Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

PM to BackthePack (OFFICIAL Advice Thread)

12346»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,844

AZDuck said:

College is just prep for grad school. Liberal arts colleges will get you into grad school.

Don't be a fag and skimp on maff unless you can throw a deep out.

Debt is slavery. Minimize or eliminate your exposure to student loans.

Good colleges will help you get your degree with little or no debt. Shitty colleges will give you all loans financial aid.

If you must go to public colleges for undergrad and you can't do it without loans, consider 2 years at a JC. Some have excellent college prep programs at bargain prices.

I'm going to Gonzaga most likely.
    Be sure to visit Jo-Jeans Oriental Spa on your recruiting trip.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club

If you want to work for someone else go to school and get in debt, with no guarantee it will pay off. If you want to get on the fast track to being your own boss, forget school and learn how to trade the market. Start studying now. You can educate yourself from your mom's basement.

Great advice
    BTFD

i studied this shit and still don't have the conviction to fuck around in the current market.
    Great opportunity to buy high and sell low
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited October 2017

If you want to work for someone else go to school and get in debt, with no guarantee it will pay off. If you want to get on the fast track to being your own boss, forget school and learn how to trade the market. Start studying now. You can educate yourself from your mom's basement.

Great advice
    BTFD

i studied this shit and still don't have the conviction to fuck around in the current market.
    Great opportunity to buy high and sell low
    Buying high and selling higher has also worked for some time now. That's not for me, but it's been working.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

You really think a kid on HH is motivated enough to study the market? I would rather been in my grubby sweatpants watching TBS tapes than that shit.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,541 Standard Supporter

AZDuck said:

College is just prep for grad school. Liberal arts colleges will get you into grad school.

Good colleges will help you get your degree with little or no debt. Shitty colleges will give you all loans financial aid.

If you must go to public colleges for undergrad and you can't do it without loans, consider 2 years at a JC. Some have excellent college prep programs at bargain prices.

Da FUQ?!?

You like getting diddled by priests?

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,924 Founders Club

AZDuck said:

Dude just do a year at community college and transfer in to UW.
    It's too large of a school for me.
    Do you have anxiety problems?
    Lol no.
    I would understand if you have anxiety issues, then a smaller school would make sense. But just to say it is too big of school for you is just does not make sense. Job prospects are better from UW than Zaga.
    I have some learning disabilites that make GU a better fit.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,156

AZDuck said:

Dude just do a year at community college and transfer in to UW.
    It's too large of a school for me.
    Do you have anxiety problems?
    Lol no.
    I would understand if you have anxiety issues, then a smaller school would make sense. But just to say it is too big of school for you is just does not make sense. Job prospects are better from UW than Zaga.
    I have some learning disabilites that make GU a better fit.
    BTP is Bailey Elder.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,924 Founders Club

Great advice
    BTFD

I just keep putting a modest sum every month into a mutual fund and don't overanalyze it.
    ETFs for the win.

#nofees #TheMoreYouKnow

https://youtu.be/YrTYz-5n5vE
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    Thought for the day: Jack and Jill went up the hill, each with $1.25. Jill came back with $2.50....

Refer to my previous poasts in this thread.
  • doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072

It's easier to ask forgiveness than permission

Follow your heart and your dick will follow you

Weinstein Company motto?
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    At least im good at maff
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club