Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Vol fans convinced Petersen is heading to Tennessee

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    You know honestly it’s just crazy that no coach wants to go there all things considered. They seem very rational.
  • Options
    RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

And just in case any of you are interested in an outside perspective, most people in the profession believe Tennessee should be focusing on a young, hungry coaching talent eager to make a name for himself. The way you get through these distractions and storylines is by bringing on ambition big enough to crush them.

Good luck.

I believe what you have to say about Petersen. He seems content there minus the issues with scheduling late night games...

I hope that's the case and ol' Tenersee sets their sites on Brown or Norvell. Honestly I'd prefer Brown, but that's just me. I floated the idea by VN and they weren't very receptive. I've bumped the thread twice and it's hit the second page in less than 30 minutes. Everyone is in full freak out mode and it gets worse day-by-day.

Bruce Pearl is tanned, rested and ready.

Fuck, how did Jen Cohen not hire this guy?!?!
    Sexual assault is imminent in that photo.

Christ, I hope so. Damn.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,997
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

A thread about Jim Tressell now. This is beyond pathetic lol.

Sad to see how far Vol nation has fallen.
    I think by sad you mean "highly entertaining"

Even as a life long Vol fan, I'm beyond getting emotionally upset over our ADs incompetence and our fans down right stupid suggestions. Apathy has completely set in. Darkness is life.
    You are welcome to become a reverse Derek Johnson and now closely follow UW.
  • Options
    RockyBottomRockyBottom Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper 5 Up Votes
    looks like fuckstick AD might be trying to get Doeren hired overnight so as to not rile to Vol masses. half the team now following him on twitter.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    biak1 said:

Even as a life long Vol fan, I'm beyond getting emotionally upset over our ADs incompetence and our fans down right stupid suggestions. Apathy has completely set in. Darkness is life.
    @RockyBottom has followed this program for a long time.

Five star alt
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

biak1 said:

@RockyBottom has followed this program for a long time.

Five star alt
    The "I came!" comment in the story of special harassment thread made that pretty obvious. Then again, I read a lot of Hardy Boys books as a youngster.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I probably shouldn't be doing this, but having never before witnessed such over-the-top reactions to utterly unsubstantiated rumors in all my life, I feel compelled to inject a dose of reality into this world...

I've had a working relationship with Chris Petersen for the last 2.5 years. I can assure you, with absolute certainty, not only has he never had an ounce of interest in the Tennessee job, he has no interest in leaving Washington at all.

A few comically incorrect assertions made on this forum I can clear up right now:

1. The notion he has a bad relationship with the AD is totally absurd. Chris and Jen not only work well together, but the athletic department bends over backwards to accommodate any suggestion or request made by the football staff. There is mutual respect and appreciation on both sides, and anyone implying otherwise is flat out lying or been lied to.

2. The belief Chris is dissatisfied or frustrated with a perceived "lack of exposure," is equally as comedic as the misconceptions listed above. His complaint was specific, and addressed an issue that hadn't occurred until this year. He was frustrated by he fact up until that point in the season, his team hadn't played a single game that started before 8PM Eastern time. The issue had nothing to do with the school, but with the conference TV deal, which has been justifiably ripped apart by anyone who's taken the time to study it. It was an unprecedented scheduling pattern he's been told will change next season.

3. Chris is unhappy with his pay. Again, just hilarious. During the last contract negotiation which extended his agreement through 2023, he didn't even make himself the focus. The biggest variable during discussions was actually the pay of his assistants, which resulted in one becoming the highest paid assistant coach in the program history. Again, Chris pretty much gets what he wants.

4. Petersen is looking to leave Washington. Laughably incorrect. He loves the area, loves the school, loves the community, and feels the media isn't oppressive or overbearing. Washington was always a destination spot for him, as it affords him the opportunity to run a big program while also having room to breathe. He is an internally driven man with little patience for addressing outside expectations. It all just fits.

Furthermore, just on a personal level, the idea of secret discussions would make Petersen sick. If he had interest in another job to the point he engaged in discussions, he would be up front and notify Jen - it's just his style. In turn, preparations would have been made within the offices for a possible departure, and that never happened. It was business as usual up here, because Chris leaving wasn't a potententiality that required attention.

Here's what I can tell you. Contact was made, just like prior years from USC and Texas, and they were politely turned away. I don't know if it was made by Currie himself.

Tennessee did contact Mike Leach. I don't know what became of those discussions, but Leach WAS open to leaving Wazzu.

And just in case any of you are interested in an outside perspective, most people in the profession believe Tennessee should be focusing on a young, hungry coaching talent eager to make a name for himself. The way you get through these distractions and storylines is by bringing on ambition big enough to crush them.

Good luck.

He gone.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,670
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

http://www.volnation.com/forum/tennessee-vols-football/285466-hire-chris-petersen-new-post.html

These idiots started another thread about Chris Petersen. No offense to our new Vol friend but you may have the dumbest fan base of all time.

From the first post in thread:

Hire Chris Petersen. He is currently making less than 5 million a year and only 1.5 million buyout. If we can offer Gundy 6 why not offer Petersen 7-8 million plus cost of living is probably cheaper in East Tennessee with no state income tax .

Last time I checked zero is still equal to zero.
    Is that common core