Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Remind me about our NY6 chances...

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,961
    LebamDawg said:

What are the NY6 games anyway - Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Peach, Cotton, and Rose? and hell Cotton isn't palyed on NYday anyway

Cotton slipped to second-tier status years ago. I don't recall why. They were never in the BCS rotation. Something happened there. I agree that it sounds better than the Taco Bell shit bowl.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

What are the NY6 games anyway - Fiesta, Orange, Sugar, Peach, Cotton, and Rose? and hell Cotton isn't palyed on NYday anyway

Cotton slipped to second-tier status years ago. I don't recall why. They were never in the BCS rotation. Something happened there. I agree that it sounds better than the Taco Bell shit bowl.
    But they were kind of elevated again in this latest rendition. It's like someone remembered that the Cotton Bowl used to be one of the big ones, but when the Southwest Xonference went KABOOM it just kind of melted away. Cotton was HUGE back in the day, and they have tried hard to rebirth it to make the playoff work right I think. They need 6 tier 1 bowls now, so presto, pull the one that used to be a biggie but got sort of forgotten about the off log pile and stoke it.

Swaye said:

Okay, so we wanted USC over Tree. Done.

Now we also want Wisconsin over Ohio State?
    And Oklahomo over TCU?

What else helps us?

Also, if all of this happens, what are our chances?

81 or 19%
    Beats 5?
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Beats 5? thats the over under
    LebamDawg said:

Beats 5? thats the over under

that'sthejoke.gif
    Swaye said:

LebamDawg said:

But they were kind of elevated again in this latest rendition. It's like someone remembered that the Cotton Bowl used to be one of the big ones, but when the Southwest Xonference went KABOOM it just kind of melted away. Cotton was HUGE back in the day, and they have tried hard to rebirth it to make the playoff work right I think. They need 6 tier 1 bowls now, so presto, pull the one that used to be a biggie but got sort of forgotten about the off log pile and stoke it.
    i got wood. is that bad??
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Frost is coaching the bowl game which would make the matchup vs UCF a lot more interesting
    edited December 2017

Adding the Cotton Bowl to the Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl puts us with USC, Texas, and Miami for that little trifecta

I need the canes to win a Fiesta, which has been an absolutely cursed place for them. The nature of both losses are so much worse than just getting your ass kicked. Easier to move on from the latter than the way they lost those two.

Fuck you for making me remember that.

While we're on this, has anybody won them all? Including fiesta and suga?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,484 Founders Club

Adding the Cotton Bowl to the Rose Bowl and Orange Bowl puts us with USC, Texas, and Miami for that little trifecta

I need the canes to win a Fiesta, which has been an absolutely cursed place for them. The nature of both losses are so much worse than just getting your ass kicked. Easier to move on from the latter than the way they lost those two.

Possibly Penn State

Possibly Penn State
    Ugh. Fuck those guysm.

Possibly Penn State
    Good pull. Probably true. Fucking pederasts.

Yahoo has UW vs PSU in the Cotton, and so does SBNation

This would be fucking awesome
    Even better than Georgia! Oh man, the chance to kill those faggots in a major bowl. Please Lord.
  • TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,786 Swaye's Wigwam

Would you rather play in a NY6 and face UCF or play a team like TCU in the Alamo Bowl?

Always go for the better bowl. Always. NOGAF who you played.
    dflea said:

It would be pretty cool to buttfuck them and give Pedo State a taste of their own medicine.
    A 2 M?
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,490 Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

This would be fucking awesome
    Even better than Georgia! Oh man, the chance to kill those faggots in a major bowl. Please Lord.
    The only issue is if we somehow lose to Pedo State. That would piss me off to no end.