Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

JONATHAN SMITH IS BEAVERS HEAD COACH!!!!

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    i love how he changed his twatter to oregon head coach sec the word was out. praise to allah
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    So over at the Doogpound's Smiff thread this one poaster is trying to convince me the Husky passing offense was better than the rush offense this year. Multiple other poasters frequently chime in to tell me to stop bashing the Huskies when I say Browning's Utah stats didn't reflect his overall performance (see: Gaskin 74 yard TD that should have been a pick-6).

lol
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Please God, hire Slingblade.

UW will be even more pass happy and a bunch of pussies.

I think Pete has upgraded us when he's made new hires.
    Do you think Malloe is an upgrade over Jeff Choate?
    Honestly, I'm going to LIPO on recruiting this year. If we don't get T&T - that's a clear problem. If we do, then maybe we did.

I've been harder on Malloe than anyone, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

We shall see.
    I was going to say...if we end up with 2 of Taimani, Togai, or Tremblay along with Draco, that's a better haul than Choate ever had.

Choate's praise for getting Levi and identifying Gaines is well deserved. He also brought us Ricky McCoy, Scrempos, and Shane Bowman.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    God babuskha is so ugly.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,643
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

Honestly, I'm going to LIPO on recruiting this year. If we don't get T&T - that's a clear problem. If we do, then maybe we did.

I've been harder on Malloe than anyone, but I'm always happy to be proven wrong.

We shall see.
    I was going to say...if we end up with 2 of Taimani, Togai, or Tremblay along with Draco, that's a better haul than Choate ever had.

Choate's praise for getting Levi and identifying Gaines is well deserved. He also brought us Ricky McCoy, Scrempos, and Shane Bowman.
    It's not over for any of those guys. Zero expectation that any will be standouts, but there's a stupid assumption about the interior DL depth that's prevalent on this board...the assumption that guys not seeing the field are hopeless. I know one or two posters actually go to practices and/or know somebody that knows somebody with inside info but most are just assuming or parroting what they've read here.

I don't quite buy in yet. UW had three future draft picks eating up snaps last year (maybe String makes it 4?) and two destroyers this year (3 or 4 future NFL guys counting Levi O and String?). Not seeing meaningful snaps as an underclassman with that kind of quality ahead of you doesn't always mean you suck or have no potential.

We'll see in the next few months. If those players mentioned are still on the roster for spring I'll assume the assumption is off the mark.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    Standard Supporter
    chuck said:

Passion said:

Mosster47 said:

We shall see.

It's not over for any of those guys. Zero expectation that any will be standouts, but there's a stupid assumption about the interior DL depth that's prevalent on this board...the assumption that guys not seeing the field are hopeless. I know one or two posters actually go to practices and/or know somebody that knows somebody with inside info but most are just assuming or parroting what they've read here.

I don't quite buy in yet. UW had three future draft picks eating up snaps last year (maybe String makes it 4?) and two destroyers this year (3 or 4 future NFL guys counting Levi O and String?). Not seeing meaningful snaps as an underclassman with that kind of quality ahead of you doesn't always mean you suck or have no potential.

We'll see in the next few months. If those players mentioned are still on the roster for spring I'll assume the assumption is off the mark.
    Oh believe me, I'm the first one to point out when people stupidly say a kid should LEAVE when he's not starting as a RS frosh. I was pointing out that none of those guys were big recruiting victories.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

So over at the Doogpound's Smiff thread this one poaster is trying to convince me the Husky passing offense was better than the rush offense this year. Multiple other poasters frequently chime in to tell me to stop bashing the Huskies when I say Browning's Utah stats didn't reflect his overall performance (see: Gaskin 74 yard TD that should have been a pick-6).

lol

I went there for the first time in like a year the other day and there was a massive debate around whether a position coach was responsible for closing recruits for his position. Essentially dooging in defense of Malloe. I laughed and closed it. There should be a baseline of knowledge or general competence before any discourse.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited November 2017
    Gladstone said:

lol

I went there for the first time in like a year the other day and there was a massive debate around whether a position coach was responsible for closing recruits for his position. Essentially dooging in defense of Malloe. I laughed and closed it. There should be a baseline of knowledge or general competence before any discourse.
    Everyone on Doogpound is a senile old man.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dhdawg said:

dnc said:

dhdawg said:

Why has Baldwin not been brought up? Bad option or not realistic?

He's been brought up
    Yeah I Brian kelly'd that
    I think you mean you Brian Kelly'd that.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I'm assuming Smiff only took the OSU job because Petersen gave him the heads up that he was leaving for the Tennessee job....
  • Options
    Gladstone said:

lol

not going to lie, nearly vomited on my keyboard when I read that thread
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    With all the names thrown out in this thread. I'm surprised Gruden hasn't been mentioned too.

Petersen isn't going outside his coaching tree in this hire.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

lol

not going to lie, nearly vomited on my keyboard when I read that thread
    Dude you poast over there.
    guilty, but I'm usually the one getting yelled at for not dooging it up (which was literally the case in this thread).
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,372
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Not sure why Hamdan would leave the NFL to be OC at Washington, but maybe he would. Still, not sure he is coordinator material. Yet.

Not excited about SlingBlade. Let him fry some taters elsewhere.

Don't want Lubick to assume the position. (Ha, see what I did there.)

The Tui talk is kind of weird because that's not how Peterman works (hiring DAWGS!!!!!!).

Troy Taylor? Meh.

Baldwin? Will he run the ball?

I don't get a boner with any of these guys. Maybe a naked photo of Jennifer Aniston from Friends heyday will do the trick ...
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Who is Stanford’s OC? Why aren’t we getting him?
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Gladstone said:

lol

I should send them a fruit basket
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

lol

I should send them a second Tyrone stint