lock. Jaiden Navarette (6'3 235) and Johnny Wilson (6'5 230) have flex BTE potential and UW has a real chance to get both. I'm not worried about the guys who don't have an offer. Just get the guys who do.

Where are you seeing Mark Redman is a lock?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Seriously

Seriously! Great question.

We MIGHT get one of those three mentioned. We’ll get a WTE and he’ll be option #5 out of AZ who we offer in Dec of ‘19.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Reasonable deduction. SC is air raid. Traditional in-line TE's don't fit that offense anymore. Don't think they've even offered him. Stanford hasn't offered either. Probably doesn't have Stanford caliber grades. UW vs UCLA battle. UW is the better program and UCLA doesn't recruit hard enough to win this battle. UW also uses two and three TE sets often. Easy sell. He'd fall into our laps no matter who is recruiting him. Program, academics, Petersen, and offensive scheme should be enough to easily get him.
  • Options

Reasonable deduction. SC is air raid. Traditional in-line TE's don't fit that offense anymore. Don't think they've even offered him. Stanford hasn't offered either. Probably doesn't have Stanford caliber grades. UW vs UCLA battle. UW is the better program and UCLA doesn't recruit hard enough to win this battle. UW also uses two and three TE sets often. Easy sell. He'd fall into our laps no matter who is recruiting him. Program, academics, Petersen, and offensive scheme should be enough to easily get him.
    You follow TE recruiting this year? Lmao
    The program sells itself.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

You follow TE recruiting this year? Lmao
    The program sells itself.
    That’s a good one ballz. You got jokes tonight, keep em coming.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You’ve always been my favorite, classy, Oregon recruiting expert.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I turned on the radio this past weekend, I think Saturday morning, while driving and clicked on to 950. Ecklund was on talking about recruits and he said something about the reason UW hasn't offered Rogers is because there are questions about how much he actually loves playing football. I laughed.
  • Options

I turned on the radio this past weekend, I think Saturday morning, while driving and clicked on to 950. Ecklund was on talking about recruits and he said something about the reason UW hasn't offered Rogers is because there are questions about how much he actually loves playing football. I laughed.

You can't make someone work hard and play hard if their heart isn't in it. If that's the case then so be it. I don't want guys like that on my team. You gotta have that DAWG in you to play for my squad.
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    what the fuck was his "incident" tho...
  • Options
    ZoneUWZoneUW Member Posts: 794
    5 Fuck Offs First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Isiah Gilchrist still might turn the corner, he fucked in high schoool... lets wait and see as they say. yeah scrempos sucks but he's the biggest body on our D-line so that might be good for someting....
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited January 2019

Other than ND and Stanford, ever other school you’d expect us to be competing with has offered. #OKG
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Christ. Just fucking offer him already. I don’t give a shit what he did.

That’s funny, 10/10 blue bloods agree with you!

We should. We won’t.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I just let paopao know what I think about this. Feeling like he will he added to the list of coaches who have blocked me.

Peterman
    Greggory
    Paapao up next?