Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remind me about our NY6 chances...

Comments

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,130
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

whlinder said:

I'd also like to see how we stack up to Georgia if Georgia loses again today.

Their ND win is better than our WSU win, but not significantly. Their next best win is Miss St, who is 24, while we beat #25 Fresno. So if Fresno wins they may jump over Miss St.

Of course, Georgia got blown the fuck out in their loss, and hopefully do so again today, while we lost closely and stupidly. Wonder if the committee gets to the details of "Washington lost twice, both on road, once on a short week and once against a team coming off a bye, and lost both by 1 score."

If I'm looking for the pretty bowl win over the big name team that's not really that good, I'm looking to draw Penn State or Georgia pretty much anywhere.

Georgia is in my view the biggest name/pretender combo out there. PSU right behind them.

Drawing Bamers to me is the biggest nightmare. Ohio State and Urban scare me until they don't. Anyone who gets a W over Wisky will get the "yeah, they were exposed; shitty schedule, blah blah blah" response.
    I'd like to draw any team that runs the Air Raid.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I want to play PSU.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Memphis winning would boost our chances as well. Crazy game going on right now.
  • Options

Memphis winning would boost our chances as well. Crazy game going on right now.

I don't think that affects anything becuz they are already in.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Oh. True they are.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

UCF is headed to a NY6 but without a headcoach

bittersweet

They are so getting ass-blasted.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,603
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    The results so far are really good for UW.

Playing UCF would be lame though...
  • Options
    Swaye said:

No winning in that scenario. I mean yeah, if you win you get the hardware of a major bowl win, but everyone will always think it's a bullshit trophy. Lose and you are a team of shitbags. I want Georgia in the Cotton. Perfect scenario.
    I do too
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

No winning in that scenario. I mean yeah, if you win you get the hardware of a major bowl win, but everyone will always think it's a bullshit trophy. Lose and you are a team of shitbags. I want Georgia in the Cotton. Perfect scenario.

Winning vs UCF would still be a million times better than the Holiday or Alamo though.

No one in 5 years will care who the game was played against. Win a trophy and pop off.
    Oh no, you are correct. The hardware from a major bowl lasts forever, and in 10 years nobody will remember anything about who you played, only that you got that big ass Cotton Bowl trophy in the case. But lose, and our Duck friends will give us shit for that entire duckade.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Well, things couldn't go a whole lot better. Tree lost, but close, and TCU got face raped. Would of been nice if Tree had lost by 20, but we are in decent shape I guess. UCF had to score 60+ to win, and they are a fucking joke. Sucks they get an auto bid.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I think TCU is out, and with UCF in, that leaves us or Tree for the last spot?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Getting punished for playing in a CCG isn’t quite fair, but TCU is confirmed as middle tier trash now. Them getting in over us would be a travesty. I hope Stanford doesn’t get serious consideration either, and don’t think they will with four losses (they were overrated at #12 to begin with). Right now I think you have to like ours odds of going to Dallas.

I like the way you think.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    digits said:

Regardless, Cohen better be working her ass off to lobby for UW cuz we all damn well know that pussy Larry Scott won't... he signed a contract extension last March thru 2022 too. Fukin great.

That is a lot of ass to work off.
  • Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,418
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

digits said:

Regardless, Cohen better be working her ass off to lobby for UW cuz we all damn well know that pussy Larry Scott won't... he signed a contract extension last March thru 2022 too. Fukin great.

That is a lot of ass to work off.
    Teed that one up for ya.