Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Woodward: will he be a Stone Cold Savage or a wilting flower?

Comments

• LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,825

HFNY said:

I'm in the same boat, they won't let me post on the Hardcore Husky board unless they approve it first. Oh well.

Humor me for a moment: if we beat Cal by 24, then lose @ UCLA by 13, then lose @ OSU by 7, we will be 3-5 in conference. If Woodward doesn't get on board and get rid of Sarkisian, how do we get rid of Woodward then? Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward to act in our and the program's best interests rather than his own?

But will they still take your money?

The Faux lawyers are tuff about the "no refund" policy with the 12 month advance payment. They don't care if the rules changed or if the Nazis take over the bored.

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,174
    whuggy said:

This will sound very odd but our best hope
    is for the Mariners to become decent or better.
    There is only so much disposable income from
    the average fan dedicated to sporting events.
    Currently the Huskies lie in second position for that
    disposable income after the Seahawks. The new
    stadium boost will leave quickly, just like Safeco,
    and REAL Husky fans will want results. I just don't
    see Woodward and the president being happy with
    being third choice for the sports dollar. And I am
    not including the Sounders as that seems to be more
    a niche fan to me. Ultimately if we got the Sonics back
    there would be real pressure on the UW to put out a winning
    product.

The reason not to worry about the Sounders is because they already sell out and can't take a bigger chunk of fans than they already have.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The reason not to worry about the Sounders is that 75% of their fan base is counter-culture hipster pussies that would have no interest in tackle football anyway because it's too violent for their skin tight jeans
  • Tequilla said:

The reason not to worry about the Sounders is that 75% of their fan base is counter-culture hipster pussies that would have no interest in tackle football anyway because it's too violent for their skin tight jeans

Mellow true?!
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

I just don't think it's good enough to complain but to channel that frustration / energy towards getting RESULTS.

Does anyone have any better ideas than mine? Surely some of you are more creative / intelligent than me, right?

I highly doubt that.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,130 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Disagree. I saw one guy at the Cal game* that looks just like the person you described.

*Yes, I hate money.
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,967
    Tequilla said:

The Sounder's owners care a hell of a lot more about winning than the people in charge at UW right now.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,662 Founders Club

Sark on the Mitch KJR show this AM said that the last 4 games of this season will define this football team. Thanks for putting this out there Coach; when we finish 2-2 or 1-3 I want this replayed for him.

It really is a shame nobody in this fucking town ever holds Sark to his statements when he doesn't back it up.

I would have loved after the Alamo Bowl for one reporter to go "Hey coach, since you claimed the season was House Money you guys finished the year losing four out of five. Do you feel like the team took on your attitude that the season didn't matter since you clinched a trip to a bowl game? I thought you said two years ago your goal was to win championships and Rose Bowls when did you change those goals?".
    With a few exceptions, the Seattle-Tacoma-Everett Metroplex media is full of pussies.
    And another thing about this effing thread that keeps coming up every week. Anyone read our Premium partner's summary of Sark's kick-ass presser today and get any sense of urgency that he's even remotely worried about his job if they lay a couple of rotten eggs in the next 4 weeks? He knows he is safe from Poolboy...no clue why anyone would think otherwise.

And I'm sure our recruiting class will generally blow with a bunch of 4* receivers (half of which should be switched to CBs) and only 2 or 3 diamond in the rough OL that no one else really wanted but they will start in 2 years ahead of our no-name OLs that we took the last couple of years.
  • trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    edited November 2013
    Mad_Son said:

whuggy said:

product.

The reason not to worry about the Sounders is because they already sell out and can't take a bigger chunk of fans than they already have.

I'm not sure if this is a whoosh but in case it's not. . .
    The Sounders, for five years in a row, have set MSL average attendance records including this year's 44,000+. If the Huskies aren't worried about this they should be as the two seasons pretty much go on at the same time of year. The Sounder's approach to "incremental progress" has been to slowly expand seating capacity at CenturyLink. There's still plenty of room to expand.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/29/seattle-sounders-break-mls-attendance-record-average-44038-fans-per-game/
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    As much as the huskies suck I will never go to a futbol game over any college football game. I hate Seattle.
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    edited November 2013
    HFNY said:

Great ideas on the Neal Dempsey and Sky Signs!

If a lot of people are paying $1500-$2000 a year on season tickets and other Husky Football related stuff but keep getting Sloppy Seven Win Steve, I imagine someone spending $1,000 to get the loser out of town would be money well spent.

One could also argue that Sarkisian is devaluing our Tyee points by making them worth less in the future since he keeps sucking in conference.

HFNY said:

I just don't think it's good enough to complain but to channel that frustration / energy towards getting RESULTS.

Does anyone have any better ideas than mine? Surely some of you are more creative / intelligent than me, right?

Anything and everything helps, do not give up. As Sark says, "be relentless in your pursuit to gain competitive advantage".

Here's a small idea, FIRE SARK aerial advertising. This guy will fly a 4,000 sq.ft. banner @ 1,000 feet over Husky Stadium for less than $1K. Book him for Apple Cup, 12:30 kickoff on Fox.

http://www.skysigns.com/

Just set up a paypal account and get 20 guys on here to donate $50. I'd happily donate to this worthwhile charity. It's unlikely to work but it would be fucking hilarious and get people talking.
  • death2ducksdeath2ducks Member Posts: 991
    edited November 2013
    HFNY said:

If Sarkisian finishes out the regular season 2-2 and then goes 7-5 with a conference record of 4-5 in his 5th season, will Woodward be a Stone Cold Savage and pay Sarkisian to go away? Or will he refuse to admit Sarkisian wasn't the best hire, dig in to cover his own ass, and give him an unearned 6th season?

So would our best win be against Arizona? Does a head-coach deserve to come back for a 6th season when the entire roster is his, he has a RS-SR at QB, and enjoyed 17 returning starters?

And if Woodward doesn't do what is in OUR (Hardcore Husky Fans) interests, then what do we do? Do we get rid of him too?

Yes
    No
    Yes
    No
    Fire Him
    See Thad the Fag Turner

Sark getting fired is NOT Woodward failing. Sark was Woodward's 37th choice. Sark got us out of a hole. "Thanks Sark, you got paid VERY WELL for 5 years." "Don't let the door hit you in the ass."

This idea that Woodward would be embarrassed to fire Sark is complete Bull Shit. Steinbrenner fired every manager he ever hired, except the last one. It's no big fucking deal. Nobody expected Sark to be the next Don James, and he isn't.

The ubers know that. They run businesses. They've fired plenty of people that they hired. Do they resign after? LMAO

The Regents know it too. Did the Regents resign after they fired McCormick? They hired him didn't they?

Five years ago, Woodward couldn't hire shit. Now he can trade up. Shit, just blame Emmert. Say that Emmert hired Sark and fire his ass. Or blame George Bush. That still works after 5 years doesn't it?

What's the big fucking deal?

Now go tell Fatters that he's a giant fat fuck, and tell Kim he's a queer, so they throw your ass out of Doog Town.
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

HFNY said:

Great ideas on the Neal Dempsey and Sky Signs!

If a lot of people are paying $1500-$2000 a year on season tickets and other Husky Football related stuff but keep getting Sloppy Seven Win Steve, I imagine someone spending $1,000 to get the loser out of town would be money well spent.

One could also argue that Sarkisian is devaluing our Tyee points by making them worth less in the future since he keeps sucking in conference.

HFNY said:

Anything and everything helps, do not give up. As Sark says, "be relentless in your pursuit to gain competitive advantage".

Here's a small idea, FIRE SARK aerial advertising. This guy will fly a 4,000 sq.ft. banner @ 1,000 feet over Husky Stadium for less than $1K. Book him for Apple Cup, 12:30 kickoff on Fox.

http://www.skysigns.com/

Just set up a paypal account and get 20 guys on here to donate $50. I'd happily donate to this worthwhile charity. It's unlikely to work but it would be fucking hilarious and get people talking.
    I'll donate in a hearbeat. I hate money anyway as an anti-Sark Dm.c member.
  • DonLosDonLos Member Posts: 17
    tracker said:

Mad_Son said:

whuggy said:

product.

I'm not sure if this is a whoosh but in case it's not. . .
    The Sounders, for five years in a row, have set MSL average attendance records including this year's 44,000+. If the Huskies aren't worried about this they should be as the two seasons pretty much go on at the same time of year. The Sounder's approach to "incremental progress" has been to slowly expand seating capacity at CenturyLink. There's still plenty of room to expand.

http://prosoccertalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/29/seattle-sounders-break-mls-attendance-record-average-44038-fans-per-game/
    I agree that it should be a concern long term.

I went down to Safeco last summer and couldn't believe the traffic. All the free spots were gone. Ton of people on the street walking to the ballpark. Then I realized all the kids were carrying scarves not mitts. The Sounders were playing at the same time.

Kids who grow up playing and watching soccer are going to be a hard target for team that has been mediocre to poor for 20 years.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    HH,

If Sigi isn't fired after the Sounders DIAF in Portland on Thursday, then you can't claim that they care more about winning than the Huskies do at this point.

You could argue that Sigi should have been fired after last season.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,849 Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

HH,

If Sigi isn't fired after the Sounders DIAF in Portland on Thursday, then you can't claim that they care more about winning than the Huskies do at this point.

Is Sigi the best soccer coach on the best staff in America?
    Tequilla said:

HH,

I can claim whatever I want. Not sure if they will or not, but its a much better chance than Sark getting fired this year. Their problem is who do you bring in...with Sark I can name 4 or 5 guys that would jump at the chance and have already demonstrated better coaching skills. With replacing Sigi...its a gamble. If I was them I'd throw money at Bradley but I don't think he'd come back...other than him what coach can they hire that will be a step up? No chance of Kreis, Porter, Vermes, or Arena coming in...rest of the MLS coaches are meh. They will probably have to take a gamble on either a random overseas coach which never has worked out well for a MLS team or hire an MLS assistant or MLS former player with no track record which is a crapshoot, and doesn't fit their MO of needing to win ASAP (and sounds a lot like how we got stuck with Sark in the first place).

IMHO the owner effed up by bringing Dempsey in (wasn't Sigi I don't think)...horrible contract, screwed up team chemistry, and they really don't have a spot for him on the field with their current roster without displacing several other guys. EJ is about as mature as Sark, and with them paying Dempsey that kind of money there was no way he was going to be a happy camper. You're going to see a ton of turnover on that roster whatever happens. Wish the Dynamo would have traded Moffat for Neagle...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited November 2013
    Tequilla said:

HH,

In one post you talk about how Sounders fans are pussies, and now you are talking about them firing their coach? Are you one of the hipsters that follows the Sounders?