Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Is this thread about Ringo or Lake? You retards.

Both! How bout that!?!!
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Kelee isn’t going to SC
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,814
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Is this thread about Ringo or Lake? You retards.

About ringo’s mom
    Pics?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

My random take:

From a $$$ standpoint Lake has been priced out of anything that isn’t s P5 job

Due to geography, he’s probably not as realistic of a hire in some conferences vs others

Bottom tier P5 jobs may not be viewed as overly attractive as there is a ton of risk in them and the pay often isn’t anything special

High end P5 jobs (not named Washington) will likely pursue higher caliber/experienced candidates ... while Lake at SC could be really good ... the odds are that SC would never take the leap with him and prefer someone in their family because that’s what they do

So by my count there are probably only a handful of jobs that are realistic and a number of them have just been filled in the last year or two

At this point, Lake would have to be the favorite to be the next HC at Washington ... now whether that % is over 20-25% is a completely different question

SC ain’t hiring Lake ... goes against their DNA

Lake leaving as a HC would hurt us ... if he stays then we are the favorite but not sure enough of one at this point to combat the field

The last 25 years, SC HCs with previous ties to the program failed—miserably. Carrol, the outsider, delivered different results
    • John Robinson — Trojan ties
    • Hackett — Trojan ties
    • Pete Carrol — Outsider
    • Laney Kirin — Trojan ties
    • Sark — Trojan ties
    • Clay Helton —Trojan ties
    The Robinson victory lap and Hackett the Hack: tired, old coaches. Carroll: energetic and defensive minded. 7 consecutive top 5 finishes, including two consecutive Natties. Kiffin: Charmin soft. Offense > Defense. Terminated on the Tarmac. Sark: a Drunk leading an undisplined team. Clay Helton: Fortnighter; awful recruiter. SC— where 5-stars go to die.

SC will look for an outsider. Dynamic. Defensive minded. A successful recruiter, preferably with west coast ties. Discipline. Proven talent developer. A younger Pete Carrol without the baggage. Stable.

Connect the dots...

Then again, it’s SC, meaning theyll hire another HC with Trojan ties and continue losing

SC rarely is smart

Their next coach is a big name

The Carroll vs Lake angle sounds nice until remembering that Petey was a HC prior
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

My random take:

Due to geography, he’s probably not as realistic of a hire in some conferences vs others

Bottom tier P5 jobs may not be viewed as overly attractive as there is a ton of risk in them and the pay often isn’t anything special

High end P5 jobs (not named Washington) will likely pursue higher caliber/experienced candidates ... while Lake at SC could be really good ... the odds are that SC would never take the leap with him and prefer someone in their family because that’s what they do

So by my count there are probably only a handful of jobs that are realistic and a number of them have just been filled in the last year or two

At this point, Lake would have to be the favorite to be the next HC at Washington ... now whether that % is over 20-25% is a completely different question

Lake leaving as a HC would hurt us ... if he stays then we are the favorite but not sure enough of one at this point to combat the field

The last 25 years, SC HCs with previous ties to the program failed—miserably. Carrol, the outsider, delivered different results
    • Hackett — Trojan ties
    • Pete Carrol — Outsider
    • Sark — Trojan ties
    The Robinson victory lap and Hackett the Hack: tired, old coaches. Carroll: energetic and defensive minded. 7 consecutive top 5 finishes, including two consecutive Natties. Kiffin: Charmin soft. Offense > Defense. Terminated on the Tarmac. Sark: a Drunk leading an undisplined team. Clay Helton: Fortnighter; awful recruiter. SC— where 5-stars go to die.

SC will look for an outsider. Dynamic. Defensive minded. A successful recruiter, preferably with west coast ties. Discipline. Proven talent developer. A younger Pete Carrol without the baggage. Stable.

Connect the dots...

Then again, it’s SC, meaning theyll hire another HC with Trojan ties and continue losing

SC rarely is smart

The Carroll vs Lake angle sounds nice until remembering that Petey was a HC prior
    And like their fourth choice
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,176
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Baseman said:

Tequilla said:

My random take:

• Hackett — Trojan ties
    • Pete Carrol — Outsider
    • Sark — Trojan ties

Connect the dots...

SC rarely is smart

And like their fourth choice
    and had been a HC in the NFL.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yo, we’re getting little to no twitter love from Kelee. Whose writing the play book on how to coach dawg moms to recruit future dawgs moms? You guys think I’m fucking around here but unless we’re getting moms a purple challenger, I’m not seeing it right now.

To be clear... I hope this ages horribly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yo, we’re getting little to no twitter love from Kelee. Whose writing the play book on how to coach dawg moms to recruit future dawgs moms? You guys think I’m fucking around here but unless we’re getting moms a purple challenger, I’m not seeing it right now.

When mom got in the picture it was all over, he was all on UW then... poof
    Is it because she won’t fly?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I’m stinking we need nates mom and millers mom to help us recruit kelees mom. @btp. You got into tweeting recruits moms yet?

Ho.Lee.Fuck btp. I was kidding about the tweeting at recruits moms but whatever.

I guess if we need someone to take one for the team I’m in.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

she's waiting for lake's bbc.

cue lake's purple cup gif....
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,814
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    RealRhino said:

Meek said:

Kelee is fucking good, but I think our chances with him are less than 20%.

Lake isn't Lambo - Kwat is Lambo. Or - to be fair to Kwat, Kwat is Solich, prolly - but you get my point.

Lake wants to be a HC and he should. I just don't want him to be a HC at USC or Oregon.

The reality is, USC makes a lot of sense for him...

I'm just hoping they cock up the hire and get Jeff Fisher or Jack Del Rio.

Being a HC is mostly about being a CEO. I don't have close enough knowledge to evaluate whether Jimmy is a good CEO or not. He's a fucking great position coach (though pretty much everyone looks like a great position coach under Pete) and he's a really good recruiter.

I'm not afraid of Cristobal's recruiting machine, though. Teams that recruit amazing are annoying because they can randomly whip your ass when they have a 'good game' (see us vs. USC 2016), but generally guys who are 'great recruiters' end up like Sark and Kiff did at USC... "you brought in all this talent, why are you getting beat by the 7th place team in the conference?!?!"

See - I don't JUST care about recruiting.

We aren't getting Kelee unless Sav'ell commits early and dedicates his life to recruiting him.

what an interesting and quick way to kill my morning boner
    The only way we get him is if Sav'ell makes it his mission and somehow we can convince his mom that UW is going to be good for her kid.

I really hope we see Byron and Taylor go 1-2 for DBs, it would definitely help.
    They're not going 1-2. Byron has what, maybe a 40% shot of being the first? He's probably the favorite but you almost always have to take the field, it's not like he's seen as some can't miss, top 5 DB type. I think Rapp makes it into the first round but I don't think it's likely he makes it all the way to the #2 DB.

If we need them going 1-2 to get Kelee, #HeGone.
    Would it help? Yes it would. Do we need it to land him? No we don't.

Help ≠ Necessary.

You're welcome.

We got fucked on Kelee because his mom doesn't give 2 shits about UW. Our branding sins are palpable in recruiting 5-stars.

We need a couple kids like Sav'ell—who are truly program changers—to take the onus on them to show out for UW and WWa. And then we need our marketing department and program to amplify that.

So, we will probably go ofer.

:::suicide:::
    If this is the case, though, it's not just branding or the marketing department, it's on the coaches. How can his mom not see the benefit of the UW for Kelee? I'm a fucking moron with a computer and within 30 seconds of reading this I could already tell you that since Coach Pete and Lake came to the UW, only TWO schools in the entire country have put more CBs in the 1st or 2nd round than the UW: Ohio State and Florida. Not LSU, not Clemson, not Alabama, not Penn State, not Florida State, not Miami, not USC, not Oklahoma, not Michigan, and certainly not fucking Texas, which hasn't put out a top DB in years.

And Ohio State and Florida just lost the head coaches that helped develop those guys!

How is that not made abundantly clear to the parents of CB/DB recruits?
    Is this a question you really want answered?
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    animate said:

she's waiting for lake's bbc.

cue lake's purple cup gif....
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Our shot is that Sav'ell gets in the boat and goes hard on Kelee. Let's hope Byron and Tay go as high as humanly possible.

We need to keep shelling on twitter with how bad Texas is with talent. It seems retarded that it matters, but it does matter.

DBs especially. In the last decade, Texas hasn’t had any successful NFL DBs outside of Earl Thomas and Adrian Phillips (who went undrafted). Kenny Vaccaro hasn’t lived up to his 1st round status
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    It wouldn’t hurt to point out that Shaq and Reggie went in the first round.