Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Woodward: will he be a Stone Cold Savage or a wilting flower?

HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
If Sarkisian finishes out the regular season 2-2 and then goes 7-5 with a conference record of 4-5 in his 5th season, will Woodward be a Stone Cold Savage and pay Sarkisian to go away? Or will he refuse to admit Sarkisian wasn't the best hire, dig in to cover his own ass, and give him an unearned 6th season?

If the 4 games play out like Vegas sees, then his wins will be:

Boise State (6-3, best win over Utah State)
Illinois (3-5, 0-4 in conference, best win against Cincinnati)
Idaho State (not Division 1)
Arizona (6-2, 3-2 in conference, best win against Utah)
Cal (1-8, 0-7 in conference)
Colorado (3-5, 0-5 in conference, best win against Colorado State)
WSU (4-5, 2-4 in conference, best win against a Kiffin coached USC early in the season)

So would our best win be against Arizona? Does a head-coach deserve to come back for a 6th season when the entire roster is his, he has a RS-SR at QB, and enjoyed 17 returning starters?

I just want to see someone not named HuskyClaus try to defend Sarkisian from Woodward's point of view.

And if Woodward doesn't do what is in OUR (Hardcore Husky Fans) interests, then what do we do? Do we get rid of him too?

Comments

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    Yes.

No.

Yes.

P.s. Thanks for fighting the good fight at doogman. My posts now require moderator approval after supporting some of your viewpoints.
  • RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    HFNY said:

If Sarkisian finishes out the regular season 2-2 and then goes 7-5 with a conference record of 4-5 in his 5th season, will Woodward be a Stone Cold Savage and pay Sarkisian to go away? Or will he refuse to admit Sarkisian wasn't the best hire, dig in to cover his own ass, and give him an unearned 6th season?

If the 4 games play out like Vegas sees, then his wins will be:

Boise State (6-3, best win over Utah State)
    Illinois (3-5, 0-4 in conference, best win against Cincinnati)
    Idaho State (not Division 1)
    Arizona (6-2, 3-2 in conference, best win against Utah)
    Cal (1-8, 0-7 in conference)
    Colorado (3-5, 0-5 in conference, best win against Colorado State)
    WSU (4-5, 2-4 in conference, best win against a Kiffin coached USC early in the season)

So would our best win be against Arizona? Does a head-coach deserve to come back for a 6th season when the entire roster is his, he has a RS-SR at QB, and enjoyed 17 returning starters?

I just want to see someone not named HuskyClaus try to defend Sarkisian from Woodward's point of view.

And if Woodward doesn't do what is in OUR (Hardcore Husky Fans) interests, then what do we do? Do we get rid of him too?

Sounds like you have an agenda.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    I'm in the same boat, they won't let me post on the Hardcore Husky board unless they approve it first. Oh well.

Humor me for a moment: if we beat Cal by 24, then lose @ UCLA by 13, then lose @ OSU by 7, we will be 3-5 in conference. If Woodward doesn't get on board and get rid of Sarkisian, how do we get rid of Woodward then? Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward to act in our and the program's best interests rather than his own?
  • MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    HFNY said:

I'm in the same boat, they won't let me post on the Hardcore Husky board unless they approve it first. Oh well.

My timeout is done but still cannot post on the hardcore groupthink board without a moderator blessing, either.

• sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    HFNY said:

Humor me for a moment: if we beat Cal by 24, then lose @ UCLA by 13, then lose @ OSU by 7, we will be 3-5 in conference. If Woodward doesn't get on board and get rid of Sarkisian, how do we get rid of Woodward then? Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward to act in our and the program's best interests rather than his own?

First of all, save your energy. The only drama surrounding Sark's contract is the length of the extension and size of the raise.

Secondly, Husky foosball is global now. Nobody wants to acknowlege the positive impact Sark has had on recruiting Asian students.

Third, look at the new stadium. It doesn't get built without Sark, simple fact
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    HFNY said:

But will they still take your money?
    Because I think it's important for Hardcore Fans who want to strive for more continue to read opinions that don't toe the party line.

I kind of feel sorry for the DM.com guys (please don't hate me for saying that)...they just aren't in the best spot right now...they probably know deep down that Sarkisian isn't "The Guy" but they rely on his and Woodward's good graces for program access, "insider" knowledge, and coach/player interviews.
    If Woodward won't get rid of Sarkisian even if we finish 4-5 in conference, which is a regression back to 2009 even though the entire roster is his now, then how do we get rid of Woodward?

If he doesn't make the right decision for the program, then would that lend even more credence to the idea that he is a politico who somehow worked his way into an AD role?

http://www.gohuskies.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30200&ATCLID=208229301
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Because I think it's important for Hardcore Fans who want to strive for more continue to read opinions that don't toe the party line.

I kind of feel sorry for the DM.com guys (please don't hate me for saying that)...they just aren't in the best spot right now...they probably know deep down that Sarkisian isn't "The Guy" but they rely on his and Woodward's good graces for program access, "insider" knowledge, and coach/player interviews.

Inside access is the biggest load of bs. All they do is follow twitter and hound recruits a bunch of times. Maybe get an interview here or there with sark every few years and a couple of assistants in the off season. That has very little to do with the success of their site.

These toolbags just like to feel "in the know" and be around the program for their own egos. I can get better info that has actually been put through multiple sources on the Seattle Times Blog.

• Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    HFNY said:

Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward the Gubmint to act in our and the program's country's best interests rather than their own?

See how this works? Doogs are like fucking Obamacrats. Here is your answer...Nothing! They don't care about our interests.
    Sark says "we're closing the gap" after getting hammered on the road, by an unranked opponent, for the 3rd straight year. And after the 3 game dreckfest for the 4th straight year.

It's not that Sarkingham believes this shit....it's that he knows all of the doogs will.
    What we can do is absolutely nothing...I suggest taking up golf or fishing on Saturdays.

I just don't think it's good enough to complain but to channel that frustration / energy towards getting RESULTS.

Does anyone have any better ideas than mine? Surely some of you are more creative / intelligent than me, right?
    Not go to the games would be the biggest thing you can do. I remember when people said this before they were fearful of losing their seats once they came back on the bandwagon.

We can't fill the stadium as it is anyways. I am sure that they are going to have less student section tickets going forward anyways since they only fill about half of that section.

Just stop buying tickets. An empty stadium is our only hope. THey will realize that nobody is going to go to the games a few games into next year and as soon as sark loses you will start to hear about how he has lost the team and doesn't work hard, you know all the same cliches you heard with tyrone. And we will be well on are way to 3-6.
  • Haid_D_SalaamiHaid_D_Salaami Member Posts: 541
    edited November 2013
    But doogs will go....will by tickets...will continue to happily lap up any shit Sark and Pool Boy shovel their way. And at the end of the rainbow there will always be the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl Classic and a "special" next year.

Unless Sark totally implodes (0-12 like) it's a lost cause...
    I still think one could rationally make the argument that hiring a very good head-coach would actually be better for future revenue streams than keeping our current in-over-his-head-OC-for-only-two-years HC.
    Doogs will go but the stadium is full of handouts and empty student section. They will give free tickets to all the high school bands and all that crap but it will start to drain on the finances. With the shit schedule people are not going to just keep showing up for a bad product on the field. And if they do the prices will significantly drop. I remember the attendance in the Ty era was horrible but it got inflated by ohio state, boise state, notre dame, and oklahoma brining in tons of fans. Georgia State and Hawaii and all these crap schools will not produce attendance. They have a stadium to pay off now which is a lot different and before. I don't have the math but I am guessing that 45k to 55k a game is not going to be enough to pay it off.