Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Scott Woodward: will he be a Stone Cold Savage or a wilting flower?

Comments

• AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,065 Standard Supporter
    section8 said:

HFNY said:

Because I think it's important for Hardcore Fans who want to strive for more continue to read opinions that don't toe the party line.

I kind of feel sorry for the DM.com guys (please don't hate me for saying that)...they just aren't in the best spot right now...they probably know deep down that Sarkisian isn't "The Guy" but they rely on his and Woodward's good graces for program access, "insider" knowledge, and coach/player interviews.

The irony there is that their website would probably be more successful if the weren't trying to kiss so much ass and were actually honest about the state of things but half the subscribers there only want to read feel good info and the other half are stalking teenagers.

This
  • If we finish 4-5, Woodward is full of shit because he was pretty clear in a Seattle Times chat that he expected improvements. He was asked about 7-6 and 5-4, and said he would not give a win total, but he expected more wins. Of course, he will have bullshit excuses like tough road schedule, banged up Price, incremental progress in other areas, stability, etc. I think we are fucked.

Woodward like Sark is always full of shit and full of excuses. He'll bring Sark back at 7 wins.

RIP REAL Washington Football.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    HFNY said:

I'm in the same boat, they won't let me post on the Hardcore Husky board unless they approve it first. Oh well.

Humor me for a moment: if we beat Cal by 24, then lose @ UCLA by 13, then lose @ OSU by 7, we will be 3-5 in conference. If Woodward doesn't get on board and get rid of Sarkisian, how do we get rid of Woodward then? Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward to act in our and the program's best interests rather than his own?

Should that scenario play out, a REAL athletic director would have Cozzetto coach the Apple Cup and the bowl game.
  • HFNY said:

I'm in the same boat, they won't let me post on the Hardcore Husky board unless they approve it first. Oh well.

Humor me for a moment: if we beat Cal by 24, then lose @ UCLA by 13, then lose @ OSU by 7, we will be 3-5 in conference. If Woodward doesn't get on board and get rid of Sarkisian, how do we get rid of Woodward then? Organize a march? Organize a press conference? What can we do to get Woodward to act in our and the program's best interests rather than his own?

Should that scenario play out, a REAL athletic director would have Cozzetto coach the Apple Cup and the bowl game.
    A REAL athletic director would have given Sark his walking papers after last years Apple Cup and let Cozzetto coach the bowl game.

Then this year we might have actually had a good fucking season.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

HFNY said:

A REAL athletic director would have given Sark his walking papers after last years Apple Cup and let Cozzetto coach the bowl game.

True, or better yet, shitcanned him after the 2011 Alamo Bowel.
  • HFNY said:

True, or better yet, shitcanned him after the 2011 Alamo Bowel.
    Instead we have an A.D. who is more over his head than Sark so we get to hear constantly about "incremental progress".

UW football hasn't had a good A.D. since Lude. Although sadly Hedges was our best A.D. since Lude(not saying much I know).
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,686 Standard Supporter
    Am I asking too much in asking for potential solutions if we find ourselves 3-5 in conference after the OSU game? Will Woodward act and if not, how can we force him to act or force him out?
  • TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    HFNY said:

I just don't think it's good enough to complain but to channel that frustration / energy towards getting RESULTS.

Does anyone have any better ideas than mine? Surely some of you are more creative / intelligent than me, right?

Here's something to consider that's more intellegent than your strength-of-schedule once removed performance analysis:

Would Sarkisian as a former offensive coordinator with no previous head coaching experience have done better replacing Mike Bellotti at Oregon than he has done in replacing Tyrone Willingham at UW? Think of it as the Woody Factor as in Do It the Oregon Way or if you prefer,..... Oregon's Academics Are Embarrassing.

If this is confusing for you, the point I'm trying to make is that when you know something about major college football, silly questions such as you've posted here won't be necessary for forming a conclusion about whether or not Sark is the head football coach we need and deserve.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dnc said:

section8 said:

HFNY said:

Because I think it's important for Hardcore Fans who want to strive for more continue to read opinions that don't toe the party line.

I kind of feel sorry for the DM.com guys (please don't hate me for saying that)...they just aren't in the best spot right now...they probably know deep down that Sarkisian isn't "The Guy" but they rely on his and Woodward's good graces for program access, "insider" knowledge, and coach/player interviews.

The irony there is that their website would probably be more successful if the weren't trying to kiss so much ass and were actually honest about the state of things but half the subscribers there only want to read feel good info and the other half are stalking teenagers.

Kim might not hate money, but revenue is clearly not his priority. Anyone who read the bullshit he spewed when he waged war against the free boreds and finally won can tell you that. Ever gone to their site and not seen ads? It's never happened once, at least not in the last decade. But he wants us to believe that clicks don't generate any income? Please.

Kim is motivated by one thing - he wants to feel important, specifically to the athletic department. He will destroy Husky football and eventually even Dawgman in pursuit of that significance. His priorities are completely ego driven.

This is why Dave made the ultimate mistake in turning over the keys to Kim.

I miss DAWGMAN, dammit.

RIP

You've had a rough year, DNC.

So you are saying that Woodward talking about Oregon's dumpster academics was revealing in the sense that as long as we go to a bowl game, he will keep Sarkisian no matter what? And if that's true, there's no sense in debating Sarkisian and Woodward anymore?

Tailgater said:

HFNY said:

I just don't think it's good enough to complain but to channel that frustration / energy towards getting RESULTS.

Does anyone have any better ideas than mine? Surely some of you are more creative / intelligent than me, right?

Here's something to consider that's more intellegent than your strength-of-schedule once removed performance analysis:

Would Sarkisian as a former offensive coordinator with no previous head coaching experience have done better replacing Mike Bellotti at Oregon than he has done in replacing Tyrone Willingham at UW? Think of it as the Woody Factor as in Do It the Oregon Way or if you prefer,..... Oregon's Academics Are Embarrassing.

If this is confusing for you, the point I'm trying to make is that when you know something about major college football, silly questions such as you've posted here won't be necessary for forming a conclusion about whether or not Sark is the head football coach we need and deserve.
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    This will sound very odd but our best hope
    is for the Mariners to become decent or better.
    There is only so much disposable income from
    the average fan dedicated to sporting events.
    Currently the Huskies lie in second position for that
    disposable income after the Seahawks. The new
    stadium boost will leave quickly, just like Safeco,
    and REAL Husky fans will want results. I just don't
    see Woodward and the president being happy with
    being third choice for the sports dollar. And I am
    not including the Sounders as that seems to be more
    a niche fan to me. Ultimately if we got the Sonics back
    there would be real pressure on the UW to put out a winning
    product.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    HFNY said:

Am I asking too much in asking for potential solutions if we find ourselves 3-5 in conference after the OSU game? Will Woodward act and if not, how can we force him to act or force him out?

Neal Dempsey has a blog, twitter and other contact info on his work website.

I'd start by contacting him. He is a big fan. Maybe if we could write a letter and send to him.

Maybe we could send him a letter and report with our due diligence on why Sark isn't the guy.

Maybe I could do an online petition and address it to Dempsey with all the signatures at the bottom.

Just thinking out loud but I think contacting Dempsey is the best strategy. He is a huge fan and a huge donor and has the ear of Woodward.

I might start working on a fire sark website.
  • Homebrew_DawgHomebrew_Dawg Member Posts: 1,650
    What's this "incremental progress" all about? Obamacare for Washington Football?
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    Sark on the Mitch KJR show this AM said that the last 4 games of this season will define this football team. Thanks for putting this out there Coach; when we finish 2-2 or 1-3 I want this replayed for him.
    Great ideas on the Neal Dempsey and Sky Signs!

If a lot of people are paying $1500-$2000 a year on season tickets and other Husky Football related stuff but keep getting Sloppy Seven Win Steve, I imagine someone spending $1,000 to get the loser out of town would be money well spent.

One could also argue that Sarkisian is devaluing our Tyee points by making them worth less in the future since he keeps sucking in conference.

HFNY said:

Anything and everything helps, do not give up. As Sark says, "be relentless in your pursuit to gain competitive advantage".

Here's a small idea, FIRE SARK aerial advertising. This guy will fly a 4,000 sq.ft. banner @ 1,000 feet over Husky Stadium for less than $1K. Book him for Apple Cup, 12:30 kickoff on Fox.

http://www.skysigns.com/

• MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685

Sark on the Mitch KJR show this AM said that the last 4 games of this season will define this football team. Thanks for putting this out there Coach; when we finish 2-2 or 1-3 I want this replayed for him.

While you're at it, why don't you remind Coach of this out of area interview from early in the 2011 season.

http://www.denverpost.com/colleges/ci_18688628?source=bb

"Steve Sarkisian has Washington thinking about Rose Bowls" (Aug, 2011).

• mobeymobey Member Posts: 3,254
    Hey haven't you been told?

Sark is really smart.

He'll get it figured out.