Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kelee Ringo, 5* 2020 DB, Scottsdale (Saguaro), AZ (Offered 12/7/17)

Comments

• PenacePenace Member Posts: 494
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    How the fuck is this hard? Seattle ties and wants to play in the NFL. Fucking come to UW dude nothing else makes sense.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Our shot is that Sav'ell gets in the boat and goes hard on Kelee. Let's hope Byron and Tay go as high as humanly possible.

We need to keep shelling on twitter with how bad Texas is with talent. It seems retarded that it matters, but it does matter.

DDY- it seems retarded that it matters how bad Texas is at undeveloping talent or it seems retarded that TBS’ing the fuck out of these kids with data on how bad they are at undeveloping talent matters?

I feel a potential whooosh here.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Our shot is that Sav'ell gets in the boat and goes hard on Kelee. Let's hope Byron and Tay go as high as humanly possible.

We need to keep shelling on twitter with how bad Texas is with talent. It seems retarded that it matters, but it does matter.

DBs especially. In the last decade, Texas hasn’t had any successful NFL DBs outside of Earl Thomas and Adrian Phillips (who went undrafted). Kenny Vaccaro hasn’t lived up to his 1st round status
    They're about to have NFL DBs. They had a freshman All-American at safety this year. He was a former five star, but still.

They've brought in some insane DB classes lately. Can't really point to history when their relatively new staff has done a good job with that position.
  • LaMichael_CorleoneLaMichael_Corleone Member Posts: 1,316
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2019

The longer Sav’ell and Johnny take to commit, the worse our? chances are at landing Kelee.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

The longer Sav’ell and Johnny take to commit, the worse our? chances are at landing Kelee.
    jimmy better fucking get him, he is about to be the highest paid coordinator in the conference.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2019
    I think we have a good chance with Ringo... However I do think it's going to go down to the wire...

But seriously, all we need is Byron Murphy Jr to call/text/tweet Ringo right after being drafted in the first round and tell him he needs to be replaced and Ringo is the man to do it.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    RealRhino said:

NEsnake12 said:

DBs especially. In the last decade, Texas hasn’t had any successful NFL DBs outside of Earl Thomas and Adrian Phillips (who went undrafted). Kenny Vaccaro hasn’t lived up to his 1st round status
    They're about to have NFL DBs. They had a freshman All-American at safety this year. He was a former five star, but still.

They've brought in some insane DB classes lately. Can't really point to history when their relatively new staff has done a good job with that position.
    Are they? When? First, their safeties coach is different than their CB coach, so unless Ringo is playing safety, that wouldn't matter.

Second, Texas always brings in insane classes. Because their recruits are always overrated. By a ton. Quick search on Twitter will show you some Dawg fans that have done some good work in this area. Their wasting of talent rivals (or even surpasses) USC.

Third, how has their staff done a good job? Their CB coach might be a fine guy, but he's produced exactly one drafted CB in four years under Tom Herman in that position. Meanwhile, here are the DBs that have come out of Texas over the past two years since Herman was hired:
    Deshon Elliott: 4-star, drafted 6th round
    Holton Hill: 4-star, undrafted
    Antwuan Davis: 4-star, undrafted
    John Bonney: 4-star, undrafted
    Kris Boyd: 4-star, at the combine, projected 7th-round pick (Tony Pauline)
    Davante Davis: 4-star, at the combine, projected UDFA (Pauline)

SIX fucking 4-star DBs have finished up under these Texas DB coaches, and out of those six one guy got drafted, in the 6th round. And they have nobody slated to be drafted high next year, either. And it goes without saying that their 3-star recruits also haven't gotten drafted.

Meanwhile, by Year 3 Petersen and Lake had four DBs drafted in the first two rounds, and only one of the four was a 4-star recruit. Their next 4-star DB recruit, Byron Murphy, is about to get drafted in the 1st round.
    Again, the staff has only been there two years. None of their own recruits are draft eligible yet. How hard is that to understand?

Also, it's kind of besides the point but Holton Hill would have been a first or second round pick if he hadn't failed multiple drug tests.

I'm not arguing against whether or not Kelee should come here. Of course he should. I just think it's disingenous to attribute past lack of development to a staff that's been there two years.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

RealRhino said:

NEsnake12 said:

Are they? When? First, their safeties coach is different than their CB coach, so unless Ringo is playing safety, that wouldn't matter.

Second, Texas always brings in insane classes. Because their recruits are always overrated. By a ton. Quick search on Twitter will show you some Dawg fans that have done some good work in this area. Their wasting of talent rivals (or even surpasses) USC.

Third, how has their staff done a good job? Their CB coach might be a fine guy, but he's produced exactly one drafted CB in four years under Tom Herman in that position. Meanwhile, here are the DBs that have come out of Texas over the past two years since Herman was hired:
    Deshon Elliott: 4-star, drafted 6th round
    Holton Hill: 4-star, undrafted
    Antwuan Davis: 4-star, undrafted
    John Bonney: 4-star, undrafted
    Kris Boyd: 4-star, at the combine, projected 7th-round pick (Tony Pauline)
    Davante Davis: 4-star, at the combine, projected UDFA (Pauline)

SIX fucking 4-star DBs have finished up under these Texas DB coaches, and out of those six one guy got drafted, in the 6th round. And they have nobody slated to be drafted high next year, either. And it goes without saying that their 3-star recruits also haven't gotten drafted.

Meanwhile, by Year 3 Petersen and Lake had four DBs drafted in the first two rounds, and only one of the four was a 4-star recruit. Their next 4-star DB recruit, Byron Murphy, is about to get drafted in the 1st round.
    Again, the staff has only been there two years. None of their own recruits are draft eligible yet. How hard is that to understand?

Also, it's kind of besides the point but Holton Hill would have been a first or second round pick if he hadn't failed multiple drug tests.

I'm not arguing against whether or not Kelee should come here. Of course he should. I just think it's disingenous to attribute past lack of development to a staff that's been there two years.
    I get what you are saying, but if the staff is good they should be able to develop the talent that was on the roster when they got there, not just the guys they personally recruit. Again, over the past two years, they've had SIX 4-star guys in their DB room finish at Texas, and they will have turned that into a 6th-round pick and maybe another 6th- or 7th-round pick. To that extent I don't think it's disingenuous.

When Chris Petersen got here, there was some talent, just like at Texas. But it didn't wither on the vine here at the UW, Petersen and his staff developed it.

What it comes down to for me is that one guy's actually done it, and the other guy you are just having to hope he can do it. It should be an easy sell to convince a 5-star recruit to go with the guy who has actually done it.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Byron Murphy’s recruitment offers insight of what what’s important to a top-5 cornerback and his mother. From the Athletic

Byron’s mama : “When you walk in as a mother and you do all these official visits and meet all these coaches, a lot of them say the same thing, and it’s repetitive and kind of gets old. Who is the character? Who’s telling the truth here? Who cares about him? Who’s telling me anything I want to hear just to get them in the school? The difference between every coach I met and Coach Lake and Coach Petersen was so far off the charts. There was no confusion for me.”

Deep down, Murphy knew where he belonged, too, even as others worked to sway him until the moment he put pen to paper.

How close was he to staying home instead of playing for the Huskies?

“I signed for two schools,” Strickland said. “I had surgery and couldn’t go to his announcement. I told him, ‘You know what to do. God will tell you what to do.’ ”

Ultimately, Murphy’s relationship with Lake won out.

“I felt like he was the best coach on the field and off the field, him and Coach Pete,” Murphy said. “He’s one of the best DB coaches in the nation, I think, and having a head coach like Coach Pete being a good guy on and off the field … I kind of wanted to do something new, have a new experience, and I felt like that was the best place for me.”

In hindsight, Murphy’s decision to leave home marked the beginning of a transformation — from immature teenager to a development-minded adult — that continues to this day.

“It would have been a lot easier to go to Arizona State,” Mohns said. “When he really took a step back, I think he realized that getting out and getting away from some of the people around him and getting out of his comfort zone is what he really needed to do to grow up. Coach Petersen runs a true program. Coach Lake, I think, is the best in the country at developing defensive backs, and a good man and good role model. If he was going to be successful and have the opportunity to do what he’s getting ready to do, that was the place he needed to go.”

Does mama Ringo care about this though?
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Byron Murphy’s recruitment offers insight of what what’s important to a top-5 cornerback and his mother. From the Athletic

Byron’s mama : “When you walk in as a mother and you do all these official visits and meet all these coaches, a lot of them say the same thing, and it’s repetitive and kind of gets old. Who is the character? Who’s telling the truth here? Who cares about him? Who’s telling me anything I want to hear just to get them in the school? The difference between every coach I met and Coach Lake and Coach Petersen was so far off the charts. There was no confusion for me.”

Deep down, Murphy knew where he belonged, too, even as others worked to sway him until the moment he put pen to paper.

“I signed for two schools,” Strickland said. “I had surgery and couldn’t go to his announcement. I told him, ‘You know what to do. God will tell you what to do.’ ”

“I felt like he was the best coach on the field and off the field, him and Coach Pete,” Murphy said. “He’s one of the best DB coaches in the nation, I think, and having a head coach like Coach Pete being a good guy on and off the field … I kind of wanted to do something new, have a new experience, and I felt like that was the best place for me.”

In hindsight, Murphy’s decision to leave home marked the beginning of a transformation — from immature teenager to a development-minded adult — that continues to this day.

“It would have been a lot easier to go to Arizona State,” Mohns said. “When he really took a step back, I think he realized that getting out and getting away from some of the people around him and getting out of his comfort zone is what he really needed to do to grow up. Coach Petersen runs a true program. Coach Lake, I think, is the best in the country at developing defensive backs, and a good man and good role model. If he was going to be successful and have the opportunity to do what he’s getting ready to do, that was the place he needed to go.”

Yep
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    Then when does texass seem to be her fav? Good bagmen? Just not understanding this one.
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    I'm sure she wants the best for kelee... But she may need alot more leading to the water to have a drink.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    animate said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    I'm sure she wants the best for kelee... But she may need alot more leading to the water to have a drink.
    That’s fine on several levels.

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    Then when does texass seem to be her fav? Good bagmen? Just not understanding this one.
    LIPO
  • AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,958
    Founders Club

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    20k from Bagman vs 7.5 garaunteed. Seems pretty shortsighted.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AEB said:

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    20k from Bagman vs 7.5 garaunteed. Seems pretty shortsighted.
    Agreed and part of what I was thinking.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,061
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

WHERE THE FUCK IS RINGO???
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615

Baseman said:

Baseman said:

Yep
    I'm sure everything about Texas says big time. That would influence me as a parent. I'm not sure with our marketing, our uniforms, our everything, that we give off the same vibe. DDY is right, our branding is weak as shit. Even as a Husky fan I see our presence as more mom 'n' pop, when what we should really be is the exclusive boutique firm that isn't the monolithic big presence, but the ninja fuckers that actually get results.